Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Suggestion wish list

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> RE: Suggestion wish list Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/27/2021 11:24:57 AM   
nikdav

Stuka-sound is awesome, also Pink Floyd love Stuka-sound ;-)

(in reply to Krupinski)
Post #: 31
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/29/2021 9:05:53 PM   
kosmoface

quote:

ORIGINAL: JacquesDeLalaing

quote:

ORIGINAL: kosmoface
How can I switch of all Icons on the map?

Hotkey "0"

Thank you very much.

The next day I read further in the manual and found the hotkeys. They are called shortkeys and are on page 48. Thankfully Vic has added more hotkeys in his Beta patches.

(in reply to JacquesDeLalaing)
Post #: 32
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/29/2021 9:19:50 PM   
carll11

quote:

ORIGINAL: timmyab

I would like the regimental artillery to be marked as artillery on the nato counters. I've lost count of the times I've accidentally moved these units to their doom in previous titles in this series.

+1

(in reply to timmyab)
Post #: 33
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/29/2021 9:24:53 PM   
carll11

An 'overrun' rule...when a unit is forced to take casualties below say, a platoon, approx. 25 men, the unit is destroyed,period. Not that theres 10 rear guys running around bollocks....

< Message edited by carll11 -- 11/29/2021 9:33:16 PM >

(in reply to carll11)
Post #: 34
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/29/2021 9:31:41 PM   
carll11

dupe...

< Message edited by carll11 -- 11/29/2021 9:32:53 PM >

(in reply to carll11)
Post #: 35
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/30/2021 1:28:30 AM   
Jagger2002

I am playing St Vith right now. When I turn on the supply layer, I have green everywhere. Yet when I look at my units, many, many are low or out of fuel. I would like a secondary supply layer which shows supply distribution for fuel. It would be helpful to know where the fuel is going and where it is not going.

(in reply to carll11)
Post #: 36
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/30/2021 2:26:29 AM   
Jagger2002

Shortcut key for Line of Sight. It is very important but the symbols clutter and make difficult to spot other symbols such as artillery fire. Have to go to Preferences and then map to turn off and then repeat to turn back on. A single shortcut key would be very helpful.

(in reply to Jagger2002)
Post #: 37
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/30/2021 4:16:44 AM   
loutro

quote:

ORIGINAL: kosmoface

Uhm, is there a list with all the Hotkeys? Could not find one in the manual.

How can I switch of all Icons on the map?

Page 48 of the manual

(in reply to kosmoface)
Post #: 38
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/30/2021 6:07:13 AM   
JacquesDeLalaing

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jagger2002

I am playing St Vith right now. When I turn on the supply layer, I have green everywhere. Yet when I look at my units, many, many are low or out of fuel. I would like a secondary supply layer which shows supply distribution for fuel. It would be helpful to know where the fuel is going and where it is not going.

Even if within green supply, there is a limit on how much fuel and supply a unit can receive every turn. So if the supply has been very bad, unit won't be able to fill up its stocks and recover completely in a matter of a single turn...

You can check how much supply was requested and received by each unit and you can check for each individual the cap how much supply/fuel it can receive per turn.

(in reply to Jagger2002)
Post #: 39
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/30/2021 7:00:41 AM   
Stelteck

quote:

In ST Vith scenario (and in the grand campaign) you do not receive enough fuel each turn for moving all your units, so there is no fuel in stock to send very quickly.

(in reply to Jagger2002)
Post #: 40
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/30/2021 1:30:26 PM   
carll11

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: timmyab

I would like the regimental artillery to be marked as artillery on the nato counters. I've lost count of the times I've accidentally moved these units to their doom in previous titles in this series.

the 13.Kp (heavy weapons) got a small A on the counter. However, you can look through the available smallgfx counters and change it to your liking. That's one of the features I love abut Vic's games - modding friendly.

Klink, Oberst

Thats editing I dont normally do.....so, if I did do I have to do it to every single unit that requires it or can I make a 'mass' selection?

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 41
RE: Suggestion wish list - 11/30/2021 3:48:59 PM   
Oberst_Klink

You can easily edit it in the models library.

Klink, Oberst

Attachment (1)

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to carll11)
Post #: 42
RE: Suggestion wish list - 12/5/2021 7:17:37 PM   
Jagger2002

Ok having played a fair number of hours now, here is I think a fairly useful wish list item. I think a road traffic overlay would be very useful. Basically an overlay of all roads showing by color the current percentage of road traffic vs total road traffic allowed on the road before traffic jams. So with a quick look, I would have a visual image of the traffic loads on each road. We can basically get that information now but it involves calling up the hex info box for each hex. I think that a traffic overlay would be a very useful game aid.

(in reply to Krupinski)
Post #: 43
RE: Suggestion wish list - 12/5/2021 9:10:55 PM   
loutro

I would like a hot key that shows which units still have unused Action Points. In the full campaigns, you can lose track of who you have moved and who you have not moved. And invariably, you can miss moving whole divisions. Or that could just be my ADHD.

(in reply to Jagger2002)
Post #: 44
RE: Suggestion wish list - 12/6/2021 10:35:37 AM   
Khanti

Small "feature"
Please add +1 recon point for those BMW R75 motorbikes. They seems useless.
I know I can edit it myself, but it could be done for others as well.
Also +1 recon for Jeeps will be cool.

< Message edited by Khanti -- 12/6/2021 1:23:46 PM >

(in reply to loutro)
Post #: 45
RE: Suggestion wish list - 12/6/2021 11:40:18 AM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: Khanti

Small "feature"
Please add +1 recon point for those BMW R75 motorbikes. They seems useless.
I know I can edit it myself, but it could be done for others as well.

It's easy, see below. I decided, for test purposes, to give the Jeep, Kübelwagen and the BMW a value of 10; Armoured Cars a value of 5.

Klink, Oberst

Attachment (1)

My Blog & on Twitter.

(in reply to Khanti)
Post #: 46
RE: Suggestion wish list - 12/6/2021 2:22:10 PM   
Khanti

I don't like concept when vehicles have lower HP vs. infantry. They are so fragile now. Attacking with Stugs against infantry with few bazookas is a waste of vehicles. Mostly irreplaceable because replacements are scarce.
Maybe bad luck, but it occurs often...

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 47
RE: Suggestion wish list - 12/6/2021 2:29:01 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

I don't like concept when vehicles have lower HP vs. infantry. They are so fragile now. Attacking with Stugs against infantry with few bazookas is a waste of vehicles. Mostly irreplaceable because replacements are scarce.

... hence one has to suppress and flush those pesky bazooka equipped GIs (or the PzF | RPzB 54 (Panzerschreck) Landers) out. Running into them without infantry support in urban or wooden areas is a killer, like it was historically.

As for the replacements, you can tweak them. I got a list me and Rob 'Hawkeye' Kunz used to determine the average replacement rates that were available for the 30 days of the battle somewhere.

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.

(in reply to Khanti)
Post #: 48
RE: Suggestion wish list - 12/6/2021 2:39:20 PM   
Jagger2002

quote:

IMO, in most cases an assault should not be launched until defense readiness has been substantially worn down by ranged fire. Artillery is the primary force for wearing down defense but armor including Stugs are very useful using 1 hex ranged fire. Move your armor adjacent to the target hex and hit them with ranged fire prior to the main assault. Tanks adjacent to the target hex will also increase the recon level of the hex which increases the effectiveness of both artillery and the tank fire. Once the defense readiness drops substantially, then comes the tank/infantry assault to take the position at hopefully acceptable losses. And from a one hex range, armor is not in much danger from infantry, infantry ATGs and artillery. Although if enemy armor is in the area and can quickly reinforce the defense, they can hit and hurt your armor. That is a risk.

(in reply to Khanti)
Post #: 49
RE: Suggestion wish list - 12/6/2021 2:56:40 PM   
Stelteck

Do not worry about loosing armored vehicules, due to lack of fuel, the less armored vehicule you have, the happier

< Message edited by Stelteck -- 12/6/2021 2:57:00 PM >

(in reply to Jagger2002)
Post #: 50
RE: Suggestion wish list - 12/6/2021 3:13:08 PM   
Jagger2002

quote:

IMO, in most cases an assault should not be launched until defense readiness has been substantially worn down by ranged fire. Artillery is the primary force for wearing down defense but armor including Stugs are very useful using 1 hex ranged fire. Move your armor adjacent to the target hex and hit them with ranged fire prior to the main assault. Tanks adjacent to the target hex will also increase the recon level of the hex which increases the effectiveness of both artillery and the tank fire. Once the defense readiness drops substantially, then comes the tank/infantry assault to take the position at hopefully acceptable losses. And from a one hex range, armor is not in much danger from infantry, infantry ATGs and artillery. Although if enemy armor is in the area and can quickly reinforce the defense, they can hit and hurt your armor. That is a risk.

PS: Don't put German armor in the open in line of sight if the Americans have clear weather. Even in overcast weather, they need a lot of flak protection. So one hex range is best from defensive terrain or in open if misty or precip weather or much close range flak protection.

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 51
RE: Suggestion wish list - 12/6/2021 3:47:19 PM   
Stelteck

quote:

PS: Don't put German armor in the open in line of sight if the Americans have clear weather. Even in overcast weather, they need a lot of flak protection. So one hex range is best from defensive terrain or in open if misty or precip weather or much close range flak protection.

Allied air is deadly even in overcast weather, your flak advice is important. I had an air raid that cost me 12 panther !! And another one 7 Pz IV.

(in reply to Jagger2002)
Post #: 52
RE: Suggestion wish list - 12/6/2021 5:32:34 PM   
carll11

Did I add we need a 'overrun rule'.

I have started the 'Big One' and, not done with turn 3 completed I have already ran across 5, that 5 instances wherein 10-trucks, 1 bazooka guy, 5 rear guard guys, one AT gun etc. force me to use an arty units ( or 2) or another unit attack to wipe them out, IF I dont
they head for a cross road etc.

IF I were doing this to a human opponent it would be called 'gamey'.....

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 53
RE: Suggestion wish list - 12/6/2021 5:40:57 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: carll11

I have started the 'Big One' and, not done with turn 3 completed I have already ran across 5, that 5 instances wherein 10-trucks, 1 bazooka guy, 5 rear guard guys, one AT gun etc. force me to use an arty units ( or 2) or another unit attack to wipe them out, IF I dont

I once saw an overrun or similar message in the battle planner. Road blocks and leftovers in urban areas can be nasty and certainly should not be able to resist a full regimental attack.

It should be addressed for sure.

OT: 1200 on the 16th, St. Vith scenario, some good progress. Never ever waste the 18.VG.Div to attack the 422nd; just cut them off and mop them up with rear-area troops created with one of the 2 corps HQs.

Klink, Oberst

Attachment (1)

My Blog & on Twitter.

(in reply to carll11)
Post #: 54
RE: Suggestion wish list - 12/6/2021 5:50:46 PM   
nikdav

quote:

ORIGINAL: carll11

Seems to hear Peiper's screams at Stavelot " Damned engineers !!! "

< Message edited by nikdav -- 12/6/2021 5:52:23 PM >

(in reply to carll11)
Post #: 55
RE: Suggestion wish list - 12/6/2021 5:53:50 PM   
nikdav

Many times what you see is not the full real enemy force, only what your recon see !

(in reply to nikdav)
Post #: 56
RE: Suggestion wish list - 12/8/2021 8:24:40 AM   
Khanti

I'd like to have hotkey for "next available unit" for cycling through available units with movement points still
Or there is that hotkey somewhere...

(in reply to nikdav)
Post #: 57
RE: Suggestion wish list - 12/8/2021 9:32:37 PM   
Khanti

I don't like the idea of "war against trucks". Every time artillery shells, it hits truck-like equipment. I've checked values in editor. All trucks have 30 points as ranged targets. I suggest adding some 10-20 points to infantry types.

(in reply to Khanti)
Post #: 58
RE: Suggestion wish list - 12/8/2021 10:24:34 PM   
ernieschwitz

quote:

I don't like the idea of "war against trucks". Every time artillery shells, it hits truck-like equipment. I've checked values in editor. All trucks have 30 points as ranged targets. I suggest adding some 10-20 points to infantry types.

Where did you see the favorites table? I can see there is a favorites tries table, but I have yet to locate the favorites table, where you can actually see what artillery, as ranged weapons, want to hit.

Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
    Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.

Try this Global WW2 Scenario: GD1938v3

(in reply to Khanti)
Post #: 59
RE: Suggestion wish list - 12/8/2021 10:47:04 PM   
Khanti

Ernie,
Trooptype Editor
Trooptype Libraries
Ranged Target Mod table

It's called "TargetChance%" in individual unit window in game

< Message edited by Khanti -- 12/8/2021 11:18:06 PM >

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> RE: Suggestion wish list Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI