Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Americans steam roller everything (help)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Americans steam roller everything (help) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Americans steam roller everything (help) - 12/6/2021 2:12:47 PM   
okeefe

Im playing as Nazis and trying to blow all the bridges in the first scenario where you have to hold bitburg, americans have tons of armor and bazooka. I use all the Stug cards to no avail, anyone got any tips?
Post #: 1
RE: Americans steam roller everything (help) - 12/6/2021 2:30:11 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: okeefe

Im playing as Nazis and trying to blow all the bridges in the first scenario where you have to hold bitburg, americans have tons of armor and bazooka. I use all the Stug cards to no avail, anyone got any tips?

I presume you're referring to the Westwall Scenario? Not an easy one, but if you like a tutorial, I am inclined to do some slides.

Note: I used an updated German | Allied trooptypes library (added some recon points to the units I have mentioned before) and adjusted the German models to reflect the VG.Btl. and VG regimental artillery unit; e.g. using 4 x 7,5cm leIG 18/37 within the respective VG.Btl, more PzSchreck (acc. to TO&E they had up to 54 per regiment), VG.Art.Rgt got 7,5cm FK nA16, not 12,2cm FH(r).

Klink, Oberst

< Message edited by Oberst_Klink -- 12/6/2021 2:35:14 PM >

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to okeefe)
Post #: 2
RE: Americans steam roller everything (help) - 12/6/2021 8:21:59 PM   
Goodenough

Hello okeefe

I've played this scenario a few times and I have struggled as well.

I initially played as the US and found it to be quite easy, but even with this knowledge I found it difficult to stop the US assault when playing the Axis.

You might want to try it from the US perspective as it shows their weaknesses and stengths.

Remember to use your PP for the cheap reinforcements, block the Sauer river bridge near Ecternacht and I found Mettendorf to be key to victory. Blow the three bridges between Mettendorf and Enzen if you can.

Good Luck

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 3
RE: Americans steam roller everything (help) - 12/6/2021 9:28:22 PM   
ernieschwitz

Slight correction: You are playing the Germans, which is something entirely different from the Nazis.

Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
    Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.

Try this Global WW2 Scenario: GD1938v3

(in reply to Goodenough)
Post #: 4
RE: Americans steam roller everything (help) - 12/6/2021 9:31:20 PM   
okeefe

Thanks for the replies. Playing defensive is what was causing me to lose. The blue units at the bottom are weak and can't blow a bridge so just let them sit and block. Move everything at the top across and to the left, including the main HQ everything. Buy 1 volksgrender put at the bottom for bridge blowing. Then get a bunch of Panzer 4 top left and used range attacks, you can pretty much push them all the way back to the start. They will regroup but they dont have enough time to get back up.

(in reply to Goodenough)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Americans steam roller everything (help) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI