Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Do AA assets function as anti-armor and anti-personel?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Do AA assets function as anti-armor and anti-personel? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Do AA assets function as anti-armor and anti-personel? - 10/31/2021 1:34:52 PM   
MarkShot

This is when they get attached as SUs.

?

Thanks.

(於 11/13/21 台北,台灣,中國退休)
Post #: 1
RE: Do AA assets function as anti-armor and anti-personel? - 10/31/2021 2:22:47 PM   
kahta

Yes

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 2
RE: Do AA assets function as anti-armor and anti-personel? - 10/31/2021 4:18:04 PM   
GibsonPete

I believe the answer is sort of... not in an offensive situation but in a defensive situation. One of the experts will explain it better than me.

“Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”

(in reply to kahta)
Post #: 3
RE: Do AA assets function as anti-armor and anti-personel? - 10/31/2021 4:25:40 PM   
jubjub

I think they still fire in offensive actions, but with a penalty to FPE.

(in reply to GibsonPete)
Post #: 4
RE: Do AA assets function as anti-armor and anti-personel? - 11/1/2021 3:00:33 AM   
GibsonPete

I believe jubjub may be correct.

“Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”

(in reply to jubjub)
Post #: 5
RE: Do AA assets function as anti-armor and anti-personel? - 11/1/2021 4:09:29 PM   
Joel Billings

I think they are much less likely to fire in attack than when defending. It may be that they only get to fire in attack if fired upon, but I don't remember the details.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to GibsonPete)
Post #: 6
RE: Do AA assets function as anti-armor and anti-personel? - 11/2/2021 6:43:11 AM   
EddyBear81

You bet.

It's far more effective in defensive situation, and it is VERY effective. I have attached an LW Mixed Flak to each Corps to help in defense, and it works wonders.

You can also attach Flak to combat to units, but there is an important caveat : LW Flak units CANNOT be attached to combat units (maybe to FJ ?).

=> So it's : LW Flak to corps / Army Flak to Units (Mixed Flak as a temporary AT support and Light/SP as permanent support to Mot/Arm units)

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 7
RE: Do AA assets function as anti-armor and anti-personel? - 11/2/2021 11:14:59 AM   
MarkShot

I used to beta for Panther Games. One of the other betas, Steve Long, who had served with the Australian Army as a gunner ...

I asked why our indirect guns could not be used in a direct role if the situation called for it. He said the training to handle indirect and direct fire was considerably different, and you couldn't just switch to point and shoot.

Of course, I know nothing about artillery.

But, of course, you always hear about the 88 which was intended for flak, but turned out to be a tremendous AP killer of armor due to its high muzzle velocity.

(於 11/13/21 台北,台灣,中國退休)

(in reply to EddyBear81)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Do AA assets function as anti-armor and anti-personel? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI