Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scen 24 - May 42

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Scen 24 - May 42 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scen 24 - May 42 - 12/8/2021 7:11:41 PM   
Andy Mac

Scen 24

OK here it is guys I dont have time to do the primary research to finish the May 42 Scenario its a mix of my own work and stuff I took from other scenarios

It is attached it is about 70% complete (estimate)

If you guys want to feed me changes and updates to get it to 100% I will include it and do an AI for it.

So there it is it is up to you guys - fix my errors in this thread and if we can knock it into shape I will include it.

I simply dont have the time to do the research on China, what forces are in Alaska have I got SWPAC locations in right place etc etc etc

So challenge to the forum feed me the changes based on attached and if we can get it done I will include it.

Andy

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Scen 24 - May 42 - 12/8/2021 7:13:24 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

Scen 24

OK here it is guys I dont have time to do the primary research to finish the May 42 Scenario its a mix of my own work and stuff I took from other scenarios

It is attached it is about 70% complete (estimate)

If you guys want to feed me changes and updates to get it to 100% I will include it and do an AI for it.

So there it is it is up to you guys - fix my errors in this thread and if we can knock it into shape I will include it.

I simply dont have the time to do the research on China, what forces are in Alaska have I got SWPAC locations in right place etc etc etc

So challenge to the forum feed me the changes based on attached and if we can get it done I will include it.

Andy

Thanks for your amazing work anyway!

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 2
RE: Scen 24 - May 42 - 12/8/2021 7:13:36 PM   
Andy Mac

Hold for Change Log

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 3
RE: Scen 24 - May 42 - 12/8/2021 11:35:01 PM   
Admiral DadMan

I've got a few things. I'll get them to you

Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 4
RE: Scen 24 - May 42 - 12/18/2021 11:09:56 PM   
Andy Mac

Any feedback on this one from anyone as I said its at about 70% which is too low to release with patch so up to community either we get it to 95% or I scratch it !!!

(in reply to Admiral DadMan)
Post #: 5
RE: Scen 24 - May 42 - 12/19/2021 1:28:45 PM   
Admiral DadMan

I'm going to dive into it this mornining.

Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 6
RE: Scen 24 - May 42 - 12/19/2021 2:46:07 PM   
btd64

quote:

ORIGINAL: Admiral DadMan

I'm going to dive into it this mornining.

I may have a list of starting locations for U.S. Army units....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to Admiral DadMan)
Post #: 7
RE: Scen 24 - May 42 - 12/31/2021 12:10:45 PM   
Andy Mac

OK go/no go on this scenario is this week so for me its no go its simply not close enough to be ready

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 8
RE: Scen 24 - May 42 - 12/31/2021 2:44:03 PM   
Kull

Kudos for giving it a shot, but these mid-war campaign scenarios aren't AI projects so much as a massive unit reconfiguration and repositioning exercise. The vast majority of units from the 12/7 campaign will be in different locations and that is a daunting research project all by itself.

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 9
RE: Scen 24 - May 42 - 1/13/2022 2:38:13 AM   
spence

If anybody works on this project in the future I did find out that the USS Hornet sailed from Pearl Harbor on April 30 1942 towards the Coral Sea (too late). Presumably she was in company with USS Enterprise and her task force. Scenario 24 puts her in the Eastern US and USS Enterprise in Pearl Harbor. USS Saratoga is also in PH but she was in San Diego undergoing repair/refitting from a torpedo hit in Jan 42. She did not get underway with repairs/refitting completed until June 7 which is why she missed the Battle of Midway.

I also notice that HIJMS Akagi, Soryu and Hiryu are completely absent from the scenario. HiJMS Kaga is also absent but she was in some sort of repair status due to a grounding in Staring Bay back in Feb 42 which was completed in Japan around 1 May.

For IJN ships the best source (with only a little bit of interpolation) is probably
COMBINED FLEET.COM.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 10
RE: Scen 24 - May 42 - 1/17/2022 1:22:31 AM   
spence

I agree that the biggest problem with this scenario is that many units have redeployed. Assuming that I sorta want to play a scenario beginning around May 1st 42 (and ending about a year later with a complete map so that there are no artificial limits on strategic options) I have a (beginning) question. I have no experience with the editor therefore claim total ignorance thereof.

1) If a ship starts out in the Campaign Game in a TF how can one change it to starting out this game in a port instead (or vice versus)?

< Message edited by spence -- 1/17/2022 1:23:42 AM >

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 11
RE: Scen 24 - May 42 - 1/17/2022 3:07:35 AM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: spence

I agree that the biggest problem with this scenario is that many units have redeployed. Assuming that I sorta want to play a scenario beginning around May 1st 42 (and ending about a year later with a complete map so that there are no artificial limits on strategic options) I have a (beginning) question. I have no experience with the editor therefore claim total ignorance thereof.

1) If a ship starts out in the Campaign Game in a TF how can one change it to starting out this game in a port instead (or vice versus)?

That's pretty easy - the hard part is doing it for a few thousand ships, lol.

Go to your "Manuals" folder in the game directory, and there's a file called "WITPAE-Editor.pdf". Page 19 is where you'll find section 3.3 Ships, and page 21 tells you how to set/change the location.

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 12
RE: Scen 24 - May 42 - 1/18/2022 11:35:34 PM   
spence

The KB (less Kaga) had been in nearly continuous operation since sailing for the attack on Pearl Harbor (they had not been long in a major port from January- April in any case). Does anybody have a good source for the the maintenance required by the ships of the KB after their extended deployment? "Shattered Sword" and Combinedfleet.com mention "a quick refit" but doesn't go into what was required by any particular ship. Other than training and the 'quick refit' none of these ships did anything significant until sailing for Midway

(The Kaga ran aground in February which limited its speed to 18 kts and missed the Indian Ocean deployment (and the Battle of the Coral Sea) due to it being in drydock until May 4th.)

Shokaku and Zuikaku were ordered to Truk when they returned from the Indian Ocean Ops around the end of April 42. Truk could not drydock or otherwise provide any significant maintenance support. These two ships were newer than the rest of the KB which probably meant that they needed less of a refit. Does anyone have a good source for what they did need though (I don't think so but did it effect their operations at Coral Sea?)?

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 13
RE: Scen 24 - May 42 - 1/20/2022 3:17:37 PM   
USSAmerica

I gave the old May 1, 1942 start scenario a go a few years ago. One thing that I felt needed to be adjusted was the amount of supply in China. Assuming the Burma Road would have been providing 500 supply/day for at least a couple of months, it seemed to me that more could have been added to the starting stockpile in Chungking at the scenario start. As it stood, China was already crippled and starving at the start from lack of supply.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Scen 24 - May 42 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI