Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Coming Soon

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm >> Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Coming Soon Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Coming Soon - 12/14/2021 2:48:49 PM   
Roby7979

Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm is a grand tactical wargame set at the height of the Cold War, with the action centered on the year 1989. As the force Commander, you will plan and then issue orders and Standard Operating Procedures to your battalion, brigade, or regimental forces shaping the fight by maneuver and your intent.

The game engine is based on asynchronous WEGO turns. This means you will issue orders then watch a variable amount of time unfold on the battlefield. Then issue or adjust orders to react to what has happened as you execute your battle plan.

Flashpoint Campaigns-Cold War: Southern Storm is a deep simulation of combat operations where your forces are arranged in maneuver units of companies, platoons, and sections of tanks, infantry fighting vehicles, infantry squads and teams, recon forces, engineers, air-defense and anti-tank systems, helicopters and more. As the Commander, you will need to use available off-map assets like long-range artillery, rockets, or airstrikes. You may be faced with the specter of using chemical or nuclear weapons to support your forces on the map and win the day.

Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Coming Soon

Official Product Page
Official Video 2 minutes

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Roby7979 -- 12/14/2021 2:52:22 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Coming Soon - 12/14/2021 7:17:41 PM   
theWombat

Those screenshots are exciting; love the UI rework, and the overall look of the game.

A few questions. Will the earlier game get a revamp to this standard, or will we be able to play the earlier scenarios via the new game engine? Or will they forever be two separate things? It would be very very good if we could continue to play the scenarios set elsewhere in Germany but with the bells and whistles of Southern Storm.

(in reply to Roby7979)
Post #: 2
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Coming Soon - 12/14/2021 8:36:39 PM   
cbelva

No, unfortunately the scenarios of Red Storm are not compatible with Southern Storm. There is more to Southern Storm than bells and whistles when compared to Red Storm. We do plan on adding more to Southern Storm through DLCs.

(in reply to theWombat)
Post #: 3
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Coming Soon - 12/14/2021 8:51:26 PM   
CapnDarwin

To add to what Charles points out above, the new Cold War game engine is basically a ground up rebuild of the Red Storm game engine in every area of the code. This does mean that Red Storm and Germany Reforged scenarios will not run on this game engine. As noted, we plan to have a very healthy DLC stream for the new system and the first offering late in 22 will be Central Storm. This DLC will be focused on revamping many of the Red Storm maps,scenarios, and campaigns,and revising the content to better align with the Central German front. After that we plan to head to Northern Germany and many places beyond that as we grow our content team.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to cbelva)
Post #: 4
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Coming Soon - 12/15/2021 2:24:11 AM   
theWombat

Ok, that seems fine. Just don't want to lose the main event (Fulda Gap, etc.). That always struck me as the primary area of importance, rather than the south. Though arguably the north would have been even more decisive.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 5
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Coming Soon - 12/15/2021 6:15:57 AM   
Galahad78

I immensely enjoyed Red Storm (although my pixeltruppen probably would not agree with me ) so this is going to be an insta buy!

Along above comments on Central Storm and Northern Storm, are plans to see other conflicts (Desert Storm, for example)?

(in reply to theWombat)
Post #: 6
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Coming Soon - 12/15/2021 7:17:43 AM   
kch

quote:

ORIGINAL: CapnDarwin

To add to what Charles points out above, the new Cold War game engine is basically a ground up rebuild of the Red Storm game engine in every area of the code. This does mean that Red Storm and Germany Reforged scenarios will not run on this game engine. As noted, we plan to have a very healthy DLC stream for the new system and the first offering late in 22 will be Central Storm. This DLC will be focused on revamping many of the Red Storm maps,scenarios, and campaigns,and revising the content to better align with the Central German front. After that we plan to head to Northern Germany and many places beyond that as we grow our content team.

quote:

(in reply to theWombat)

Sounds great! Please please please include some Southern Danish maps in the Northern German DLC :D

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 7
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Coming Soon - 12/15/2021 11:35:40 AM   
CapnDarwin

We hope to expand into many different places and times after release. How fast depends on the number of content creators we can add to the team to help with data, art, map locations, scenario design, and campaign design work. We want to get to it all, but it takes time to do these things and also keep improving the game engine.

(in reply to Galahad78)
Post #: 8
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Coming Soon - 12/15/2021 11:37:41 AM   
CapnDarwin

@kch, I believe we plan on a few maps in the area. Still in the very early stages on that of course.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 9
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Coming Soon - 12/18/2021 1:53:57 PM   
JohnOsb

Someone mention about dual-Monitor? I have three monitors and was wondering if I can have a map on one screen and the data on another screen?

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 10
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Coming Soon - 12/18/2021 2:11:03 PM   
cbelva

Yes, it supports dual monitor. I usually play with the map on my main monitor and all the other screens on the second.

(in reply to JohnOsb)
Post #: 11
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Coming Soon - 12/18/2021 3:09:19 PM   
JohnOsb

I have three monitors will it work with three?

(in reply to cbelva)
Post #: 12
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Coming Soon - 12/18/2021 4:46:09 PM   
cbelva

I don't know why it wouldn't. But let me check with the programmers to make sure.

(in reply to JohnOsb)
Post #: 13
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Coming Soon - 12/18/2021 7:14:22 PM   
cbelva

I checked with the powers that be. Yes, Southern Storm does support 3 monitors.

(in reply to cbelva)
Post #: 14
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Coming Soon - 12/18/2021 7:27:41 PM   
JohnOsb

That's great, thanks.

(in reply to cbelva)
Post #: 15
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Coming Soon - 12/22/2021 1:02:12 AM   
Panta_slith

I like the new look, the maps are clearer and the interface looks much improved. I am looking forward for the release of the game!

(in reply to JohnOsb)
Post #: 16
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Coming Soon - 2/2/2022 8:08:54 PM   
Jagger2002

comment based on faulty assumption...I removed.

< Message edited by Jagger2002 -- 2/2/2022 9:44:04 PM >

(in reply to Panta_slith)
Post #: 17
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Coming Soon - 2/3/2022 12:17:52 PM   
CapnDarwin

@Panta, we have done a basic rebuild of the whole interface to go along with all the new or deepened features. Lots of work by the team and we have a list of more features to add as we work to expand content post-release.

(in reply to Jagger2002)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm >> Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Coming Soon Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI