Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Strategic Command: World at War - New Patch (1.12.01)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Strategic Command: World at War - New Patch (1.12.01) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strategic Command: World at War - New Patch (1.12.01) - 10/28/2021 10:04:47 AM   
Mantuvec

A new patch (v 1.12.01) for Strategic Command: World at War has been released, and can be downloaded from HERE.

GAME ENGINE CHANGES

- Fixed a naval retreat error that did not always optimize retreats to nearby friendly ports (havoc1371, kirk23).
- Fixed a rare Carrier retreat from combat error that would sometimes lead to a CTD (arcturusrising).
- Fixed a Strategic Bomber attack error that in some cases did not allow you to scroll after the first strike (Mithrilotter).
- Fixed an AI Rocket attack error that would incorrectly cause defensive artillery fire to fire first at the attacking Rocket unit (Mithilotter).

All Campaigns
- DECISION 305 for US MPP transfer of funds via the Hump, corrected in the event scripts from 60 to 30 MPPs, e.g. the amounts transferred and deducted now correctly match the description text for the event (Elessar2).

1939 and 1942 Campaigns
- Fixed an error in the localization of the DECISION events that had some English language decisions incorrectly displaying in German (Hydra, Elessar2).
Post #: 1
RE: Strategic Command: World at War - New Patch (1.12.01) - 10/31/2021 10:29:11 AM   
HarrySmith

Hi guys,
As mentioned now a number of times and i was hoping you would of fixed the issue. Strategic Bombers in WAW should only be able to be researched 1 chit at a time like all other aircraft. By not doing so enables players to create Level 5 strategic bombers with only level 3 fighters against them. Totally unrealistic. PLEASE RECTIFY. I dont understand why others do not see this as an issue.
Regards Harry

(in reply to Mantuvec)
Post #: 2
RE: Strategic Command: World at War - New Patch (1.12.01) - 11/1/2021 2:13:20 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Harry, thanks, we are still reviewing/considering on this one.

(in reply to HarrySmith)
Post #: 3
RE: Strategic Command: World at War - New Patch (1.12.01) - 11/2/2021 6:01:28 PM   
Chernobyl

quote:

ORIGINAL: HarrySmith
Strategic Bombers in WAW should only be able to be researched 1 chit at a time

I agree with this. Large strategic bombers were a gigantic projects that took years to r+d. Setting this to 1 chit max creates an interesting dilemma. Keeping it at 2 chits just means you can focus on other techs early and catch up on stratbombers later.

I would also reduce ASW tech to 1 chit maximum. Historically the good ASW tech stuff took years, not months, to develop.

(in reply to HarrySmith)
Post #: 4
RE: Strategic Command: World at War - New Patch (1.12.01) - 11/4/2021 9:51:29 PM   
WilliSaenger

Hello I noticed that in the reports section there is no distinction between Uk units and Chinese/Indian units, they are all Uk units. The same goes for the German and Japanese units, they all are German units.
[image][/image]

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Mantuvec)
Post #: 5
RE: Strategic Command: World at War - New Patch (1.12.01) - 11/4/2021 9:57:35 PM   
WilliSaenger

I also noticed that at the beginning of the war in Abyssinia the map indicator shows "Axis (occupied)" even though the Italians have not joined the Axis and the war mobilization is at 69%. As I understand it should show "Axis (69%)" and give no info about the supply state when clicking the show supply button.

(in reply to Mantuvec)
Post #: 6
RE: Strategic Command: World at War - New Patch (1.12.01) - 11/5/2021 2:42:04 AM   
OldCrowBalthazor

quote:

ORIGINAL: WilliSaenger

I also noticed that at the beginning of the war in Abyssinia the map indicator shows "Axis (occupied)" even though the Italians have not joined the Axis and the war mobilization is at 69%. As I understand it should show "Axis (69%)" and give no info about the supply state when clicking the show supply button.

Supply will only show when the Major your controlling is at 100% Belligerency. Yeah..it would be nice if for example you could fathom out supply with the USSR when its still neutral..or your case too. Well..you can always surmise it as it stands right now by knowing the supply rules..but it would be much easier seeing it at a glance.

(in reply to WilliSaenger)
Post #: 7
RE: Strategic Command: World at War - New Patch (1.12.01) - 11/5/2021 1:06:45 PM   
BillRunacre

quote:

Hi

The status of "Axis (occupied)" is a way to have Abyssinia start the game as a conquered nation, which makes it rather different to most Minors that start the game as neutrals.

I hope that explains it?

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

Post #: 8
RE: Strategic Command: World at War - New Patch (1.12.01) - 11/5/2021 2:54:17 PM   
WilliSaenger

Hello,

ok, it makes sense. I have not tried it, but I believe that theoretically by beeing "Axis occupied" I may land with German units there even though Italy has not joined the axis yet.

Can you please say something about the Reports? Isn't it odd that if you want to check how many japanese units you have they show up as German? Or if you want to see how many Chinese units are left the show up as UK units?

Thank you!

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 9
RE: Strategic Command: World at War - New Patch (1.12.01) - 11/5/2021 6:07:48 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

Hello I noticed that in the reports section there is no distinction between Uk units and Chinese/Indian units, they are all Uk units. The same goes for the German and Japanese units, they all are German units.
[image][/image]

Looks like you might be running a mod and if so, you will have to check the 3D unit base counter graphics as the chart and pie graphics/colours are tied into that.

For example, it is very likely the case that Germany and Japan are using the same base counters, e.g. that little disc under the 3D units, both grey, and that is why it is showing like that in the game. Same for UK and China. If you change these in the mod, then it should resolve the issue.

Post #: 10
RE: Strategic Command: World at War - New Patch (1.12.01) - 11/5/2021 10:49:04 PM   
WilliSaenger

Yes, I'm running a mod. Will take a look into it, thank you!

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 11
RE: Strategic Command: World at War - New Patch (1.12.01) - 11/5/2021 11:06:17 PM   
taffjones

Hi Hubert/Bill
I think I might have spotted a bug in the latest patch.
The Allies have been raiding the Norway convoy's every turn, but Norway is still only 25% pro Axis in 42.
I would have thought they would have joined the Axis by now.
Also I haven't noticed the "Norway complains about attacks on its merchant ships" pop up that used to appear.
Regards
Mike

Post #: 12
RE: Strategic Command: World at War - New Patch (1.12.01) - 11/7/2021 7:04:00 PM   
BillRunacre

Hi Mike

I've checked and the message about Norway complaining will only appear the once, but in every turn when the conditions apply, the relevant script will move Norway 1-4% towards the Axis.

Can you check via the Options -> Advanced -> Scripts that both Mobilization_2 scripts entitled #NAME= AXIS AI: Allied Naval Presence Near Norwegian Convoy Lines (Norway->Axis) are switched on?

They'll be right near the end of the list, almost certainly on the last page.

The important one here is the second one, as that moves Norway, the first just provides the initial message that Norway Complains At Allied Attacks On Its Merchantmen.

Thanks

Bill

< Message edited by BillRunacre -- 11/7/2021 7:05:33 PM >

(in reply to taffjones)
Post #: 13
RE: Strategic Command: World at War - New Patch (1.12.01) - 11/7/2021 9:25:40 PM   
SittingDuck

Bill, speaking of, is there a way to script in the Fleet file about how to keep the Axis out of the zone prescribed by the US (off Nova Scotia - can't recall the name)? I see subs go there and hang out for several turns. Maybe that is by design?

About the original post event - isn't that a Brit event where the player is given the option to mine the Norwegian harbors (Operation Wilfred)?

< Message edited by SittingDuck -- 11/7/2021 9:28:15 PM >

Post #: 14
RE: Strategic Command: World at War - New Patch (1.12.01) - 11/8/2021 10:27:24 AM   
BillRunacre

quote:

ORIGINAL: SittingDuck

Bill, speaking of, is there a way to script in the Fleet file about how to keep the Axis out of the zone prescribed by the US (off Nova Scotia - can't recall the name)? I see subs go there and hang out for several turns. Maybe that is by design?

Do you mean that the Axis AI is triggering US mobilization this way?

If so I've made a note to consider if we can limit it.

(in reply to SittingDuck)
Post #: 15
RE: Strategic Command: World at War - New Patch (1.12.01) - 11/8/2021 12:28:30 PM   
taffjones

Hi Bill

I have checked the scripts as you suggested.

On Page 2 there are 2 "Norway sends supplies to Germany" and another 1 on page 3.

All of them appear to be switched on (Have a X in the box)

Hope this helps
Mike

Post #: 16
RE: Strategic Command: World at War - New Patch (1.12.01) - 11/8/2021 8:57:10 PM   
BillRunacre

Hi Mike

I've run a test and have got Norway up to 30% in two turns, so the only thing I can think is maybe some hexes aren't covered by the script.

Can you send me a saved turn to bill.runacre@furysoftware.com so I can take a look?

Thanks

(in reply to taffjones)
Post #: 17
RE: Strategic Command: World at War - New Patch (1.12.01) - 11/9/2021 1:22:56 AM   
HamburgerMeat

EDIT double post

< Message edited by HamburgerMeat -- 11/9/2021 12:19:20 PM >

(in reply to HarrySmith)
Post #: 18
RE: Strategic Command: World at War - New Patch (1.12.01) - 11/9/2021 1:23:19 AM   
HamburgerMeat

quote:

Strategic Bombers in WAW should only be able to be researched 1 chit at a time like all other aircraft.

If this is done, I would increase the hard cap of # of strategic bombers available to GB+USA by 1-2 to help compensate. IMO strategic bombers are the most powerful tool in the Allied arsenal, so nerfing them will have big repercussions on win rates.

< Message edited by HamburgerMeat -- 11/9/2021 1:25:25 AM >

Post #: 19
RE: Strategic Command: World at War - New Patch (1.12.01) - 11/9/2021 4:29:15 AM   
OldCrowBalthazor

quote:

ORIGINAL: HamburgerMeat

quote:

Strategic Bombers in WAW should only be able to be researched 1 chit at a time like all other aircraft.

If this is done, I would increase the hard cap of # of strategic bombers available to GB+USA by 1-2 to help compensate. IMO strategic bombers are the most powerful tool in the Allied arsenal, so nerfing them will have big repercussions on win rates.

That sounds like a fair compromise if the nerfing is done..but this is a major change if the Allies are restricted to 1 chit.

(in reply to HamburgerMeat)
Post #: 20
RE: Strategic Command: World at War - New Patch (1.12.01) - 11/9/2021 6:25:00 AM   
roy64

quote:

I agree this double chit exploit feels very gamey & I've never used it. Only one chit per tech should be allowed & then it's up to you which way you want to go on research.

(in reply to HarrySmith)
Post #: 21
RE: Strategic Command: World at War - New Patch (1.12.01) - 11/9/2021 6:36:57 PM   
taffjones

Hi Bill

I am having difficulty in identifying which saved game it is so will start another game in hot seat to check it out.

For future reference if you need a saved game is it the "SAV" or "DAT" file or both that you would need?

Cheers
Mike

(in reply to roy64)
Post #: 22
RE: Strategic Command: World at War - New Patch (1.12.01) - 11/10/2021 8:53:05 AM   
BillRunacre

It's the SAV file that I'll need.

Thanks

Bill

(in reply to taffjones)
Post #: 23
RE: Strategic Command: World at War - New Patch (1.12.01) - 11/11/2021 4:19:02 AM   
SittingDuck

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillRunacre
Do you mean that the Axis AI is triggering US mobilization this way?

If so I've made a note to consider if we can limit it.

They are causing turn-by-turn escalations of it, yes.

I am uncertain if it's because the sub unit is hemmed in by Allied fleets southeast of Nova Scotia, but suspect that is it. Which makes sense, because I wouldn't want to run out into a flurry of shells from the heavens (a al Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid) if I was in the U-boat. I don't think the commander would be too concerned with US opinion at that stage.

So interesting, but it could be a nice way to spike US mob values in multiplayer.

Maybe...

You heard it first here, all you gamey players ;)

NOTE: one way to drop the bottom end of it, a bit, would be to make the lowest value a zero, like (0,3). That way it doesn't necessarily always hurt. At some point, that U-boat goes down or makes a dash for it.

< Message edited by SittingDuck -- 11/11/2021 4:23:37 AM >

Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Strategic Command: World at War - New Patch (1.12.01) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI