Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Editor GUI-UnitDamage modification can trigger events

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Editor GUI-UnitDamage modification can trigger events Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Editor GUI-UnitDamage modification can trigger events - 11/21/2021 1:40:35 PM   
KnightHawk75

Editor GUI-UnitDamage modification now can trigger events.

So it's possible I just now noticed this new'ish addition (1147.3x?). Modifying a units damage from the gui while in the editor will trigger an associated damage-event-trigger as if the game is running for units who would qualifiy for an existing active event containing an applicable unitdamage-trigger. This can be nice for very simple-testing, this can also be not-nice-at-all when one forgets to first disable said event(s) before modification to a unit. If one forgets it could trigger a whole chain of undesired/unintended actions being executed.

My question is just was this an intentional change from the past? If so, so be it, just want to know if it's something to now always be very careful of or if it's not meant to act this way with the editor paused.

att: trigger-UnitDmgUnitDestroyed-postfire2.zip
Repo: Load scene, pause if not paused. Note the Red NSG-Buoy targeted by munitions. Switch to side Red. Select that buoy, select damage-ctrl, change damage percent from 50.8 to 51.8. The > 51.0 event trigger fires.

Version: 1147.36 + db3k491

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Editor GUI-UnitDamage modification can trigger events - 11/22/2021 9:48:01 AM   
michaelm75au

I believe that has always been the case; it is based on the damage percent change on the unit, not the GUI. I don't think it has an exception to ignore the trigger when in SE mode.

Michael

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 2
RE: Editor GUI-UnitDamage modification can trigger events - 11/23/2021 4:03:15 PM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm75au

I believe that has always been the case; it is based on the damage percent change on the unit, not the GUI. I don't think it has an exception to ignore the trigger when in SE mode.

If that's the case I can't believe this is the first time I've run across it triggering while editing, it's possible i guess, but the first time I came across it having worked a lot with dmg triggers. I'll take it as entirely intentional then though. Thanks for the answer!

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 3
RE: Editor GUI-UnitDamage modification can trigger events - 12/21/2021 8:52:18 AM   
jannas34

another bug that wont get fixed

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Editor GUI-UnitDamage modification can trigger events Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI