Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Taiwan Blitz: Possible strategy guide?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: DLCs >> Command: Chains of War >> Taiwan Blitz: Possible strategy guide? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Taiwan Blitz: Possible strategy guide? - 9/3/2019 11:15:33 PM   
Eboreg

I'm playing through Taiwan Blitz now and I'm starting to get a little lost with no real roadmap. I manage to set up the EMP blasts just fine giving me time to take out a few key bits of defense infrastructure and start a major air war over the Taiwan Straight but I pretty soon start taking heavy air losses (not as heavy as Taiwan, though) and there's no way to take out any air defenses or shipping with all the enemy fighters overhead. And to top it all off, when the air war is still really hot and I'm starting to run low on vital PL-15 missiles, the SAM batteries start recovering their radars! Am I really expected to carry out two separate EMP attacks? Is that why I'm given 8 nukes when I only really need 4 for the first strike? Or is there something I'm missing here?
Post #: 1
RE: Taiwan Blitz: Possible strategy guide? - 9/3/2019 11:35:47 PM   
Raptorx7_slith

Try using your tactical ballistic missiles against their airbases, IIRC you have some DF-16 with dedicated anti-runway munitions. If your EMP attack went well there shouldn't be much left to intercept them!

(in reply to Eboreg)
Post #: 2
RE: Taiwan Blitz: Possible strategy guide? - 9/4/2019 12:27:25 AM   
Eboreg

I tried that but they weren't really doing that much damage. Do I need to use the ones with the Penetrators because I'm actually saving those for use against the underground Army barracks.

(in reply to Raptorx7_slith)
Post #: 3
RE: Taiwan Blitz: Possible strategy guide? - 9/4/2019 10:04:41 AM   
Ancalagon451

The scenario has points to spare, so it's better if you just forget about the underground bunkers and use the penetrators to cut the runways instead.

Ancalagon

(in reply to Eboreg)
Post #: 4
RE: Taiwan Blitz: Possible strategy guide? - 9/5/2019 1:15:34 AM   
Tailhook

You have aircraft that can equip penetrating bombs, save those for the barracks and command centers because they're not as time critical. Taking out as many of the airbases with as much of their jets on the ground as possible is very important. I think 2 penetrators per runway and 1 per runway grade taxiway is sufficient, although you might want to pad that.

(in reply to Ancalagon451)
Post #: 5
RE: Taiwan Blitz: Possible strategy guide? - 9/5/2019 2:09:13 AM   
Eboreg

I managed to beat the scenario now. Did it by aiming pretty much every ballistic missile possible at the runways and taxiways while saving a few DF-11s for critical targets. I didn't shut down all of the airbases but I did manage to get enough and de-plane the rest. Also, a little birdy told me that the Rebels were planning to use two airbases that managed to escape the initial carnage to launch some pretty significant strikes at my assets so I just blasted all of the remaining runways and taxiways on those airbases with a massive salvo of air-launched cruise missiles. And, oh yeah, I also launched two more nukes just to make sure the Rebel Patriot batteries weren't able to stay active. The underground bunkers managed to remain unscathed but I more than made up for the point loss with the amount of Rebel warships sunk (including one rather memorable moment when I sunk 4 PCFGs with 1 laser-guided bomb ).

(in reply to Tailhook)
Post #: 6
RE: Taiwan Blitz: Possible strategy guide? - 12/30/2021 5:36:48 PM   
westminster

I tried that, did not stop Taiwan air force from launching aircraft. Not sure if the Nukes did much, still enemy SAM's with their limitless amount of missiles.

(in reply to Eboreg)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: DLCs >> Command: Chains of War >> Taiwan Blitz: Possible strategy guide? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI