Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Early Blows

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Early Blows Page: <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Early Blows - 11/18/2021 8:42:49 PM   
njp72

Singapore-Getting close to finally having a crack at this critical base.

Because I have been so tardy in moving on this position (it is only July 42 ) I have some additional goodies to employ in the assault.

Approximately 7 x Divs will be employed which includes 3 x Tank Divs against starving defenders. I am hoping to roll this up in a week possibly 2 and than redeploy this fearsome gathering straight into Burma/ India.

Has anyone used Tank Div's against Singapore? This might be a first in game history

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by njp72 -- 11/18/2021 8:47:46 PM >

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 481
RE: Early Blows - 11/28/2021 3:23:19 AM   
njp72

China-close but no cigar.

Lowpe has managed to rush in critical reinforcements on a number of vital hexes preventing the collapse of the Northern Chinese front.

Whilst air, armor and artillery grind down the resolute Chinese defenders a key weakness has finally been found in the main defensive position. Perhaps this time......

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 482
RE: Early Blows - 12/4/2021 3:05:07 AM   
njp72

Singapore Assault

Very close now- only a couple of turns before we cross the LD.

It will fascinating to see how this plays out but given the Allies lack of supply I can't see it lasting long.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 483
RE: Early Blows - 12/4/2021 3:09:47 AM   
njp72

Intend to squeeze China from both directions.

Finally fresh troops start moving towards Lashio to take this important base. Not sure the level of opposition the IJA will be facing but hopefully second rate survivors from the previous Burma clashes.

The very powerful and experienced IJA 18th Inf Div will be the key unit.

Really keen on knocking China out of the war before 43.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 484
RE: Early Blows - 12/4/2021 9:54:03 AM   
ny59giants

Singapore - I would pull the two Rgt that you show in the assault. The initial shock will have LCUs of that size getting almost totally disabled. Too many divisions with low prep numbers, so don't be surprised if casualties/disablement is higher than you will like.

Good luck mate!

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 485
RE: Early Blows - 12/4/2021 10:02:47 AM   
njp72

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Singapore - I would pull the two Rgt that you show in the assault. The initial shock will have LCUs of that size getting almost totally disabled. Too many divisions with low prep numbers, so don't be surprised if casualties/disablement is higher than you will like.

Good luck mate!

You are quite right Mike on all counts (as you usually are ).

I am hoping the two regts take the brunt of the punishment and leave the divisions largely untouched. It has worked for me before.

The disablements will be very high but I am hoping the destroyed squads won't be off the planet.

No doubt casualties will be very heavy given the amount of time and his prep for the defence. Still no supply for a number of months and daily bombings should take the sting out of his prep. Hard to stop Type 1 tanks with small arms. The 3 tank divs should really be the trump card on this.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 486
RE: Early Blows - 12/4/2021 11:27:04 AM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: njp72

quote:

Good luck mate!

I am hoping the two regts take the brunt of the punishment and leave the divisions largely untouched. It has worked for me before.

The disablements will be very high but I am hoping the destroyed squads won't be off the planet.

No doubt casualties will be very heavy given the amount of time and his prep for the defence. Still no supply for a number of months and daily bombings should take the sting out of his prep. Hard to stop Type 1 tanks with small arms. The 3 tank divs should really be the trump card on this.

Is the enemy really completely out of supply? Do you still see flak bursts in the replay during bombing runs?

The shock attack into Singapore is the day the Allied will do the most damage to your units and if the units still have supply they will still do lots of damage. Of course the Allied won't last long afterwards.

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 487
RE: Early Blows - 12/4/2021 12:19:22 PM   
njp72

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

quote:

quote:

Good luck mate!

Is the enemy really completely out of supply? Do you still see flak bursts in the replay during bombing runs?

The shock attack into Singapore is the day the Allied will do the most damage to your units and if the units still have supply they will still do lots of damage. Of course the Allied won't last long afterwards.

Yep he is definitely out of supply. I haven't seen any flak for over 2 months and I am bombing from 8000ft.

You are quite right about that first shock attack; it will be nasty.

I will just have to absorb the initial losses and crack on. I need these forces in Burma to start working their way back into China to finish off that theatre before Lowpe gets too ambitious in the Pacific. I am fascinated to see how the Tank Divisions fare.

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 488
RE: Early Blows - 12/4/2021 12:36:01 PM   
ny59giants

Double check the leaders before they go over the causeway.

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 489
RE: Early Blows - 12/4/2021 1:54:17 PM   
castor troy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

quote:

quote:

Good luck mate!

Yep he is definitely out of supply. I haven't seen any flak for over 2 months and I am bombing from 8000ft.

You are quite right about that first shock attack; it will be nasty.

I will just have to absorb the initial losses and crack on. I need these forces in Burma to start working their way back into China to finish off that theatre before Lowpe gets too ambitious in the Pacific. I am fascinated to see how the Tank Divisions fare.

Then it should be a cakewalk. I've never thought about ignoring Singapore for that long and would have deemed it a fault but it looks to be a good idea actually.

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 490
RE: Early Blows - 12/8/2021 8:21:56 PM   
njp72

Thanks Castor, and we have an answer today regarding Singapore.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 491
RE: Early Blows - 12/8/2021 8:25:50 PM   
njp72

And the Allied Orbat in Singapore.

Pretty standard but I am struck by the amount of heavy AA units that are there.

I am guessing some of the units below will be hard to rebuild???? Thoughts?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 492
RE: Early Blows - 12/8/2021 9:56:46 PM   
jdsrae

From memory some of those Allied units have withdrawal dates so can’t be rebuilt, eg HQ ABDA.
Indian and Aus infantry squad replacement rates can make rebuilding those infantry units take a long time.
You might see them back on the map fairly quickly, but they will probably be lacking riflemen.

Currently playing my first PBEM, no house rules Scenario 1 as IJ.
AAR link (no SolInvictus): https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4684655

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 493
RE: Early Blows - 12/9/2021 3:09:03 AM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

we have an answer today regarding Singapore.

Impressive -- I can't remember seeing an attack knock down three fort levels before.

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 494
RE: Early Blows - 12/9/2021 3:43:56 AM   
njp72

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock

quote:

we have an answer today regarding Singapore.

Impressive -- I can't remember seeing an attack knock down three fort levels before.

Thanks Cap, it would have been a real bear to take this back in Jan/ Feb against Lowpe who would have made me pay big time.

Now in July/ Aug against starving defenders, not so bad

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 495
RE: Early Blows - 12/9/2021 3:46:44 AM   
njp72

quote:

ORIGINAL: jdsrae

From memory some of those Allied units have withdrawal dates so can’t be rebuilt, eg HQ ABDA.
Indian and Aus infantry squad replacement rates can make rebuilding those infantry units take a long time.
You might see them back on the map fairly quickly, but they will probably be lacking riflemen.

I hope so regarding the riflemen.

Your thoughts about the rebuilding of the heavy AA regts?

(in reply to jdsrae)
Post #: 496
RE: Early Blows - 12/9/2021 7:05:36 AM   
jdsrae

quote:

quote:

Been too long since I’ve played Allies to remember so stayed silent on them on purpose!
If you start a new game as Allies you could check the devices and replacement rates, and see if the units have withdrawal rates.
I’d expect to see them bought back if they can be.

Currently playing my first PBEM, no house rules Scenario 1 as IJ.
AAR link (no SolInvictus): https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4684655

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 497
RE: Early Blows - 12/9/2021 8:10:41 AM   
DesertWolf101

quote:

quote:

quote:

Been too long since I’ve played Allies to remember so stayed silent on them on purpose!
If you start a new game as Allies you could check the devices and replacement rates, and see if the units have withdrawal rates.
I’d expect to see them bought back if they can be.

I have brought those AA units back in my current game and they are arriving over the next two weeks. I have 60 guns in stockpile waiting for them and this is in February 1942, so I don't think Lowpe will have much trouble replacing them. As jdsrae mentioned though it is a bit harder to replace the Indian squads in 1942 due to the high demand for them.

(in reply to jdsrae)
Post #: 498
RE: Early Blows - 12/9/2021 10:54:43 AM   
njp72

Thanks guys, some good input there.

So in summary the AA guns won't worry him too much but I suspect the fighting in Southern India, Ceylon and Australia should result in some issues for him amongst the Commonwealth forces in inf squads and other equipment.

I can live with that

(in reply to DesertWolf101)
Post #: 499
RE: Early Blows - 12/9/2021 11:33:19 AM   
RangerJoe

In 1944, the Burmese and other squads convert to Indian squads. So if you did not destroy a bunch of those, then in 1944 there will be a nice influx of those devices.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 500
RE: Early Blows - 12/10/2021 2:57:57 AM   
njp72

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

In 1944, the Burmese and other squads convert to Indian squads. So if you did not destroy a bunch of those, then in 1944 there will be a nice influx of those devices.

Thanks, good point.

I have killed a few but not nearly enough. Plenty more work to be done.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 501
RE: Early Blows - 12/16/2021 6:43:30 PM   
njp72

4 days and 2 shock attacks and Singapore is no more.

Industry is largely intact as well

Now to finish China

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 502
RE: Early Blows - 12/17/2021 9:58:57 PM   
njp72

China- Tough fighting continues right across the front as the Chinese are slowly ground down.

Every time the elusive break through emerges, Lowpe manages to plug the gap right at death's door.

Starting to notice a number of Chinese units start to break contract and withdraw to the interior so I suspect a crisis is looming.

*I think I have found the ideal place to deploy the 3 x Tank Divs now looking for something to do after Singapore.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 503
RE: Early Blows - 12/17/2021 10:02:52 PM   
njp72

Perhaps another week away from really surging into Burma.

The end result should be the doubling of pressure on the Chinese.

*Naval blocking forces deployed around this area to prevent any kamikaze attempt of re-supplying Singapore now start to head back to the Pacific where the Allies seem to be more feisty.

KB looking good, A6M5s and radar for the Zui and Sho. Time to look for that fight.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 504
RE: Early Blows - 12/24/2021 2:02:07 AM   
njp72

Chinese being pounded by the air.

Keen to reopen the Southern Front and cause the Allies more distress.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 505
RE: Early Blows - 12/24/2021 2:05:18 AM   
njp72

And up North the Chinese are copping it on a daily basis as well.

No mercy or fairness in this conflict

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 506
RE: Early Blows - 12/24/2021 2:07:58 AM   
njp72

Keen to restart naval operations around Ceylon but first I have to thin out his air force a bit.

A good start.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 507
RE: Early Blows - 12/24/2021 2:09:49 AM   
njp72

Nice

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 508
RE: Early Blows - 12/24/2021 2:14:56 AM   
njp72

That is what I was seeking.

The IJN should have a week or two now without too much interference.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 509
RE: Early Blows - 12/24/2021 2:17:54 AM   
njp72

The daily grind down of the Chinese positions continue

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 510
Page:   <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Early Blows Page: <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI