Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unable to select target

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Unable to select target Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unable to select target - 9/1/2021 9:09:44 PM   
beads

Shortly after I saved in the attached, my ship Yorktown is attacked by an aircraft.

When I try to engage the aircraft by using ctrl f1 and clicking on it, the weapons screen comes up with the target as a BOL point and I can only use BOL capable weapons.

As I am unable to select the target I cannot fire on it.

I have also tried simply telling Yorktown to attack the aircraft using f1, nothing happens.

Also I noted the sticky on this forum saying always attach a savefile - when I tried to attach the savefile I got the message filetype not supported, so I zipped the savefile before attaching.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Unable to select target - 9/1/2021 11:27:09 PM   
thewood1

In a couple of the pinned threads on asking for help and how to post, it says to zip the file. For security, as far as I can tell, Matrix only accepts jpg and zip files.

As to the Yorktown; its doctrine is set to weapons hold. If you switch to Tight and either designate the Flogger as hostile or designate it as a target for the YT, through F1, the YT will fire.

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to beads)
Post #: 2
RE: Unable to select target - 9/1/2021 11:30:18 PM   
thewood1

btw, one of the best ways to tell why something isn't firing is to look in the manual under that section or use shift+F1. When using shift+F1, it'll actually tell why you can't fire. But the list isn't exhaustive. When I hit shift+F1 and it shows weapons are green, yet still not firing, I always check ROE settings.

In fact, before I start any scenario, I try to go through ROEs and make sure they are going to conflict with my plans.

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 3
RE: Unable to select target - 9/1/2021 11:34:36 PM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

When I try to engage the aircraft by using ctrl f1 and clicking on it, the weapons screen comes up with the target as a BOL point and I can only use BOL capable weapons.

I'm confused that's what ctrl-f1 is for, if you want non-bol weapons use shift-f1.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 4
RE: Unable to select target - 9/2/2021 7:08:42 AM   
beads

Thanks for the info, i still need to get my head around the primacy of doctrine.

Is there a way to see all of the red text in the weapons window when a weapon can't fire?

I can usually only read the first part of it because the text is cut off by the edge of the window section.

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 5
RE: Unable to select target - 9/2/2021 8:57:31 AM   
thewood1

I think if you hover over the line.

(in reply to beads)
Post #: 6
RE: Unable to select target - 9/2/2021 7:18:32 PM   
KnightHawk75

Or scroll to the right in more recent builds.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Unable to select target Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI