Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

DB Problem with Community Scenario Pack after update

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> DB Problem with Community Scenario Pack after update Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DB Problem with Community Scenario Pack after update - 10/22/2021 11:32:41 AM   
fatgreta1066

I just updated Command to version 1.04, and also just downloaded the community scenario pack from Warfare Sims. When I try to open a scenario from that pack, I get an error message about the DB version (screenshot included). Is there a new version of the DB with the 1.04 update or something along those lines? My DB folder contains DB3K_442.txt currently.

Thanks,

Chris

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by fatgreta1066 -- 10/22/2021 11:34:20 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: DB Problem with Community Scenario Pack after update - 10/22/2021 12:32:37 PM   
michaelm75au

I have 488 in my Steam folder - should be from May sometime

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by michaelm75au -- 10/22/2021 12:33:13 PM >

Michael

(in reply to fatgreta1066)
Post #: 2
RE: DB Problem with Community Scenario Pack after update - 10/22/2021 12:49:51 PM   
fatgreta1066

Is there a way to specifically update the DB?

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 3
RE: DB Problem with Community Scenario Pack after update - 10/22/2021 3:42:14 PM   
thewood1

You mean like the rebuilding section in the manual? Or do you mean something else? If you're missing dbs in the DB folder, you've got bigger problems.

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

Post #: 4
RE: DB Problem with Community Scenario Pack after update - 10/22/2021 4:04:47 PM   
fatgreta1066

I'm not familiar with rebuilding, and I do seem to be missing DB's, I have only the two that are pictured. I'm wondering how I can get what I need in there in order to play scenarios from the Community Scenario Pack.

Thanks,

Chris

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

You mean like the rebuilding section in the manual? Or do you mean something else? If you're missing dbs in the DB folder, you've got bigger problems.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 5
RE: DB Problem with Community Scenario Pack after update - 10/22/2021 4:23:09 PM   
thewood1

I think something went wrong with your install. I also suspect you might have multiple CMO folders. I would uninstall all vestiges of CMO and remove any folders associated with CMO. Then you should reinstall. Otherwise, you might be working around partial fixes that come back to haunt you.

there are sections in the manual for rebuilding. Read those. But I don't think that will solve your underlying problem.

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

Post #: 6
RE: DB Problem with Community Scenario Pack after update - 10/22/2021 6:58:47 PM   
fatgreta1066

That is sound advice. I don't have Steam installed on this computer because of HD space problems, but I should probably install it and then only install CMO from my library.

Thanks for the advice.

Chris

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

I think something went wrong with your install. I also suspect you might have multiple CMO folders. I would uninstall all vestiges of CMO and remove any folders associated with CMO. Then you should reinstall. Otherwise, you might be working around partial fixes that come back to haunt you.

there are sections in the manual for rebuilding. Read those. But I don't think that will solve your underlying problem.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 7
RE: DB Problem with Community Scenario Pack after update - 10/22/2021 8:24:13 PM   
Kushan04

quote:

ORIGINAL: fatgreta1066
Is there a way to specifically update the DB?

Shouldn't be a reason to do this with the CSP files. When I update the pack they'll always use the latest official database. Will have an update coming next week with all of them updated to 491.

Post #: 8
RE: DB Problem with Community Scenario Pack after update - 10/22/2021 8:43:49 PM   
thewood1

I think we figured out a partial of the issue being his db folder almost empty.

(in reply to Kushan04)
Post #: 9
RE: DB Problem with Community Scenario Pack after update - 11/4/2021 10:20:24 AM   
Dimitris

Is this still a problem ?

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> DB Problem with Community Scenario Pack after update Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI