Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Motorized vs Mechanized

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Motorized vs Mechanized Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Motorized vs Mechanized - 10/2/2021 1:59:53 PM   
mroyer

For various purposes, especially posture stratagems, is truck-motorized infantry considered mechanized or infantry? How about APC infantry?

-Mark R.

< Message edited by mroyer -- 10/2/2021 5:25:03 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Motorized vs Mechanized - 10/2/2021 8:41:30 PM   
Voker57

Mechanized is APCs, Motorized is trucks.

(in reply to mroyer)
Post #: 2
RE: Motorized vs Mechanized - 10/2/2021 9:02:21 PM   
Soar_Slitherine

Based on previous discussions, having transport does not change what a subunit is considered to be for posture bonus purposes. APCs gain any posture modifiers that apply to mechanized units, while the infantry riding in them will only be affected by infantry-related modifiers.

(in reply to Voker57)
Post #: 3
RE: Motorized vs Mechanized - 10/2/2021 9:05:13 PM   
mroyer

quote:

Okay, so "motorized" is "infantry"?

From that I presume APC infantry gets advantage from Blitzkrieg stratagem and not from a Forced March stratagem, correct?

And conversely, a motorized infantry get advantage from Forced March but not Blitzkrieg. Right?

Thanks,
-Mark R.

(in reply to Voker57)
Post #: 4
RE: Motorized vs Mechanized - 10/2/2021 9:13:24 PM   
mroyer

quote:

Based on previous discussions, having transport does not change what a subunit is considered to be for posture bonus purposes. APCs gain any posture modifiers that apply to mechanized units, while the infantry riding in them will only be affected by infantry-related modifiers.

Hmmm.... I see. I think that kind of makes sense to me.

So... still... are trucks mechanized? i.e., would trucks benefit from AP bonus of a Blitzkrieg even though the infantry riding in them wouldn't gain attack benefits?

-Mark R.

(in reply to Soar_Slitherine)
Post #: 5
RE: Motorized vs Mechanized - 10/2/2021 9:17:09 PM   
Clux

quote:

ORIGINAL: mroyer

quote:

Okay, so "motorized" is "infantry"?

From that I presume APC infantry gets advantage from Blitzkrieg stratagem and not from a Forced March stratagem, correct?

And conversely, a motorized infantry get advantage from Forced March but not Blitzkrieg. Right?

Thanks,
-Mark R.

Yes, if you use "Elastic Defense" your APCs will have a LOWER attack score while defending, but the infantry units will have a higher attack score while defending.

The main point of using trucks its giving your units more mobility since their movements require most of the time less AP, but more importantly, the unit doesn't lose readiness after each move.

The main point of using APCs its giving some hard units to your infantry, but they're expensive, and by mid-late game their attack/defense doesn't escalate too well.

Amateurs talk about strategy. Professionals talk about logistics!

(in reply to mroyer)
Post #: 6
RE: Motorized vs Mechanized - 10/2/2021 9:33:30 PM   
mroyer

Okay, I think I understand and thinking it through it makes sense how it's implemented. I like it.

Thanks everyone for explaining - I've been wondering that for a while.
-Mark R.

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 7
RE: Motorized vs Mechanized - 11/12/2021 12:27:21 PM   
mattpilot

Am i the only one who finds trucks to manpower heavy for providing no combat bonus? APC's at least fight, so i try to always wait until APC's before i 'motorize' my troops.

Or what am i missing?

(in reply to mroyer)
Post #: 8
RE: Motorized vs Mechanized - 11/12/2021 8:23:16 PM   
Clux

quote:

ORIGINAL: mattpilot

Am i the only one who finds trucks to manpower heavy for providing no combat bonus? APC's at least fight, so i try to always wait until APC's before i 'motorize' my troops.

Or what am i missing?

It used to be like that, but nowdays when you recruit trucks it only uses 20% of the stated manpower

Amateurs talk about strategy. Professionals talk about logistics!

(in reply to mattpilot)
Post #: 9
RE: Motorized vs Mechanized - 11/13/2021 8:23:01 PM   
Thomas8

To be precise - about above post - you will 'pay' 500 recruits for 5 subunits of trucks and 400 recruits will return to you (build 1000 and 800 will return). The same right now happens with APC and buggies - you pay 300 recruits and 200 return. Although I am not sure if casualties calculations are taking this new value udner consideration (for negative happiness modifier).

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 10
RE: Motorized vs Mechanized - 11/13/2021 11:50:09 PM   
mattpilot

that is one weird mechanic .. i suppose it was not possible to just reduce the requirement as each 'unit' has a hardcoded requirement of 100 men ? hmm Either way, interesting and thanks for sharing. I think i will finally build some trucks :-D

(in reply to Thomas8)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Motorized vs Mechanized Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI