Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Conquest of minors...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Conquest of minors... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Conquest of minors... - 12/27/2021 5:43:37 PM   
abulbulian

It's been a while since I played the early game with Japanese. I can't remember if there are key cities to take for the conquest of the Dutch East Indies, Sarawak/North Borneo, Malaya and Burma. The question is do I have to take all the cities in these countries/regions or just key ones for a conquest?

thanks

- Beta Tester WitE and ATG
- Alpha/Beta Tester WitW and WitE2

"Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." - Sun Tzu
Post #: 1
RE: Conquest of minors... - 12/27/2021 11:04:31 PM   
Platoonist

There really isn't a mechanism is the game where minor nations like Australia or New Zealand or colonies like the Dutch East Indies are considered "conquered" and lay down all their arms because key points are taken. Any remaining units, air, land or sea will simply keep fighting on from wherever remaining locations they may be in. Even if on foreign soil.

(in reply to abulbulian)
Post #: 2
RE: Conquest of minors... - 12/30/2021 6:31:23 PM   
abulbulian

ok, so have to take all the cities in general for complete conquest. There are no triggers for a county or area to surrender. That would be a nice addition to the game.

"Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." - Sun Tzu

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 3
RE: Conquest of minors... - 12/30/2021 7:00:00 PM   
GetAssista

quote:

ORIGINAL: abulbulian
ok, so have to take all the cities in general for complete conquest. There are no triggers for a county or area to surrender. That would be a nice addition to the game.

There is victory points that can trigger untimely end to the game. And cities carry some of those.

Otherwise Allies never surrender. They can have their unit arrival locations blocked though.
Japan has Thai part ways in 44 but this all is resolved through units withdrawal in this game. Cities only matter as bases and some as unit arrival locations, territories do not matter. Though some patches of land matter as trigger conditions for emergency reinforcements if enemy appears there.

(in reply to abulbulian)
Post #: 4
RE: Conquest of minors... - 12/30/2021 7:48:21 PM   
abulbulian

I like the detail in the game for sure, but if some of the historical areas surrendered when they lost certain key cities it would help some of the micro management. Taking all the little empty insignificant spots is a bit tedious. If a place had allied troops w/supplies than they could hold out, sure.

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Conquest of minors... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI