Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

US aid to China

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> US aid to China Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
US aid to China - 11/4/2021 9:21:42 PM   
Nital

Hi there,

Just a quick question as I'm unsure where to find (if it is at all possible) a history of the past decisions in a game.

Quickly explained: I'm playing a game (PBEM) and while Indochina is still neutral, it is now pro-Axis (16%). As a consequence, the Hanoi-Kunming railway aid was stopped.
But while the conditions for DE305 are met (Kunming, Rangoon, Mandalay and Lashio are in Allied hands, Haiphong port is in Axis
hands, and neither China nor Japan have surrendered), I don't think I have been presented with the decision.
I'm therefore wondering whether I might have opted No to DE305 by mistake, and would like to access to decisions history if available.
If it's not possible, and assuming I have not made that mistake (:o)), has anyone already faced that situation ? I am missing something (apart from 60MPP per turn :o()

Thanks !
Post #: 1
RE: US aid to China - 11/5/2021 9:11:51 AM   
ForzaA

While the situation as you describe is certainly possible, I'm venturing a guess that you misunderstood the "in allied hands" part of Kunming etc.
Because for the situation to be as you describe; EITHER Japan skipped on invading Indochina (which they get an event for) and went to war with the allies anyway OR you invested in diplomacy with Burma.
Which, to be fair, is possible, but those are the sort of departure from the norm that I would've expected you to mention them.

If that's not the case - Burma(Rangoon, Mandalay, Lashio), while leaning Allies, is not "in allied hands".

Unfortunately, afaik, there's no explicit log for DEs having happened (unless they cause notification events- e.g. the Indian declaration of war DE triggers notification event "British Viceroy Of India declares war")

(in reply to Nital)
Post #: 2
RE: US aid to China - 11/5/2021 10:00:48 AM   
Nital

Hi ForzaA and thanks for your reply.

Just to clarify the situation: this is January 1941. Japan is only at war with China and Kunming is very well in Allied control. So I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean...
When I look at the war maps, Indochina appears as neutral but with 16% pro Axis leaning. On the other hand, the Hanoi harbour is controlled 100% Axis.
I guess this is because of this control change that my railway supply to China stopped. I'm therefore wondering why the airlift supply event did not trigger....

Hope this clarifies...

Cheers,

Nital

(in reply to ForzaA)
Post #: 3
RE: US aid to China - 11/5/2021 11:04:53 AM   
ForzaA

For the Burma Airlift to trigger, BURMA (which contains Rangoon, Mandalay and Lashio) is only leaning Allied, it is not in Allied hands.
That is to say, the conditions for the event are not (yet) met.

(in reply to Nital)
Post #: 4
RE: US aid to China - 11/5/2021 11:13:10 AM   
Nital

quote:

ORIGINAL: ForzaA

For the Burma Airlift to trigger, BURMA (which contains Rangoon, Mandalay and Lashio) is only leaning Allied, it is not in Allied hands.
That is to say, the conditions for the event are not (yet) met.

Ah ! Understood !
That's very clear, thanks a lot ForzaA!
So I desperately need Japan to DOW Burma (in a way ) so that China gets some supplies back as running on 130 MPP / turn is a bit tough

(in reply to ForzaA)
Post #: 5
RE: US aid to China - 11/5/2021 4:16:33 PM   
Zeckke

Dont get the event of Indochina (never), indochina is easy to take once you declare war on PH (USA), take it, you have the road clear and that event is almost declare war on USA

(in reply to Nital)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> US aid to China Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI