Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Server questions, tcp/ip play

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Server questions, tcp/ip play Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Server questions, tcp/ip play - 9/9/2003 11:26:53 PM   
JParton

I was wondering if it was possible, for those interested in tcp/ip play to offer a patch for download, rather than delay shipping.

Is Matrix going to have a server database once the game goes gold so people who purchase it can find servers to play on? Or, will it be up to the individual game owner to seek out other players for PBEM games?

Finally, I'm not sure of how Matrix will handle the PBEM format, but if it is turn-based, will the host server be required to stay on (as the "pbem" orders will go straight to the server) or will the orders be sent (hopefully encoded somehow to prevent altering them) via regular e-mail to the host who then plugs the orders into the game?

Thanks
Post #: 1
- 9/10/2003 9:12:40 AM   
Bart Koehler

[QUOTE=JParton]Finally, I'm not sure of how Matrix will handle the PBEM format, but if it is turn-based, will the host server be required to stay on (as the "pbem" orders will go straight to the server) or will the orders be sent (hopefully encoded somehow to prevent altering them) via regular e-mail to the host who then plugs the orders into the game?[/QUOTE]

TCP/IP question answered in a different thread. As to your PbeM question, PBEM will be player plays and sends his turn to all other players. The files will have check digits to ensure changes are not made. Any changes would be difficult since this is a binary file in a proprietary format anyway.

Bart

(in reply to JParton)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Server questions, tcp/ip play Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI