Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Acadian Expulsion (the Great Upheaval)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Acadian Expulsion (the Great Upheaval) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Acadian Expulsion (the Great Upheaval) - 10/1/2021 5:47:44 PM   
operating

About 20 years ago traveled to Nova Scotia to visit the lands of my ancestors, it was my fourth journey to Canada and a desire to seek out people of my heritage. By word of mouth and by documents learned the how and why it was this descendent of the Acadian people came to be raised in the Boston vicinity. The below article will give the reader an idea the pain and misery my ancestors suffered which is felt to this day. Nova Scotia was originally called Acadia, Nova Scotia is Scottish for New Scotland, You might ask why? I'll let you do the research if so wish to find out why. There's likely many others in our community that have a story similar to mine they'd like to share to fill an emptiness or void to make themselves whole. I could relate this thread to the results of war and fight it over again with something that Matrix has to offer. I can't change history, although I can try to do so virtually.

https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/the-deportation-of-the-acadians-feature

< Message edited by operating -- 10/1/2021 9:25:07 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Acadian Expulsion (the Great Upheaval) - 10/1/2021 6:27:59 PM   
jwarrenw13

Very familiar with the story, as a native of Louisiana, though most of my ancestors were English or Scots.

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 2
RE: Acadian Expulsion (the Great Upheaval) - 10/1/2021 9:04:16 PM   
ThomasJay

Interesting article. I was familiar with the expulsion, I had a proud Cajun for a room mate throughout college, good people, we're still in touch after 40 years. Did a lot of Acadians end up in the Boston area? I'd think that wouldn't have been the most welcoming place at the time.

(in reply to jwarrenw13)
Post #: 3
RE: Acadian Expulsion (the Great Upheaval) - 10/1/2021 9:15:51 PM   
operating

From Wikipedia: As you read below Acadians were treated like slaves..in Massachusetts...

quote:

Massachusetts
Approximately 2,000 Acadians disembarked at the Colony of Massachusetts. There were several families deported to the Province of Maine, a large, but sparsely populated exclave of the colony of Massachusetts.[76] For four long winter months, William Shirley, who had ordered their deportation, had not allowed them to disembark and as a result, half died of cold and starvation aboard the ships. Some men and women were forced into servitude or forced labor, children were taken away from their parents and were distributed to various families throughout Massachusetts.[77] The government also arranged the adoption of orphaned children and provided subsidies for housing and food for a year.[78]

Connecticut
The Colony of Connecticut prepared for the arrival of 700 Acadians.[79] Like Maryland, the Connecticut legislature declared that "[the Acadians] be made welcome, helped and settled under the most advantageous conditions, or if they have to be sent away, measures be taken for their transfer."[80]

Pennsylvania and Virginia
The Colony of Pennsylvania accommodated 500 Acadians. Because they arrived unexpectedly, the Acadians had to remain in port on their vessels for months. The Colony of Virginia refused to accept the Acadians on grounds that no notice was given of their arrival.[81]They were detained at Williamsburg,[citation needed] where hundreds died from disease and malnutrition. They were then sent to Britain where they were held as prisoners until the Treaty of Paris in 1763.[82]
quote:

< Message edited by operating -- 10/1/2021 9:24:10 PM >

(in reply to ThomasJay)
Post #: 4
RE: Acadian Expulsion (the Great Upheaval) - 10/1/2021 9:45:18 PM   
ThomasJay

Read the wiki article, I had not been aware of how many had been sent to Massachusetts and how brutal the treatment was. Interesting how different treatment was in Connecticut and Maryland

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 5
RE: Acadian Expulsion (the Great Upheaval) - 10/1/2021 11:25:29 PM   
RangerJoe

Remember also that at time, they were citizens of an enemy power . . .

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to ThomasJay)
Post #: 6
RE: Acadian Expulsion (the Great Upheaval) - 10/2/2021 2:36:06 AM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

Remember also that at time, they were citizens of an enemy power . . .

For some reason I feel pity for you

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 7
RE: Acadian Expulsion (the Great Upheaval) - 10/2/2021 9:45:33 AM   
Don60420

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHQbFf0HAA

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 8
RE: Acadian Expulsion (the Great Upheaval) - 10/2/2021 12:26:32 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: operating

... Nova Scotia was originally called Acadia, Nova Scotia is Scottish for New Scotland, You might ask why? I'll let you do the research if so wish to find out why. ...

Well its not Scots in any form. Its not Lowland Scots, its not Orcadian Scots, its not Doric Scots (those are the 3 main English/German/Norse related dialects). It most definitely isn't Gàidhlig which was the language of the bulk of early Scots settlers in the Americas.

There are, unfortunately, a load of myths and fantasies about the make up and reasons for the Scottish diaspora into the Americas from 1600 onwards. But we can readilly assume that most weren't latin speakers

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 9
RE: Acadian Expulsion (the Great Upheaval) - 10/2/2021 1:47:30 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: loki100

quote:

... Nova Scotia was originally called Acadia, Nova Scotia is Scottish for New Scotland, You might ask why? I'll let you do the research if so wish to find out why. ...

Well its not Scots in any form. Its not Lowland Scots, its not Orcadian Scots, its not Doric Scots (those are the 3 main English/German/Norse related dialects). It most definitely isn't Gàidhlig which was the language of the bulk of early Scots settlers in the Americas.

There are, unfortunately, a load of myths and fantasies about the make up and reasons for the Scottish diaspora into the Americas from 1600 onwards. But we can readilly assume that most weren't latin speakers

You may be right on which dialect that Nova Scotia originates from, so did a search this morning and came up with the below quote:

quote:

"Nova Scotia" means "New Scotland" in Latin and is the recognized English-language name for the province. In both French and Scottish Gaelic, the province is directly translated as "New Scotland" (French: Nouvelle-Écosse. Gaelic: Alba Nuadh).
quote:

< Message edited by operating -- 10/2/2021 1:49:12 PM >

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 10
RE: Acadian Expulsion (the Great Upheaval) - 10/2/2021 2:01:47 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: loki100

quote:

loki100, also found this:

quote:

Nova Scotia was named by Sir William Alexander, who received a grant to all the land between New England and Newfoundland from King James VI of Scotland (King James I of England) in 1621. The official charter was in Latin and the name "New Scotland" retained its Latin form — Nova Scotia.Aug 15, 2017
quote:

Also dug this up: https://theculturetrip.com/north-america/canada/articles/how-did-nova-scotia-get-its-name/

quote:

How Did Nova Scotia Get its Name?
Cape Breton Highlands
Cape Breton Highlands | © Parks Canada
Photo of Kate Horodyski
Kate Horodyski
11 January 2018

Add to Plan
As with most of North America, Nova Scotia has a strong European background. The country’s second-smallest province had, and continues to have, particularly strong ties to Scotland, and its name is Latin for New Scotland. Read on to learn about how Nova Scotia got its name.

The province was named by Sir William Alexander in 1621, after he was given the land from King James IV of Scotland. Settlers were sent here from Scotland to help establish the country’s holding in the new world.

Celtic Colours Festival | © Canadian Tourism Commission
Nova Scotia’s culture has been greatly influenced by its strong ties to Scotland, particularly on Cape Breton Island. Nova Scotia’s strong Gaelic and Celtic heritage set it apart from the rest of the country, and really help the province have its own unique culture and way of life. You’ll find many popular Scottish traditions and identifiers in the province, including bagpipes, kilts, céilidhs (kitchen parties), Celtic music, traditional dance, and more.

Nova Scotia | © Dennis Jarvis/Flickr
It’s not just the culture that Nova Scotia shares with Scotland- you’ll also find similarities in the landscape. Head to the Cape Breton Highlands and you could swear you were in its European counterpart, with their rolling hills and beautiful ocean views.

Cape Breton Island | © Nova Scotia Tourism
Nova Scotians are very proud of their Scottish roots, and you can learn more about the Celtic and Gaelic traditions that continue to this day through the province’s traditions, events, museums, and festivals. For more information, check out Tourism Nova Scotia’s website.

On your next visit to Nova Scotia, be sure to take some time to explore the province’s rich culture. Whether you’re attending a traditional céilidh, exploring the highlands, attending a Gaelic festival, or listening to live local music at a local bar, you’ll find plenty of opportunities to enjoy the Scottish-influenced atmosphere.
quote:

< Message edited by operating -- 10/2/2021 2:15:13 PM >

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 11
RE: Acadian Expulsion (the Great Upheaval) - 10/2/2021 4:41:40 PM   
operating

Not quite satisfied with the best description with the region's name of Nova Scotia and how it came about did a further search coming up with this: https://history.howstuffworks.com/historical-events/nova-scotia-latin-name-canada.htm

quote:

Why Does Nova Scotia Have a Latin Name?
By: Laurie L. Dove

The town of Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, is representative of the region's maritime history, and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Rolf Hicker/All Canada Photos/Getty Images
The town of Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, is representative of the region's maritime history, and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. ROLF HICKER/ALL CANADA PHOTOS/GETTY IMAGES
Ever wonder how North American places got their names? The provinces of Canada differ in personality just as much as New York does from California, and so do their titles.

Newfoundland, a province on Canada's east coast, has English roots in its nomenclature. King Henry VII of England referred to the territory John Cabot came upon in 1947 as "New Found Launde." Farther south on Canada's east coast, New Brunswick also sports a purely English name, albeit with German origins. When the province was established in 1784, it was named New Brunswick in honor of King George III, who also happened to hold the title of Duke of Brunswick in Germany. And head even farther south to what's the United States, and New England is a whole region unto itself.

Neighboring Nova Scotia's name, however, has a different story to tell. While most of North America's places have names emanating from English, Spanish, French and other colonizing languages — and a fair amount pay homage to native people pushed aside in the process — Nova Scotia is the one North American region with a Latin name.

sir william alexander
Scottish poet and courtier Sir William Alexander, first Earl of Stirling, depicted in this circa-1610 image, helped establish Nova Scotia in the early 17th century.
ARCHIVE PHOTOS/GETTY IMAGES
Nova Scotia is Latin. The word nova is the feminine form of novus, meaning "new", and Scotia means Scotland. Thus, Nova Scotia in Latin is literally "New Scotland." Interestingly enough, Scotia is a term ancient Romans used to refer to the people living in Hibernia, which is now Ireland. It wasn't until the Middle Ages that Scotia/Scotland evolved to refer to the region north of England.

Fast-forward to the 1600s, when Scottish poet and courtier Sir William Alexander met James Charles Stuart, who ruled as King James VI of Scotland and James I of England and Ireland. Alexander was recruited to help King James VI and I, as the monarch is known, translate ancient biblical psalms; James is the same king who sponsored the biblical translation that bears his name and persists in modern times.

In 1621, King James VI and I granted large swaths of territory across the Atlantic to Sir William, who was also an explorer, and appointed him mayor — though much of the region was contested by European powers. Previously, the area had been called Mi'kma'ki by members of the First Nations. The French called it Acadia, and the British and Scottish had been referring to it as New Scotland for some time.

The first European settlement in Nova Scotia had been established in 1605, when the French set down roots by establishing the town of Port Royal. After six battles over the ensuing decades, the English conquered the French forces. For three years starting in 1629, Nova Scotia became a Scottish colony established by Sir William. He officially named Nova Scotia to honor his monarch's role as king of Scotland, and the literary-minded Sir William opted for the Latin name.

After centuries of varying external rule, Nova Scotia officially joined the Canadian confederation in 1867, bearing Sir William's Latin derivative, which had become the official and enduring label for the Atlantic province.
quote:

< Message edited by operating -- 10/2/2021 4:45:22 PM >

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 12
RE: Acadian Expulsion (the Great Upheaval) - 10/4/2021 9:06:25 PM   
gamer78

quote:

https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/the-deportation-of-the-acadians-feature

From the article if we change English to OE and Acadian to Armenians in 1915 in WW'1 similar it seems. Both nations didn't want militia in the back can cause problems. But they did go extreme. There are many instances in history where not only ethnic groups but religious sects deported by force. Another one Tzar to Ottoman Empire from their religious beliefs.

https://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malakanlar "couldn't find english wiki unfortunately"

< Message edited by gamer78 -- 10/4/2021 9:10:59 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 13
RE: Acadian Expulsion (the Great Upheaval) - 10/4/2021 9:38:49 PM   
operating

Where I grew up there were several Armenian families, one of those families even bought my parent's house when I was very young. All the Armenians were the friendliest and nicest people you ever meet, many in my age group ended up being lifelong friends to this day. Sometimes I would meet an older Armenian member of their families that wore their customary dress/clothes they adorned in their native lands and had not quite learned English yet, fascinating to see and listen to. Those were the ones who were the survivors of the OE genocide. I could tell there was a sadness there, but being young in those days it was not delved on in those early years as to why?

< Message edited by operating -- 10/4/2021 9:51:04 PM >

(in reply to gamer78)
Post #: 14
RE: Acadian Expulsion (the Great Upheaval) - 10/4/2021 10:30:37 PM   
ThomasJay

quote:

ORIGINAL: gamer78

quote:

From the article if we change English to OE and Acadian to Armenians in 1915 in WW'1 similar it seems. Both nations didn't want militia in the back can cause problems. But they did go extreme. There are many instances in history where not only ethnic groups but religious sects deported by force. Another one Tzar to Ottoman Empire from their religious beliefs.

https://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malakanlar "couldn't find english wiki unfortunately"

OK , you sent me down a rabbit hole reading about Molokans.
I'm not quite clear whether they were exiled for drinking milk on holy days or was it because of inter-marrying with Tatars?

(in reply to gamer78)
Post #: 15
RE: Acadian Expulsion (the Great Upheaval) - 10/5/2021 12:58:32 AM   
operating

quote:

quote:

googled Malakanlar and found this link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molokan right above the link you provided. If you were trying to reference Armenians it seems you missed the mark, even so, it was an interesting read.

(in reply to gamer78)
Post #: 16
RE: Acadian Expulsion (the Great Upheaval) - 10/5/2021 9:55:04 AM   
gamer78

I've used Yandex search engine and find term Malakan in Saudi Arabia but it was not related. Google solved it.

Common terms with Armenians can be said Mount Ararat in which Armenians describe as holy land for Greater Armenia. Molokans also look to form ideal society there. Gald you talked to them as they are one of the oldest nations in the world. Cheers.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ThomasJay

quote:

quote:

OK , you sent me down a rabbit hole reading about Molokans.
I'm not quite clear whether they were exiled for drinking milk on holy days or was it because of inter-marrying with Tatars?

They were exiled and convinced at the same time and sent to Russian occupied regions for influence and culture. Kars region in OE,Caucasus and Ukraine. Also to get rid of them by this way. It is the similar Russian formula used to form Russian settlements in Central Asia. So they are culturally Russian peasants good farmers and very conservative community. Drinking milk everyday is main reason and inter-marrying with Tatars is not. Tatars were also Orthodox. Church didn't like them for their autonomy in their belief system and they refuse to fight in any war so they become immigrants. Pugachev's Rebellion recruited Cossacks, Tatars and Bashkirs in the same army so I don't think there was racial problem at that time of history as long as they are in same religion.

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 17
RE: Acadian Expulsion (the Great Upheaval) - 10/5/2021 5:37:34 PM   
operating

quote:

quote:

Was there a personal reason why you chose Malakanlar in your search? Is there a difference between Malakanlar and Molokan? or, Are they the same? Reread the Molokan site to it's fullest trying to find a connection to Malakanlar and, or To Armenians as you phrased your first post.

(in reply to gamer78)
Post #: 18
RE: Acadian Expulsion (the Great Upheaval) - 10/5/2021 5:58:07 PM   
operating

Did find this comparison through google, which was translated from Turkish to English. Could have posted the link, however it was only in the Turkish language. After previewing this post realized the comparison went from side-by-side to top-to-bottom (sorry about that). OK, here is the googled site http://www.molokane.org/places/Turkey/Kars/Karagoz/Who_are_Molokans.html when you open it up, it should ask you if you would like a translation making it easier to read side-to-side and compare, or continue to Read below:

Who are malakans?
Who are the Molokans?
MALAKANS
THE MOLOKANS
Today, there is no one left in Kars and the surrounding area except those who have married daughters in Turkey or who have accepted the conditions in Turkey . These days I have lived in and around Kars, girls married only in Turkey by accepting the conditions of the remaining or in Turkey that no one else from the family did not stay.
Although this community is Russian, it is easily understood by its sectarian characteristics, especially sunni - Muslim communities. This community should be Russian, but the sectarian, especially Sunni Muslims - the Muslim community has understood easily.
The mass departure of Malakans from Turkey took place in two separate periods. One of them was those who had to leave in 1920, and the other was separated in 1962 and returned to the Soviet Union in the homeland.
In bulk to leave Turkey with two separate Malakans took place during the period of puritanicality. In 1920 one of them to leave the rest in 1962, the other also returned to the Soviet Union.

It is useful to give some encyclopedic information about this interesting community before moving on to the life of Malakans and Dukhobors, predominantly Malakans in Turkey. Malakans and Dukhobors, mainly late in life before the Malakans in Turkey, that is interesting for the community to provide some benefit to encyclopaedic knowledge.
Descriptions of Malakans Description of Molokans
Malakanism is one of the christian cults in Russia. They have a hymn and prayer book called "Zionskii Pessenik". This book is reproduced by hand. it is also small because it is not used much. Christian sect in Russia is one of Malakanism. These are "Zionskii Pessenik," the name of a hymn and prayer books are provided. This book has been reproduced by hand. In a small number were using too much.
Today, it is possible to find followers of this cult both in America and Asia, in Europe. These days the U.S. and the requirements of this order in Asia, it is possible to come across followers in Europe.
Although the history of cults in Russia dates back to the 1500s, it became widespread in the 17th and 18th centuries, especially during the periods when the Orthodox church was strengthened. Overwhelmed by the repression of both the Russian autocracy and the Orthodox church, the cults spread across a wide area, from Siberia, the Altai, the Trans Caucasus, central Asia, Beserbya and Crimea. These denominations were not only affected by the cultures and local conditions of the people in the areas where they settled, but also affected the cultural and economic structure of that region with their own cultures and behavioral characteristics, and generally this effect was positive. This was undoubtedly because these cult communities came from a more developed society than the regions they went to.
1500 years of history of religion In Russia the 17th and 18th in the face, especially the strengthening of the Orthodox Church has gained prevalence in the period. The pressure of the Orthodox church of Russian autocracy needed a cult of suffocation Siberia, Altai and Trans Caucasus, Central Asia, up to a very wide area of Crimea Beserbya and scattered. The only place in this order is affected by local conditions and culture of the people, their culture and behavior characteristics of the region should also affect the cultural and economic structure has been generally positive, this is to affect. That's because members of this sect go to the local community to come from a society that was definitely enhanced.
one of these cults with positive effects and importantly they have been malakans who have led the people in kars and around them in many things that have been neighborly with us and who have taught many innovations in agriculture and even industry to the local people. The positive effects of the religious and neighborhood have a lot of important things with us and against the developments in agriculture have led the public circle and even a very new industry in the area of teaching people who have malakans. Predominantly by ethnic Russians Malakans generated from the other sect that are from other nationalities.
Although Malakans are predominantly Russians by ethnicity, they are from this denomination and consist of other nationalities. Although Malakans are predominantly Russians by ethnicity, they are from this denomination and consist of other nationalities.
Malakans are connected to the Greco-Russian church. Are connected to the Greco-Russian church Malakans.
But they have never accepted that "God" should be represented by wood, stone or other objects in their inner beliefs and worshipped. Besides, they believed in the idea and image of one authority. But their inner beliefs as "God" of the wood, stone or other object will be represented by not accepting him never to pray. Besides, the only authority that they have faith in is the idea and image.
They are a strong and powerful faith of god that lives in the soul of man. They believe that handmade things like icons and crosses are "not Gods, but an exaggeration of mankind". therefore, they find the appearance of materials of worship such as crosses and icons meaningless.
Those people who live in the spirit of absolute strength and power-I will consist of a god belief. Hand-made things such as icons and crosses "is not God but man's exaggeration of their beliefs. therefore, crosses, icons such as the emergence of the existence of material worship are being made in a no-go.
The Malakan ninety was influenced by western Protestantism, but rejected this church because of its clergy. But the west has been affected by reformation malakan doctrind clergy because the church has declined.
This doctrine quickly gained prevalence among peasants in the 17th century, and moreover among the lower parts of the middle class and traders in Tambov, voronczh, saratov, penza and other central provinces of Russia. This doctrine is between the villagers and more middle class and merchant segments between the bottom of Tambov, voronczh, Saratov, Russia penza and other central state's prevalence in the quick wins.
These "believers" were previously called "Iconoclasts". Later, after the formation of separate communities of this understanding, they were called molakans. This "who believes that before" iconoclast "was known as. Later on this approach after the formation of separate communities were named as molakans.
The reason for this name was that they did not accept the fasts of this community or the "cult" orthodonox church. Despite the teaching of orthoodks, they ate animal foods and drank milk during fasting times. Because of this act of drinking milk, this community was called "Molokon", which means milk drinkers. This is why this community is given the name or "denomination" ortodox church did not accept the fast. Despite the fast time in the teachings Ortoodks loving animal foods, drank milk. Here in this community because of the actions that drinking milk from dairy drink which means "Moloko" name was given.
The Russian autocracy and the orthodonox church did not like these different people. All kinds of oppression and persecution have been tried on this community. After The Russian Emperor Aleksander I wore the imperial crown, "official" practices for the rubble changed.
Russian autocracy and the church dominated orthodonox not like these different people. This community has been tested on all kinds of pressure and persecution. Of the Russian Emperor I. After wearing the crown rubble empire Aleksander's "official" applications have changed.
On July 22, 1805, a manifesto published by the emperor showed patronage to the Dukhobors of other cults, as well as the Molokans. They were allowed to live their religious beliefs freely. On July 22, 1805, a manifesto was published by the emperor of the other sect as well as the religious beliefs of the Dukhobors were shown freely to the Molokans the Hamiyet. They've been allowed to live.
However, the situation worsened during I.Nikola's time. These cults were re-addressed, unfair practices, exiles and arrests began. Molokans were forbidden to act in accordance with their own traditions, to gather for worship, even to be employed by those from the orthodonox sect, to obtain passports, to leave their places of residence. What is it that heavy that time became Nikola I.. This sect is on the go again, unfair practices, began to arrest and exile. To act in accordance with their traditions, to come together for worship, even by those who work in order to be orthodonse, to get a passport, from where they registered to the population was forbidden to leave.
In 1830, malakans were forbidden to go to the southern provinces and live there by special order. In 1830 or go to the states and south Malakans live there also had been prohibited by a specific command.
Malakans were allowed to settle only in Russia, transcaucasia. Since then, the Malakans and Ukrainian Dukhobors have begun their legal departure from the Russian orthodox "land". Malakans' Russia was not allowed to place only transcaucasia. Since then the Russian Malakans and Dukhoborlar Ukrainian orthodox "black sheep" from the start was legal to leave.
The settlements of Molakan and Dukhobors on the territory of Tbilisi, Yerevan, Ganja, Shamahi provinces bordering Turkey and Iran were realized by the decision of the regent in the Caucasus.
Turkey and Iran with the hudud Tbilisi, Yerevan, Ganja, Samah states and the territory molakan decision of regent Dukhobors took place in the Caucasus.
The creation of civilian settlements of Russian cultists in Transcaucasia appeared in the early 1840s. (Ivan SEMYENOV) Creation of residential units of civilian sectarian Russian Transcaucasia appeared in early 1840 p. (Ivan SEMYENOV)
In addition to the establishment of 8 new settlements in the Ahıska region in Georgia, placements were established in kars and Erzurum regions in northwestern Armenia on transportation routes, especially in order to facilitate the transportation of Russian armies to the trans-Caucasus region. Especially in the transportation of the Russian army in the Trans Caucasus region can provide convenience in terms of road transport in the area of 8 new residential units on the Georgia Ahyska addition to the establishment of Armenia in the northwest region of Kars and Erzurum placements were created.
2. Aleksandr's papers were a way of helping those who settled there to advance their beliefs and economics and to take initiatives. Due to this favorable environment, farms were created in these regions in a short period of time and the life levels of the communities improved significantly. 2. Insert here the papers published Aleksandr's faith and to economically develop and to attempt to help was a flour. Because of this favorable environment, farms in this region were created in a short time the lives of community levels are visible to some extent has been improved.
This honeymoon lasted until the compulsory military service, which was launched at the end of the 19th century. The Malakans defined military service as the cruelty of men and refused to serve. It meant that the Malakan people suffered and suffered again. The escape had begun again. At that time, american territory was a land that could live freely for them. This led to the migration of Malakans to the Caucasus-followed America, Canada and even Australia. Some families also migrated to the Salskii steppes of Kars and East Rostov province in the early 100 years. The reason for this was a lack of land. Because Molakan families started to reach populations of 12-15 people (I.SEMYONOV)
This honeymoon was launched in the 19th century until the agenda was the compulsory military service. People defined as military Malakans cruel and they refused to do military service. Taking the pain and hardship of these people meant Malakan. Had started to escape again. At that time the American soil for their land was able to live freely. This is then the Malakans' Caucasian-American, led to migration to Canada and even Australia. One part per hundred years in the family and the Province of Kars in East Rostov, also in this period increased migration to Salskii step. This was the cause of land scarcity. Because the population to reach people Molakan families started 12-15 (I. SEMYONOV)
----------------- -----------------
There is not much difference between malakans and tarikas of Dukhobors. This sect of Ukrainian don sweaters, who describe themselves as soul wrestlers, also came under the wrath of the church and the tsar. Their worldviews are like Malakans, a cult that opposes violence, defends a communal life in favor of humane living that does not accept worshipping, worshipping and the clergy. In 1895, the tsar's military services were subjected to great pressure by his military units.
There is no much difference between malacans and dukhobors. Wrestlers as they treasure the spirit of the Ukrainian Cossack freeze the church and this denomination has been the czar's grudge. They see the world is the lifestyle is like Malakans, opposed to violence, icons to worship, to worship and clergy do not accept without having humane side, a communal religious life is a defense. The military services, the czar in 1895 by military troops are in large print.
The leader of the Dukhobors, Peter V. Verigin, who was exiled in Siberia, and their sympathizer and supporter, the writer Leo Tolstoy, fought hard for freedom and the spread of human rights. They can be called the subgroup of the Malakan order and are more closed.
The leaders sent to exile in Siberian Dukhobors leader Peter V. And their sympathizers and supporters of Verigin author Leo Tolstoy of freedom and human rights struggles have provided important for widespread use. These sub-groups are known as the cult Malakan and more are covered.
Another feature of Malakan ktopia is that they do not eat pork like Jews and Muslims. Malakans don't count pork and shellfish from eating. They say, "Pork is not meat." Another new feature of the Jewish Malakan ktopia and muslims as they do not eat pork. Eating pork and shellfish malakans count hayvarns note. Pig meat is not to say.
There has not been much research on this community, which we are trying to briefly describe above. A very limited number of research and observations on this subject in Turkey have been written by some by participating in their own personal judgments. Much about this community we try to describe briefly above, an investigation is not made. Rather limited in this area of research in Turkey and observation of their judgments by participating in some of the personal beings taken by the stylus.
Of these, he says, "The Malakans chose not to go to Russia but to live their lives in Kars, exercising their right of choice with the revolution of 1917. Therefore, the congregation opposed communism, and chose to remain a religious group, bound by tradition" and I think it does not say much when it says that it goes with the right of choice of those who leave. here are our explanations below as to why it's not true. The Turkish born He said: "The Malakans, using the 1917 revolution, about the preferences, go to Russia not prefer to continue if they were in against. Therefore, the communities were opposed to communism, linked to tradition, a religious group has chosen to remain as "using their profile to say that I think about not telling the truth does not. Why is it not the correct explanation will be further down the relationship.
"According to the beliefs of the Russian people at the time, there was a tradition of drinking milk for two days a week. However, the community has come to such a fasting belief that milk can be drunk at every day of the week. That's where this historic breakup began. It means molok in Russian. Molokan (milk drinkers) carries the analam of those who break the fast. Young agrees. "It is the Russian class of orthodox that insists on using milk for a period of great fasting after the great adjustment of moloxes or (milk drinkers)."
The continuation of the author in writing "in that time, according to the Russian people of faith, tradition week two days of drinking milk in the faith karas diet by a. However, the community said that every milk day of the week can be over-argued. That started from this point to the date of separation. Russian molo (milk) meaning. Molokai is (milk drink) in veeya distorts the diet. Young the same opinion. "Molocans or (milk drink) in setting great after fasting (lent) which insists on using milk time by russian orthodontic class."
The author stated that malakans' beliefs "do not represent a purely Christian religion, they do not accept cross idols and icons, they do not eat pigs when they should be eating pigs in accordance with their Christian beliefs, in this regard they consider pork to be a haranguing simply because the Torah forbids it. The ten commandments of the torah of error "constitute the fundamental principle of molacraism." Malakans' belief of the author "a pure Christian religion is not represented, they put the cross and the icon does not indicate acceptance, the continued use" according to Christian faith needs to eat the pigs do not eat, in this issue just because of pigs, the Torah prohibits the harakm are counted. Error of the Torah "on order" basis molaceism create policy. "Especially.
This ten-commandment thing is really important. Especially in all the first Christians, by the way, it has a very important place in the Assyrian sect. In the church of the Virgin Mary, the ten commandments of the Prophet Muhammad are lined up side by side, written on the signs. How can you not consider this sect a Christian just because it is? If you look at it that way, can you say that jews are actually Jews in Muslim Muslims because they do not eat pork, because they are circumcised / of course not. The Ten Commandments of the really important issues. Especially in the first Christian in all of this is a very important Syriac sect. The Virgin Mary in the church Diyarbaknr Excellency kiliise to sign a written order on the side of the musan was stacked side by side. How is this Christian denomination that I will not say so? So look, do not eat pork, circumcision is in fact the Jews will say that Muslims are the Jews in Muslim / course no.
In his review, he mentions that malakans are the ones who marry their daughters, ignoring the ban on marrying nine navels. Of course, this is an interesting claim, and although it is not included here, we hope that his sociological work will include this determination, when, where and who he is. The second largest migration of malakans, 1962, was based on the fact that malakans were related to turks especially by giving their daughters to the terekemes, but the Terekemes did not give girls to malakans because such men did not marry. More on this topic in the review below the navel malakans' grandmother ignores the marriage ban that is the question to marry each daughter outgoing. Course, this is an interesting claim and sociological studies in the hope that this determination, when, where and who is where. In 1962, the second largest migration of Malakans on the basis of kinship with girls malakans, especially for girls, but not the Terekemes to malakans why they were married.
The author, who writes that he has difficulty accepting Malakans as Christians or Jews because they do not eat pork, says they are orthodontics elsewhere - where he highlights his personal judgments. Christians or Jews do not eat pork Malakans accepting trouble that a writer said elsewhere in orthodox - here is emphasizing the personal judgments.
Now to the first departure of malakans from Turkey.
Now let's get the first departure from Turkey to Malakans.
Just before the October revolution of 1917, malakans were almost mostly sympathetic to the Bolshevik movement. Or at least that's how the military officials at the time saw it. In this sense, it is also possible that the Bolshevik movement will find important supporters among malakans in the political uncertainty that emerged in Kars –Ardahan -Batumi region after the October revolution. However, their first departure from Turkey was not very voluntary. In October 1917, just before the revolution, almost usually malakans bolshevik sympathizer to flow. Or at least that period of the military authorities that it was seen. After the October revolution in the region of Kars-Ardahan-Batumi Malakans in uncertainty within the Bolshevik movement politically important in this respect is likely to find fans. However, the first departure from Turkey has been a very demanded.
We find the political developments of that period in the work of Kazim Karabekir called Istiklal harbimiz. Political developments in that period Malakans Kazim're finding in the works called Karabekir our Independence war.
"In the 21st, the Russian ambassador Medivani came to visit for his farewell. Tomorrow he will take the train to Erzurum, from there by car to Ankara. Medivani did not stand idle during his 24 days in Kars. He made secret Bolshevik organizations in the nearby Malakan villages, led Mustafa Suphi's delegation, and set him on his way. It was a shameful and very rude thing for a symphony to live in Kars for so long and walk around the surrounding villages. The execution of malakans, a hardworking people in their own right, caused their disaster. It was useful to take this genuine fortified class, which went to the forefront of zeriyat and livestock, and better to be taken, including within Anatolia, but in the words of Medivaninin, red flags and nuptials started in the villages when Medivani was still present. I had told him that he would not hesitate to take measures to make those of us who wanted to overthrow us an enemy while we were fighting with all imperialist forces to save the future of the Turkish nation. I reported the situation to the Ankara Government as necessary and now it is important to remove the Malakans who have Bolshevik influence and element in our country after a while and replace them with Turkish migrants "(53) and emphasized that action has been taken to take the Malakan community, which it considers dangerous for the new order, across borders. Subsequent developments have shown that the solution to this problem is to burden the malakans with the problem of military service, which is the lifeblood. "At 21, the sefir of the Russian came to visit Medivani farewell. Erzurum by train tomorrow 'will be a movement there, to Ankara with the car. Medivani Kars is not idle in the 24 days until the visit. The Bolshevik organization was hidden in the villages around Malakan, Mustafa Suphi's delegation had the authority, was off. One of the Kars sefir at and around the village so while sitting around a movement that was very shameful and very rude. If you are a people who are labored in their Malakans to ifsad caused the disaster. This genuine fortified class, the most advanced elegance and stock went in the place of these communities remained, and even better to receive the benefits to be had, but in the words of the villages Medivani red flags, demonstrate Medivani when there are more started. I cite the remarkable sight Medivaninin to save the independence of the Turkish nation wrestle with all the imperialist forces who want to overthrow us, while our domestic enemies will not hesitate to take measures. Aspect of the Ankara government to the need as I have reported, and now our country bolshevik influence and elements that Malakans have been subjected to the border being removed from and the Turkish deportees have taken away "(53) also, the new layout for the dangerous finds Malakan community boundaries beyond the interests for the act has been stressed. Subsequent developments have shown that the solution of this problem is that the life of the blood Malakans are installed on military issues that have been found.
He decided in parliament that all Malakans within the borders would be conscripted if they did not leave Turkey until January 20, 1921; The Malakans then returned to their homeland, Soviet Russia, in masses. To malakans; In the memoirs of Kazım Karabekir regarding their influence in the Bolsheviks and their removal from Turkey; The remaining 20 all Malakans were then abandoned quarry in Turkey 1921, but the army would have to ignore the decision to ignore the council in the audience on their homeland, Soviet Russia Malakans have returned to earth. Malakans and they remain under the influence of the Bolsheviks and Turkey's Kazim Karabekir memories away in regards;
"Malakans didn't go to the military even in the Russians" time, their men always had beards. They're mostly big-bodied, lively, sanitary-like people. Their clothes and bodies are clean. Their animals are women, their cars take a lot of stuff, four wheels, big and sturdy. Agriculture, planting, mowing tools are always the last system, only kuvvei ceriye horsepower. Shedding blood was the greatest sin, even in war. I only used them for transportation. They even objected to that. These villagers, who stretched all over the snow, started the Bolshevik organization with encouragement and began to disrupt their intimate lives today." (Our war of independence sf.953),
"Malakans Russians go to the military genius time, always bearded men. It's largely bodied, live bloody, samples of health people. Clothes and body clean. Kadana animals, the car is very goods, four wheelers, big and strong. Agriculture, planting, cutting instruments always end system is the only horse kuvvei content. To the greatest sinshed bloodshed, even if Harpte. I was using them in transportation alone. It wasn't even appeal. Profit on every side, extending along the unclassified road that villagers started today with the encouragement of the Bolshevik organization also spoiling their intimate lives. " (Our National war sf.953),
"The Russians (in) made us....... To protect this operation by showing it as a Bolshevik draft by having some small operations against the Malakans in Kars and the airport.... they will try to make suretice....."(a.g.e sf.972)
"The Russians (s) and the district of Kars in us ....... Some pint-sized actions by Malakan By this action by the Bolsheviks in the form of draft guard will try to .... ....."( age sf.972 by removing)
"During the Kars conference, Ganyeski was very harsh and rude. In fact, when I said that one day at 10:00 a.m., on a simple matter (we would send Malakan villagers in exchange for the arrival of those who wanted from Turkish villages), he tried to fight like, "This is insulting, it is an interference with our internal medicine, this offer should be withdrawn." (a.g.e1013)
"Kars during the conference was Ganyeski very rude and impolite. Even in a simple matter of days at 10 incentives (Turkish villages make you want to bring the villagers to send Malakan) when I say: This is insulting, to intervene in internal matters of this proposal should be reversed, as the war's gone. "(Age1013)
And the last point:
And the last point:
"We have received orders from Ankara that the Malakans will finally be conscripted even though they have not left our country until the end of 20 years. Kars came to visit the Russian Soviet consul Norman. He said that if the Malakans were drafted, the Turkish subjects in Russia would also be drafted. In response, our government has guaranteed up to 20 years, and if they don't leave, they'll be drafted, so I said there's nothing I think can be done anymore. "(a.g.e. sf.1055)* "Most of the Malakans are out of our country not until last year 20 years in which the universe will be whit about the military order came from Ankara. Norman came to visit the Russian Soviet consul in Kars. In the case taken to the army's Malakan in Russia will be taken to the army of the Turkish subjects said. Our government, while up to 20 years of response has been temdid, do not go after that will be taken to the army, now I have told you not to do anything. " (A.g.e. sf.1055) *
As it can be seen, the large group of malakans in and around kars were sent away voluntarily. Can be seen in and around their requests go with large groups malakan not been sent.
** M.F.Kirzıoglu also says when talking about non-oguz words. ** Non-word word Oguzcan MFKırzıoglu also said while
We see these most often in the villages of Kars province (Deli, Arpaçay, Digor, Tuzca and Igdir, where accidents in the eastern part of the provinces of Segregation, Khılali, Terekeme and Karapapak live." Azerbaijan" dialect is reserved for the villagers here and the following words that the Kars-Kagizman –Ardahan locals do not use ...." refers to the Mongolian words that live in the language of this people (history of Kars) pf. 464 footnote 22
That's most kars (Dermatologist, Arpaçay, Digor, and Igdir Tuzca such as accidents in the eastern section of the Separation, Khılali, and my Tereke Karapapak where I live in the villages of the villages are very alight. "Azerbaijan" with the polish that you paid for the peasants and the Kars-Ardahan-Kagizman indigenous to the use of these words in the language of the people who live ...." mongolian word that refers to (Kars date) pp. 464 footnote 22

< Message edited by operating -- 10/5/2021 6:22:10 PM >

(in reply to gamer78)
Post #: 19
RE: Acadian Expulsion (the Great Upheaval) - 10/5/2021 6:41:40 PM   
altipueri

Evangeline, by Longfellow:

THIS is the forest primeval. The murmuring pines and the hemlocks,
Bearded with moss, and in garments green, indistinct in the twilight,
Stand like Druids of eld, with voices sad and prophetic,
Stand like harpers hoar, with beards that rest on their bosoms.
Loud from its rocky caverns, the deep-voiced neighboring ocean
Speaks, and in accents disconsolate answers the wail of the forest.

This is the forest primeval; but where are the hearts that beneath it
Leaped like the roe, when he hears in the woodland the voice of the huntsman?
Where is the thatch-roofed village, the home of Acadian farmers,—
Men whose lives glided on like rivers that water the woodlands,
Darkened by shadows of earth, but reflecting an image of heaven?
Waste are those pleasant farms, and the farmers forever departed!
Scattered like dust and leaves, when the mighty blasts of October
Seize them, and whirl them aloft, and sprinkle them far o'er the ocean.
Naught but tradition remains of the beautiful village of Grand-Pré.

Ye who believe in affection that hopes, and endures, and is patient,
Ye who believe in the beauty and strength of woman's devotion,
List to the mournful tradition still sung by the pines of the forest;
List to a Tale of Love in Acadie, home of the happy.

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 20
RE: Acadian Expulsion (the Great Upheaval) - 10/6/2021 9:48:04 AM   
gamer78

quote:

quote:

quote:

Was there a personal reason why you chose Malakanlar in your search? Is there a difference between Malakanlar and Molokan? or, Are they the same? Reread the Molokan site to it's fullest trying to find a connection to Malakanlar and, or To Armenians as you phrased your first post.

No not from Kars or Molokan 1878 to 1961 Kars people call them Malakan(lar). Same meaning like Molokan(s) in English plural form. Like Cossack(s) Kazak(lar). I've looked at Acadian(s) in your topic as Acadya(lılar) in Turkish.

I've read the text in both English and Turkish it isn't different from documentaries by Sinan Kıyanç. But lacking some detail. 1919 date was missing. Kars occupied from 1878 to 1919 by Russian Empire and Molokans, Armenians, German and even Estonian communities settled in. After Russian withdaw some Molokan families also depart. Those stayed didn't work with Armenian revenge militia in 1919. Kars was border region in total chaos. And new immigrants coming from Caucasus.

They don't have any connection with Armenians even with Slav Cossacks in Bandırma. Only 1 Cossack, Molokan marrage happened I've read even though each community were shrinking.

< Message edited by gamer78 -- 10/6/2021 10:06:50 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 21
RE: Acadian Expulsion (the Great Upheaval) - 10/19/2021 4:30:52 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don60420
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHQbFf0HAA

Thanks for the link, have gone back to it a number of times for a moment of respite. In doing so looked a little further for info about the "Oak Tree". Notice the bronze placard(s) in the below link..

https://www.monumentaltrees.com/en/usa/louisiana/stmartinparish/6731_thebankofthebayouteche/

(in reply to Don60420)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Acadian Expulsion (the Great Upheaval) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI