Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Red Tide feedback

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: DLCs >> Command: Red Tide >> Red Tide feedback Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Red Tide feedback - 12/8/2021 3:50:32 PM   
mikerohan

Hi,

I just wanted to post some feedback on this DLC.

First, it took me a little time to realize that in this DLC you are NOT going to play with the "big boys". That's right: no F-14s, no CVNs, no AWACS... You are mostly in command of second line units and you are given secondary missions. And, surprise!: this is not bad!
This makes it a very enjoyable DLC for those that want to learn or want a change from the "primary missions" (you have a lot of those in the CSP, for example). You'll have to be careful with weapon ranges, radar coverage (or lack of it), blind spots, re-fuelling...

Second, the scoring. You are given a mission and you get points for achieving it (or failing it). You will not get points for every plane or ship that is destroyed. If shooting down an enemy plane is a means to get the mission done, great, but the scoring is tied to the mission.

And, third, this introduces a number of interesting side-missions. Again, not tied to the primary, so they won't give you a lot of points but sometimes you cannot avoid helping your brothers in arms.

So, after having played 9 of the included scenarios, I can say that I'm enjoying it (and much more than I thought after just playing two of them) and that I recommend it to new players and those veterans that want a rest from huge scenarios.

Cheers!

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: DLCs >> Command: Red Tide >> Red Tide feedback Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI