Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Making the last Beta Official

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Making the last Beta Official Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/9/2021 4:57:07 AM   
Ian R

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

I will vote no, I like the original artwork and I am used to it. Artwork can be updated with no problems by the user.

I concur.

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 151
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/9/2021 8:12:13 AM   
Denniss

As a outsider view I'd suggest to ensure the standard scenarios get known data issues fixed. I believe there are some known issues and the Betas were just .exe updates.

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 152
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/9/2021 9:45:33 AM   
littleike

Definitely there is something strange with game resolution and desktop resolution.

laptop 15" with integrated graphic and nvidia rtx 2060 Intel I7-10750H windows 11

1.8.11.26b latest beta.

Integrated graphics launch -px1920 -py1080 desktop magnifying 100 % all ok (but difficult to read)
Integrated graphics launch -px1920 -py1080 desktop magnifyng 125% game don't start
Integrated graphics launch -px1600 -py900 desktop magnifying 125% all ok (best resolution for gaming)

rtx 2060 -px1920 -py1080 desktop magnifying set by card (seems 125%) game don't start
rtx 2060 -px1600 -py900 desktop magnifying as above game start at a less resolution (seems 1280x800)

Seems that windows desktop setting affect subsequent game launch also if screen native resolution and command line switches matches.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 153
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/9/2021 11:29:56 AM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: littleike

Definitely there is something strange with game resolution and desktop resolution.

laptop 15" with integrated graphic and nvidia rtx 2060 Intel I7-10750H windows 11

1.8.11.26b latest beta.

Integrated graphics launch -px1920 -py1080 desktop magnifying 100 % all ok (but difficult to read)
Integrated graphics launch -px1920 -py1080 desktop magnifyng 125% game don't start
Integrated graphics launch -px1600 -py900 desktop magnifying 125% all ok (best resolution for gaming)

rtx 2060 -px1920 -py1080 desktop magnifying set by card (seems 125%) game don't start
rtx 2060 -px1600 -py900 desktop magnifying as above game start at a less resolution (seems 1280x800)

Seems that windows desktop setting affect subsequent game launch also if screen native resolution and command line switches matches.

Did you install using the program from here:

Tech Support >> SeaBee Alpha - WitP:AE Install & Configuration

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4415089

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to littleike)
Post #: 154
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/9/2021 11:35:28 AM   
littleike

No, this is my game launch switch collection:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -cpu1 -multiaudio -dd_sw -fd -px1600 -py900 -deepColor -altFont -archive

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 155
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/9/2021 11:39:39 AM   
RangerJoe

quote:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -cpu1 -multiaudio -dd_sw -fd -px1600 -py900 -deepColor -altFont -archive

Try the SeaBee program and see if it works better. Also look at the switches installed. You can then add or remove any to test and see if it improves.

― Julia Child

(in reply to littleike)
Post #: 156
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/9/2021 12:06:25 PM   
actrade

I hate to be the one to ask (certainly NOT looking a gift horse in the mouth) but are we talking weeks or months before this remaster is released? Too early to say is a perfectly good response as well.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 157
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/9/2021 12:32:08 PM   
littleike

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

Try the SeaBee program and see if it works better. Also look at the switches installed. You can then add or remove any to test and see if it improves.

Tried with Seabee:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -SingleCpuStart -cpu1 -fd -pxf1920 -pyf1080 -deepColor -dd_sw -multiaudio -altFont -archive

At windows desktop 125% start failed, at 100% start ok

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -SingleCpuStart -cpu1 -fd -pxf1600 -pyf900 -deepColor -dd_sw -multiaudio -altFont -archive

At windows desktop 100% and 125% start ok

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 158
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/9/2021 12:46:28 PM   
AtParmentier

Andy for the Guadalcanal campaign I hope the lcus are fixed (a lot of empty devices).

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 159
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/9/2021 12:51:27 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: actrade
I hate to be the one to ask (certainly NOT looking a gift horse in the mouth) but are we talking weeks or months before this remaster is released? Too early to say is a perfectly good response as well.

We haven't set an exact timeline, but it won't be this year.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to actrade)
Post #: 160
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/9/2021 2:18:09 PM   
jwilkerson

The three high level phases of getting this done

1 - Produce initial public beta - this would include everything that would be in the final release
(( we would expect to iterate on public beta releases for a while, to fix issues found during the beta period ))

2 - Go GOLD
(( once we think we are stable, we'll work with Matrix to prepare the final version for release ))

3 - Public Release
(( Once the final version is ready - Matrix will release to the pubic ))

So right now, we're working on step 1. Once you see that available, you'll know we're in the beta period for this release !!

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 161
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/9/2021 2:26:38 PM   
actrade

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

Thanks Erik. I guess I can remain a bad boy because Santa won't be dropping the update before then :)

Post #: 162
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/9/2021 6:35:46 PM   
Skyros

So good to see you back, can't wait to take this for a spin.

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

Thanks Erik. I guess I can remain a bad boy because Santa won't be dropping the update before then :)

(in reply to actrade)
Post #: 163
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/9/2021 10:51:11 PM   
SuluSea

Thanks Matrix Games, Erik and Joe for the continued support to this great title.

"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer

(in reply to Skyros)
Post #: 164
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/10/2021 5:54:46 AM   
Ian R

quote:

quote:

quote:

Tried with Seabee:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -SingleCpuStart -cpu1 -fd -pxf1920 -pyf1080 -deepColor -dd_sw -multiaudio -altFont -archive

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -SingleCpuStart -cpu1 -fd -pxf1600 -pyf900 -deepColor -dd_sw -multiaudio -altFont -archive

Doesn't "-fd" mean "full screen, daily autosaves?" (As opposed "-wd" which would be window/daily autosaves)

Also, wondering why nominate "-cpu1" (as opposed to say -cpu2).

< Message edited by Ian R -- 12/10/2021 5:57:33 AM >

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to littleike)
Post #: 165
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/10/2021 7:19:00 AM   
CaptBeefheart

That's great this is getting official treatment. In the immortal words of Elwood Blues: "We're putting the band back together."

Cheers,
CB

Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 166
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/10/2021 9:39:46 AM   
bwheatley

that is so awesome. <3

My favorite "active" Matrix Games game, since you guys don't have SP up anymore. ;)
Thanks for supporting it, if you guys made a sequel or wanted to kickstart i'd throw down a fair bit of change on it.

-Alpha Tester Carrier Force
-Beta Tester ATG
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's WAW mod
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's GPW mod
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

Post #: 167
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/10/2021 9:40:55 AM   
bwheatley

The old band is getting back together ;)

This is so exciting thanks for the effort and time for all involved. <3

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 168
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/10/2021 9:43:03 AM   
bwheatley

I would pay to have a similar printed manual to what WITE* have done.

Of all my matrix games, this is the one I'm actually always in the manual for.
I'd love to get things added to the manual that we have to learn through the forums and trial and error.

Apologies for the brevity, I'm just so overwhelmed with excitement.

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 169
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/10/2021 9:48:17 AM   
littleike

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian R

quote:

quote:

quote:

Tried with Seabee:

Doesn't "-fd" mean "full screen, daily autosaves?" (As opposed "-wd" which would be window/daily autosaves)

I used this settings from many years ago. I saved them and when i reistall i simply paste from my save hd.

Yes fd is full screen daily autosaves.

-cpu1 (but could be -cpu2 -cpu3 or others depending how many cores has your processor) means do not use multicore but only a single core to run WitpAE because the game was not written for multicore use and performance could have been better if played in single core.

Never modified from the first time i used it.

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 170
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/10/2021 2:05:55 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Tried with Seabee:

I used this settings from many years ago. I saved them and when i reistall i simply paste from my save hd.

-cpu1 (but could be -cpu2 -cpu3 or others depending how many cores has your processor) means do not use multicore but only a single core to run WitpAE because the game was not written for multicore use and performance could have been better if played in single core.

In a thread long ago it was explained that -SingleCpuOrders is the switch that specifies use of a single core. CPU1 is always used by the operating system (Windows) and CPU2 is sometimes used by background programs like anti-virus. For those reasons the recommendation was to use -cpu3 or higher.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to littleike)
Post #: 171
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/10/2021 3:46:15 PM   
littleike

I had this explanation about performance switches:

Performance

specified CPU, otherwise both of these switches default to the first CPU. If a -cpu# switch and one of these -Single
switches are used, the turns will always be processed in multi processor mode.

-cpu# : (cpu1, cpu2, cpu3, cpu4) Switches set the cpu affinity for multi cpu systems. It will do nothing for single
cores and will default to using all cores if a core is designated which is not there (for example using -cpu3 on a dual
core system). We’ve found this to be very useful on some multi-core systems, especially Intel processors.
(Please note that the old –dual switch has been removed in favor of the below combination of more configurable
switches)

-SingleCpuStart : Starts the game in single CPU mode. Switches to multi CPU mode if available later. We’ve found
this to be useful on some multi-core systems, especially AMD processors.

-SingleCpuOrders : Starts the game in single CPU mode and stays in single CPU for the orders phase, switches to
multi CPU mode for running the turn, then switches back to single mode for the next orders phase. We’ve found
this to be useful on some multi-core systems, especially AMD processors. Use this or –SingleCpuStart, not both.

If used alone, the -cpu# switches will keep the game running on the CPU specified all the time. If used with the -
SingleCpuStart switch, it will only use that core when starting the game.

If used with the -SingleCpuOrders switch, it will stay in single CPU mode for starting and the orders phase, but will
run in multicore.

If one of the SingleCpu switches is used without a -cpu# switch, it will default to cpu 1 when it is in single core.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 172
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/11/2021 10:25:46 PM   
Ian R

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Tried with Seabee:

Yes, I know what -cpu does, but the recommendation was to go to cpu2 or cpu3 to have the benefit of that core's processing while cpu1 was handling all the background stuff.

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to littleike)
Post #: 173
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/12/2021 12:51:19 AM   
sstevens06

Just saw this thread. All I have to say is

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 174
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/12/2021 12:56:43 AM   
RangerJoe

I will still be quite awhile yet before it is done, I am sure.

― Julia Child

(in reply to sstevens06)
Post #: 175
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/12/2021 10:22:49 PM   
AndrewRFloyd

Thank you for communicating with us. This is my favorite all time game. What I would surely pay for would be a disk or download that I could install on my system and it would configure itself to my system and see many of the mods as options selectable in the start up menu. Also include the newer map mods using the latest graphics and put out a revised manual that I could hold in my hands in bed at night while thinking strategy. That would be a definite buy for me. Again, thanks for the consideration and respect for our community and we are looking forward to what you come up with.

Post #: 176
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/13/2021 8:03:19 AM   
Jellicoe

All brilliant news for which I am hugely grateful. I have just started another grand campaign as the old itch returned.

If we can somehow have tracker embedded that would be a huge assistance to those of us less technologically enabled. I know that you can play without tracker but Japan still remains an uncrossed frontier for me so any help is gratefully received

Not massively fussed on the map front in terms of image but would like the extended map option to be an easy click rather than multiple file overwrites etc. The same for stacking limits. I cant ever imagine playing without them in future

As I have already said, DBB for the database and flak please

But quite frankly just thank you for giving a bit of new love to an old classic

(in reply to AndrewRFloyd)
Post #: 177
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/13/2021 1:31:01 PM   
bwheatley

quote:

ORIGINAL: pz501

Thanks guys for the information regarding Alfred.

The responses were to say the least, educational, especially the picture of Michael Caine.

I'll leave everyone alone now, since I don't want to intrude any further into what appears to be a semi-private forum. Please forgive my ignorance. It won't happen again.

The only way you learn is by asking questions. :) Some people just have the beside manner of a chainsaw. All in all this is typically a pretty helpful forum. Don't be a stranger. <3

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to pz501)
Post #: 178
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/13/2021 2:40:15 PM   
HansBolter

Please don't embed Tracker if it is going to force me to save in the same slot over and over again.

I use every save slot, only overwriting a prior save after having filled every slot.

Tracker is useless to me.

< Message edited by HansBolter -- 12/13/2021 2:42:28 PM >

Hans

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 179
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/13/2021 3:46:17 PM   
BayardHamar

1. No bugs that are "game-breaking" and the rest will have been mentioned in the Tech Support-Forum already.

- Seabees for the initial setup of the command line switches and easier troubleshooting by changing them.
- Tracker for a better overview over many many things
- Several different maps and scenarios, so a way to easily change/add those would be good

3. None come to mind, but I'm also not a hardcore WITP:AE-player.

4. Currently I am using FUll HD as my display resolution with the following command lines thanks to SeaBees:

"InstallPath" -SingleCpuOrders -cpu3 -wd -pxf1900 -pyf1000 -deepColor -dd_sw -altFont -skipVideo -archive
This works best for me, although the setup is so far in the past I don't quite remember why

And although I don't use Intel Monkey or Combat Reporter yet, a better way to access / view / analyse intel-information and combat reports would be greatly appreciated.

And a big THANK YOU to the original WITP-AE team members volunteering their time!

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Making the last Beta Official Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI