Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

vehicles disappear

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> vehicles disappear Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
vehicles disappear - 8/22/2021 10:26:31 AM   
Barbos2

Hi

I play for Germans, in January 1942 I transfer fully equipped 19-th Pz Division from West Europe to Map. That's ok, in two turns the division lands near Berlin, but with 0 vehicles instead of ~ 2500 before the transfer. I experimented a few times with other divisions, sometimes got zero again, sometimes about half lost. Sure, without trucks the unit has no combat value. Why does this happen?
Post #: 1
RE: vehicles disappear - 8/22/2021 2:18:45 PM   
xhoel

Units coming from the reserve come without trucks. So you have to let them sit in a depot (an NSS preferably) so they receive vehicles for next turn.

It is WAD, but it is an annoying feature that in my opinion should be removed.

AAR WITW: Gotterdammerung 43-45
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4490035
AAR WITE: A Clash of Titans 41-45
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4488465
WitE 2 Tester and Test Coordinator

(in reply to Barbos2)
Post #: 2
RE: vehicles disappear - 8/22/2021 2:45:19 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: xhoel

Units coming from the reserve come without trucks. So you have to let them sit in a depot (an NSS preferably) so they receive vehicles for next turn.

It is WAD, but it is an annoying feature that in my opinion should be removed.

may not be WAD - the OP says its a transfer from the West

as to the reserve, well the alternative is an awful lot of trucks tied up with all the frustration that will cause?

(in reply to xhoel)
Post #: 3
RE: vehicles disappear - 8/22/2021 3:48:09 PM   
Barbos2

More experiments: I just transfer pz divisions from WE or AR to MAP. They all (say 10th and 22nd pzd) start with full set of trucks (~2500 each). They land near NSS (Berlin): 22nd with the same number of trucks (100%) and 10th with just 313 trucks (12%). I wait for one turn more, but no change, 10th pzd is crippled. That happens after transfers from reserve (WE, AR etc) to MAP, sometimes divisions arrive with full set of vehicles, sometimes half or less, even zero. I think it'd be natural to keep all the division's trucks after the transfer.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 4
RE: vehicles disappear - 8/22/2021 4:56:45 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barbos2

More experiments: I just transfer pz divisions from WE or AR to MAP. They all (say 10th and 22nd pzd) start with full set of trucks (~2500 each). They land near NSS (Berlin): 22nd with the same number of trucks (100%) and 10th with just 313 trucks (12%). I wait for one turn more, but no change, 10th pzd is crippled. That happens after transfers from reserve (WE, AR etc) to MAP, sometimes divisions arrive with full set of vehicles, sometimes half or less, even zero. I think it'd be natural to keep all the division's trucks after the transfer.

units in the reserve don't have their own trucks, this is by design

(in reply to Barbos2)
Post #: 5
RE: vehicles disappear - 8/24/2021 2:53:19 PM   
Barbos2

Experiment N: January 1941, Germans are pretty low on vehicles, but the pool has ~10000. I transfer six Pz Divisions in one turn from AR to MAP and they arrive with 0 trucks all. Great.
Experiment N+1: the same turn. I transfer one Pz Division from AR to MAP and it arrives with 100% trucks.
Conclusion: it's ok to transfer units from the reserves by one per turn and keep them on MAP near NSS so that they do not loose trucks and not take fatigue. Do they receive training on the MAP?

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 6
RE: vehicles disappear - 8/24/2021 8:13:32 PM   
DrHiramTemple

quote:

ORIGINAL: loki100

units in the reserve don't have their own trucks, this is by design

I'm not sure this is working as designed then, as most of my units in the SR show a vehicle qty, listed in both the unit itself and in the command window. Attached a pic for reference.

Is this a display issue then, or something else?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 7
RE: vehicles disappear - 8/25/2021 8:11:41 AM   
Erzac

What I'm seeing is some PzD's refill their trucks in AR and keep them when coming back to the map and some are shedding all the trucks instead. No noticeable pattern why some formations keep their trucks and some don't.

(in reply to DrHiramTemple)
Post #: 8
RE: vehicles disappear - 8/25/2021 8:14:11 AM   
Denniss

This should be bugged for investigation.
Its possible a display issue or they have trucks in reserve but send them back to pool once transferred to map.
investigation needed to verify it all works as intended and no trucks are sent into nirwana or taken out of it.

(in reply to Erzac)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> vehicles disappear Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI