Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

can't unload

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> can't unload Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
can't unload - 11/15/2021 11:44:21 AM   
robertkeller

Fairly frequently when I've conducted an invasion the task force unloads all but 360 of the load cost (120 stacking cost) of one unit. Is there some way to correct this?
Post #: 1
RE: can't unload - 11/15/2021 12:12:24 PM   
btd64

Can you provide a screen shot of the ship screen showing what wasn't unloaded and screen shots of the units and base landed at?....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to robertkeller)
Post #: 2
RE: can't unload - 11/15/2021 6:42:08 PM   
BBfanboy

Also look at the specific things left on board. Typically, the unit unloads in the order: troops, light equipment, heavy equipment, supply. Heavy equipment takes a lot of operations points for both ship and port during unload.

Size of port makes a great deal of difference too. If you are looking at an amphib invasion, that is another kettle of fish where ship type is extremely important.

EDIT: I should also mention that the Tech Forum is for computer and program glitches, not questions about what is happening in the game. This question should have gone to the War Room or main WITP-AW forum where more players are likely to see it and answer it.

< Message edited by BBfanboy -- 11/15/2021 6:45:55 PM >

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to robertkeller)
Post #: 3
RE: can't unload - 11/15/2021 7:24:59 PM   
HansBolter

To further what BBfanboy posted,

What is typically left onboard after the first day is heavy equipment, mostly motorized equipment.

That equipment can take many, many days to completely unload.

Examine the individual ships in the TF to see what is still onboard.

See how many vehicles are still on any given ship. Examine that same ship the next turn and you will see how many vehicles are unloading over the beach each day. That will allow you to calculate how many days it will take to completely unload.

Understanding this mechanism is important in gauging how long you need to keep protection for your vulnerable invasion TF in place.

Hans

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 4
RE: can't unload - 11/15/2021 10:32:21 PM   
RangerJoe

Sometimes the radar sets may be difficult if not impossible to unload . . .

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 5
RE: can't unload - 11/15/2021 11:00:25 PM   
btd64

Naval support during landing does help....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 6
RE: can't unload - 11/16/2021 6:05:18 AM   
Alpha77

Tanks, trucks and radars often can not be unloaded at zero or 1 size ports or ony very slow depending on nav support at base

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 7
RE: can't unload - 11/16/2021 4:27:45 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alpha77

Tanks, trucks and radars often can not be unloaded at zero or 1 size ports or only very slow depending on nav support at base

IME, radars can unload Amphibiously without using a port - but you need at least a size 3 port or compensating Naval Support to unload from a docked Transport or Amphib-loaded ship. And of course an SPS(0) port cannot use Naval Support squads so that complicates things a little more.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 8
RE: can't unload - 11/17/2021 6:57:48 AM   
Chris21wen

Even experienced players will screw up occasionally with unloading. For any 0,1,2 ports or badly damaged (<=50%)send amphibious TF, anything else transports will do.

To insure max unload speed of a transport in enemy air range (with or without air cover) don't exceed the ports unload capacity or the ports max size of an individual ship, they won't dock and take a long time to unload.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 9
RE: can't unload - 11/17/2021 3:18:46 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris21wen

Even experienced players will screw up occasionally with unloading. For any 0,1,2 ports or badly damaged (<=50%)send amphibious TF, anything else transports will do.

To insure max unload speed of a transport in enemy air range (with or without air cover) don't exceed the ports unload capacity or the ports max size of an individual ship, they won't dock and take a long time to unload.

Agree. As Allies in the first year of the game you will have a lot of front-line bases needing supply but are in range of the cursed Betties and Nells (Netties, collectively). Your convoy is OK if not detected but the moment they are the Netties come calling.

Rather than risk you larger ships and lose a lot of supplies before they can unload, it is better to set up a distribution hub port much further back, out of Nettie range. Then have oodles of small capacity xAKLs load the supply and take it to the forward base. They have the advantages that:
- they can usually dock in small ports, which doubles the supply unload per turn.
- they usually unload completely in one to three turns and skedaddle for the hub port before the Netties find them
- even if found and sunk, the loss of supply and value of the ship is much less.
- it takes a lot more Nettie torpedoes to sink a bunch of xAKLs equivalent to one large freighter. That is like a school of small fish staying together so that if they are attacked some are lost but most escape.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 10
RE: can't unload - 11/17/2021 3:25:11 PM   
Alpha77

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy
And of course an SPS(0) port cannot use Naval Support squads so that complicates things a little more.

Mh, was this an actual error or WAD?

In theory navsup should help also in a location that has no port at all.
Perhaps only display error?

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 11
RE: can't unload - 11/17/2021 3:31:09 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

And of course an SPS(0) port cannot use Naval Support squads so that complicates things a little more.

Mh, was this an actual error or WAD?

In theory navsup should help also in a location that has no port at all.
Perhaps only display error?

It's a known bug that will not be fixed because there is no official support for the old game engine. The cost of doing an update cannot be justified by sales.

It affects both sides equally but with more NS, the Allies feel it more. That said, the Allies get enough stuff that they can work around it as long as they are aware of the bug.

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 12
RE: can't unload - 11/17/2021 3:43:58 PM   
Alpha77

quote:

It affects both sides equally but with more NS, the Allies feel it more. That said, the Allies get enough stuff that they can work around it as long as they are aware of the bug.

Yup this bug is not bad, as long we know it is there. Cause I was confused about this issue. Do you know if Namatanai , at 107,125 would get nav support? It has zero port and can this bombarded by sea ?
ASFAIK locations without port are said to be inland and are safe (?)

< Message edited by Alpha77 -- 11/17/2021 3:45:07 PM >

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 13
RE: can't unload - 11/17/2021 4:30:06 PM   
Kull

quote:

Do you know if Namatanai , at 107,125 would get nav support? It has zero port and can this bombarded by sea ?

When people talk about the "Size Zero Port bug", it refers to any port that has a base level of Zero (see attachment). Even if you build it up to three (the max), Nav Supt will not work here. Also you can tell that it is not an inland location because of the arrow to the right, which means that it can be "built-up". Look at an inland location and the arrow is not present.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 14
RE: can't unload - 11/17/2021 4:59:38 PM   
Alpha77

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull

quote:

Do you know if Namatanai , at 107,125 would get nav support? It has zero port and can this bombarded by sea ?

When people talk about the "Size Zero Port bug", it refers to any port that has a base level of Zero (see attachment). Even if you build it up to three (the max), Nav Supt will not work here. Also you can tell that it is not an inland location because of the arrow to the right, which means that it can be "built-up". Look at an inland location and the arrow is not present.

I made a new thread, cause this issue is different to OPs issue.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5102285

I cannot build a port at Nama, no button there. Either with my game is something wrong or with yours

< Message edited by Alpha77 -- 11/17/2021 5:00:23 PM >

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> can't unload Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI