Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Can we talk a bit about diplomacy now?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Distant Worlds 2 >> RE: Can we talk a bit about diplomacy now? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Can we talk a bit about diplomacy now? - 10/14/2021 9:22:45 AM   
Sild

MP is something they definitely have planned for the near future. If not present at release.

(in reply to wetpig)
Post #: 31
RE: Can we talk a bit about diplomacy now? - 10/14/2021 8:34:01 PM   
martok

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sild

MP is something they definitely have planned for the near future. If not present at release.

That's not at all the impression I've gotten from what Erik and Elliot have said.

Yes, Elliot is making the game so that MP can be added later on, and Erik has stated they definitely hope/would like to do so. However, I'm reasonably certain we're not going to see MP added to the game anytime soon.

We might -- *might* -- see MP added in the first major expansion, but I honestly doubt it. And I can't imagine we'll see it added any sooner than that (although I won't be upset if I turn out to be wrong).

< Message edited by martok -- 10/15/2021 8:30:53 AM >

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

(in reply to Sild)
Post #: 32
RE: Can we talk a bit about diplomacy now? - 10/15/2021 3:49:55 AM   
wetpig

Agreed, as much as I'd love MP we really only have confirmation that the engine is capable of supporting MP and that it would be possible to implement it at a later date.

(in reply to martok)
Post #: 33
RE: Can we talk a bit about diplomacy now? - 10/15/2021 3:29:13 PM   
Sild

Well, in my opinion it would be odd to design a game with MP in mind (and that's not a simple thing) and not have it in at some point. If all goes well, i don't see why not. The ball is in the air about when that's going to happen, i agree.

< Message edited by Sild -- 10/15/2021 3:38:21 PM >

(in reply to wetpig)
Post #: 34
RE: Can we talk a bit about diplomacy now? - 10/15/2021 4:40:06 PM   
Bleek

quote:

Source?

(in reply to Sild)
Post #: 35
RE: Can we talk a bit about diplomacy now? - 10/15/2021 7:53:57 PM   
SirHoraceHarkness

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bleek

quote:

Source?

I don't remember which thread it was in but they definitely said that the foundation of MP was planned from the start as a future option but actually putting it in would not be a primary consideration at least early on. So unless DW2 has brisk sales and catches on in a big way don't expect MP any time soon as they have so much other basic stuff to put back in like pirate play and the other races etc.

(in reply to Bleek)
Post #: 36
RE: Can we talk a bit about diplomacy now? - 10/16/2021 6:06:55 AM   
Sild

SirHoraceHarkness has it right. There was no source in particular to what i said a few posts back, just my impressions of everything i've read. I think they will add MP in at most 2 years post release (near future). Won't be at release though, of that im more certain now. Hope that clears things up a bit cause this isn't exactly on topic, lol.

(in reply to SirHoraceHarkness)
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Distant Worlds 2 >> RE: Can we talk a bit about diplomacy now? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI