Server questions, tcp/ip play (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

JParton -> Server questions, tcp/ip play (9/9/2003 11:26:53 PM)

I was wondering if it was possible, for those interested in tcp/ip play to offer a patch for download, rather than delay shipping.

Is Matrix going to have a server database once the game goes gold so people who purchase it can find servers to play on? Or, will it be up to the individual game owner to seek out other players for PBEM games?

Finally, I'm not sure of how Matrix will handle the PBEM format, but if it is turn-based, will the host server be required to stay on (as the "pbem" orders will go straight to the server) or will the orders be sent (hopefully encoded somehow to prevent altering them) via regular e-mail to the host who then plugs the orders into the game?

Thanks

Bart Koehler -> (9/10/2003 9:12:40 AM)

[QUOTE=JParton]Finally, I'm not sure of how Matrix will handle the PBEM format, but if it is turn-based, will the host server be required to stay on (as the "pbem" orders will go straight to the server) or will the orders be sent (hopefully encoded somehow to prevent altering them) via regular e-mail to the host who then plugs the orders into the game?[/QUOTE]

TCP/IP question answered in a different thread. As to your PbeM question, PBEM will be player plays and sends his turn to all other players. The files will have check digits to ensure changes are not made. Any changes would be difficult since this is a binary file in a proprietary format anyway.

Bart

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI