Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Strategic Command: War in Europe - New Patch (1.22.00)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Strategic Command: War in Europe - New Patch (1.22.00) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strategic Command: War in Europe - New Patch (1.22.00) - 10/15/2021 10:43:15 AM   
Mantuvec

A new patch (v 1.22.00) for Strategic Command: War in Europe has been released, and can be downloaded from here.

GAME ENGINE CHANGES

- Fixed a PURCHASE UNIT screen error that did not sometimes highlight Minor nation unit types with an '*' that could be repurchased at a discount (Earlydoors).
- Fixed a rare Paratroops airborne movement error that would reroute along a less optimal path when it shouldn't do so (klschult).
- Fixed a very rare game freeze during AI naval combat calculations (redrum68).
- Fixed a hex control update error around enemy resources that would sometimes revert control to your opponent when your own friendly unit positions should have prevented that from happening (EarlyDoors).
- Fixed a FoW error regarding units within resources of non belligerent but fully mobilized nations when moving adjacent to them, they will now remain hidden (atshii).
- Fixed a FoW error during an air attack that did not reveal units along the flight path when a sub dove (mdsmall).
- Fixed a PBEM login issue that did not properly handle some special characters in passwords such as '#' or '!'.
- Fixed a PBEM save error for when a game has been 'resigned'.
- Last Turn Summary screen now has the option to list items in reverse chronological order (georgiabulldog1).

EDITOR CHANGES

- Fixed a UNIT script error that would lead to a crash if using TYPE=2, this is no longer a valid option for UNIT events as it should never have been applicable (RMelvin).
- STRENGTH scripts can now be amended to include an optional list of conditional #ALIGNMENT_POSITIONs.

1940 Sickle Cut
- Set UK industrial modifier to 140%, was 110% (mkollmann)
- Set France industrial modifier to 130%, was 140% (mkollmann)

All Campaigns
- Dummy Decision DE 173 added to allow historical Pop Up messages of events during the war to be easily turned OFF by going to Options -> Advanced -> Scripts -> Decision. It is the first one in the list, and unticking the box on the right will mean that 95% of the messages that are only there for historical flavor, won't appear. A small number are tied into other Decision Events to ensure they only appear at the correct time, so they will still appear (Garrison Moratto).
- Changed the terrain to numbers 147 and 498 in hexes 190,13 and 191,12 respectively, as well as changing 191,13 to be a fully land hex, to enable rail traffic to pass to and from Alta in Norway (Scottydawg).
- Deleted the forest in hex 198,89 to avoid confusion as it couldn't be easily seen (mdsmall).
- Changed the weather for Late Spring (1st May to 20th June) in Russia (weather zone 5) to have a zero chance of mud (Trooper_One).
- Nuuk in Greenland renamed as Godthåb in the Resource and Map text files (FOARP).
- Ounaajoki river in Finland renamed as Ounasjoki in the River text files (FOARP).
- Shock Armies now have a Production Delay of 4 months rather than 1 (Taxman66).
- Reduced the penalty from -0.5 to 0.0 for Defender's HQ (Attacker Losses < Defender Losses (ThisEndUp).
- Dummy Decision 170 added so that the UK's convoy to Archangelsk requires the destination and all hexes to Vologda being in Allied hands to fire (The Land).
- All Decision Events (DE 306; 353 and 454) relating to the US sending supplies to the USSR via Persia now require all road hexes between Bandar Abbas and Baku to be in Allied hands (Hobbygeneral).
- The date of Denmark surrendering via DE 601 has been changed from the 14th April to the 3rd April 1940, as have those scripts relating to Norway's surrender if triggered via DE 643 or 644 that would have also taken place on the 14th April (El_Condoro; havoc1371).
- Reduced the chance of the Anglo-French Expedition re DE 204 succeeding from 50% to 33% (scum; gilthib).
- Corrected Soviet Corps and Army Combat Target Statistics (PvtBenjamin).
- Text added to the Strategy Guides to explain that when the US convoy to the UK, or the UK's convoy to the USSR are re-routed, it may be necessary to amend the % being sent by convoy by going to War Maps -> Convoy Map, clicking on the relevant flag and using the arrow buttons (EarlyDoors).

1939 Campaign
- French translated text for sending the Anglo-French Expedition to Norway corrected.
- French 2nd Army moved from Verdun to hex 158,83 and given entrenchment level 1 to prevent an exploitative move by the German army at the start of the war (Taifun; Taxman66).
- Reduced USSR bonus UNIT events for the AI at the INTERMEDIATE difficulty level.

1939 and 1940 Campaigns
- Amended the French Strength script for Panic caused by the Maginot Line being outflanked so that it no longer requires Belgium to be Allied and surrendered. To replace that, a check for 2 Axis units being within 3 hexes of Reims has been added (havoc1371).
- Removed the check for Italy's mobilization status from the Decision Events relating to the deployment of the British 7th Armoured (Gilber).
- Allied amphibious preparations against Italy while the USA is neutral may now trigger the deployment of up to 4 Garrison units in mainland Italy and Sicily.
- Added symbols and text to the map showing the Italian mobilization zones, within which 2 Allied Amphibious units or 7 naval units (including regular Transports) could trigger Italian mobilization.
- Dummy Decisions 171 and 172 added to check for an Iraqi unit being in Baghdad in order to trigger an Iraqi surrender to the British (Will952; Scottydawg; Taxman66).
- Iraq now starts at 25% pro-Allied (was 20%) and its convoy to the UK in all campaigns now only requires it to be pro-Allied, so one Axis diplomacy success alone will no longer be enough to end Iraq's convoy to the UK (PvtBenjamin).
- More unit script changes made to ensure the Benghazi DAK can deploy (Taxman66;PvtBenjamin;Will952).

1939; 1940 and 1941 Campaigns
- Date for the Soviet National Morale script boost when reinforcements arrive from Siberia changed to match when the Siberians can arrive.

1939 to 1943 Campaigns
- Dummy US Decision DE 371 added to trigger an Italian surrender to the US if Italy's National Morale has fallen below 1%, there is an Allied unit within 15 land hexes of Rome, and there is no German unit in Rome. This is essentially a fall back script to account for rare occasions where Italy may not surrender due to other reasons, generally due to her National Morale plummeting due to multiple scripts firing in a single turn (BigJohn).

1942 Campaign
- The USSR now starts with level 2 in Infantry Weapons and level 1 in Anti-Aircraft Defense; the UK has an additional chit invested in Anti-Submarine Warfare, and the US has an additional chit invested in Production Technology (Taxman66).

1943 Campaign
- The USSR now has level 1 in Anti-Aircraft Defense; the UK now starts with level 3 in Anti-Submarine Warfare but no longer has a chit invested (Taxman66).

1944 Campaign
- The USSR now has level 2 in Anti-Aircraft Defense (Taxman66).

< Message edited by Hubert Cater -- 10/15/2021 6:34:22 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Strategic Command: War in Europe - New Patch (1.22.00) - 10/15/2021 11:31:24 AM   
Hartmann301

Getting an error when trying to download

(in reply to Mantuvec)
Post #: 2
RE: Strategic Command: War in Europe - New Patch (1.22.00) - 10/15/2021 4:30:32 PM   
Elessar2

[Sorry me old eyes have failed me twice today...]

< Message edited by Elessar2 -- 10/15/2021 5:04:28 PM >

(in reply to Hartmann301)
Post #: 3
RE: Strategic Command: War in Europe - New Patch (1.22.00) - 10/15/2021 6:35:10 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Hartmann301, I've pasted a download link above within the top post, let me know if this helps.

(in reply to Elessar2)
Post #: 4
RE: Strategic Command: War in Europe - New Patch (1.22.00) - 10/15/2021 7:36:28 PM   
Hartmann301

Finally got it done. Thank you

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 5
RE: Strategic Command: War in Europe - New Patch (1.22.00) - 10/16/2021 6:11:33 AM   
roy64

(Reduced USSR bonus UNIT events for the AI at the INTERMEDIATE difficulty level.)

How do i get that back? Where can I find the script?

Found it.
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5075864

I give up I can't find it, Now you've made the more complicated

< Message edited by roy64 -- 10/16/2021 6:44:44 AM >

(in reply to Hartmann301)
Post #: 6
RE: Strategic Command: War in Europe - New Patch (1.22.00) - 10/16/2021 5:06:31 PM   
ReinerAllen

I always have to go to the Slitherine site to download updates manually. I've never been successful with the "check updates" button.

(in reply to roy64)
Post #: 7
RE: Strategic Command: War in Europe - New Patch (1.22.00) - 10/23/2021 7:47:28 AM   
sad ham

Downloading from the Slitherine site to download updates manually does not work. The file is corrupted and fails.

(in reply to ReinerAllen)
Post #: 8
RE: Strategic Command: War in Europe - New Patch (1.22.00) - 10/23/2021 7:46:28 PM   
ReinerAllen

I'm sorry to hear that. It works for me.

(in reply to sad ham)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Strategic Command: War in Europe - New Patch (1.22.00) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI