Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 [13] 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 4/19/2021 3:10:16 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: tomeck48

Per your instructions I am trying to set up an AWS TF in Dutch Harbor. YP72 is supposed to go to 168,51, then to 169,47 and return to DH. How and where do I turn on the hex coordinates?

2 Week rookie.

To set up a patrolling TF, the TF must start with "Return to Base" and the home base as target. Then you go to the Routing Screen and Choose Set Patrol Zone. Just click on the one, two or three hexes you want to set as end points for each patrol leg and you are done. A one hex patrol will of course stay in that hex.

If one of the end points is a port base, you can set the TF to refuel there before it leaves on the next leg. That obviates the TF breaking patrol to go back to home port to refuel.

Ships at sea do accumulate systems and engineering damage and sometimes collide with each other, so check in on the patrol about once a week, and watch for notices in the Ops report about problems.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to tomeck48)
Post #: 361
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 4/19/2021 3:32:35 AM   
tomeck48

Wow,that was fast. I think I get that part of it, but my point was that the spreadsheet says to set the first leg from Dutch Harbor to hex 168,51. I don't want to hunt and peck the hexes. Is there some way to get a display of hex coordinates?

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 362
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 4/19/2021 3:47:29 AM   
Nomad

No, you just have to pick a hex. You can repick the hex if you need to.

(in reply to tomeck48)
Post #: 363
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 4/19/2021 7:43:55 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

Wow,that was fast. I think I get that part of it, but my point was that the spreadsheet says to set the first leg from Dutch Harbor to hex 168,51. I don't want to hunt and peck the hexes. Is there some way to get a display of hex coordinates?

Start with DH selected and look at its coordinates - a mouse rollover will do that. Now just count the number of hex rows down you need to go and the number of hexes east or west you need to go on that row. You should arrive on the hex you want or at the one next to it (because hex rows are interlocked with the rows above an below them by half a hex, they cause the X number for the hexes to be one number further ahead in one row than the next one above or below).

You will not have to find an open ocean hex all that often so it is not as big a problem as it seems on the first turn.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to tomeck48)
Post #: 364
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 4/21/2021 3:35:53 AM   
Kull

quote:

Setting patrol zones is time consuming, especially when you are creating ALL of them. Submarines are the worst, but at least you can choose "patrol around" and pick an ocean hex in each submarines' designated zone (I title all sub patrol zones, so you should have no trouble identifying the target area). The computer won't choose the same set of hexes as those in the spreadsheet, but no biggie, believe me.

For surface ASW, there isn't a similar shortcut, but you can set your own zones. Think about a "triangle" within 2-5 hexes of the home port (as BBfanboy notes, the third hex is always a refuel stop at Port X). There's no wrong answer, the idea is to become familiar with the process of setting up patrol zones (although with small vessels like the YP, be sure that your patrol zone doesn't exceed their range).

< Message edited by Kull -- 4/21/2021 3:39:47 AM >

(in reply to tomeck48)
Post #: 365
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 8/4/2021 7:16:47 PM   
ggeilman

Luckily I was always detail oriented so setting up all the subs was like a big puzzle. I have had to do a lot worse on some of my jobs in the past. I was involved in picking up the pieces of several failed bank computer conversions in the 90s. Had to trace each transaction one at a time.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 366
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 8/4/2021 11:11:24 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: ggeilman

Luckily I was always detail oriented so setting up all the subs was like a big puzzle. I have had to do a lot worse on some of my jobs in the past. I was involved in picking up the pieces of several failed bank computer conversions in the 90s. Had to trace each transaction one at a time.

I hope you discovered that the 6 key shows ship/sub patrol zones that have been set. When you are trying to set up interlocking patrols this is a big help to see what is already covered.

(in reply to ggeilman)
Post #: 367
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 8/4/2021 11:45:09 PM   
ggeilman

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

I hope you discovered that the 6 key shows ship/sub patrol zones that have been set. When you are trying to set up interlocking patrols this is a big help to see what is already covered.

Thanks, I even printed out the Hot Key list looking for this!!! Much appreciated!!! Is there one for subs?

< Message edited by ggeilman -- 8/4/2021 11:48:54 PM >

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 368
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 8/5/2021 12:33:32 AM   
Kull

quote:

Thanks, I even printed out the Hot Key list looking for this!!! Much appreciated!!! Is there one for subs?

Back on page 6 of this thread, I have two attachments that swap the Credits and the Hotkey screens. If you download and install them (it's very simple), the Hotkey list will always be available by clicking the "Credits" button at the top right of your game screen. No more searching for printouts or looking for them in the manual. Very handy.

Oh, and the "6" key displays sub patrol zones too.

< Message edited by Kull -- 8/5/2021 12:36:15 AM >

(in reply to ggeilman)
Post #: 369
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 9/25/2021 9:13:17 AM   
clamel

I got what might be a silly question on a situation with too heavy equipment not unloading.
In you spreasheet you got an optional suggestion that I wonder why it's even there.
It's the 56th Coastal Artillery Rgt (LCU 5601)
You say this in comments on it
Strat Move Mode, Rail to LA, Set Objective: Channel Islands (Optional: Load on TF and move to Channel Islands)

I picked a ship smaller than 6000 tons so it would be able to dock at Channel Island but then I of course got stuck with those heavy 155mm guns.
They have been sitting on the nice Channel Island for almost a month and not a single one is off the ship.
Then noticing that the unit actually is ticked as Removing 28 Feb -42, in just a few days for me.

I can't see should be any option at all as far as I understand. How would I get those guns off the ship just by following the spreadsheet ?
The port is 1 and of course no Naval Support.

Now I do have other issues with heavy equipment not unloading at other places, but that's my bad judgement. This "order" I picked from this brilliant sheet,
so I gathering it was no problem or issue attached to it.

Since I get no info in the game (what I can see) that it is totally impossible to unload some equipment it's hard to know if and how long one should leave the ship at the base in hope it would eventually unload. Or just give up and send it back with the heavies. Which create a new problem of course.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 370
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 9/25/2021 9:50:23 AM   
Alfred

clamel,

Your basic mistake here is that you have automatically assumed which type of task force to use in this instance. Kull hasn't specified you use a transport task force. You need to learn and understand the different characteristics of amphibious and transport/cargo task forces.

1. Start with s.6.1.1.1 of the manual for a basic description of the different types of task forces in the game.

2. Then move onto s.6.3.2.1 of the manual for a basic understanding of the amount of space occupied in ship cargo holds by the different types of devices.

3. Ss.6.3.2.2 and 6.3.2.3 of the manual then expand on the practical impact of the different device types on cargo hold utilization.

4. Pages 127-128 of the manual build on the preceding concepts and explain the appropriate situations to use an amphibious or transport task force.

There is much more contained in the manual about loading and unloading of task forces but the above is the basic ground to master first.

Alfred

(in reply to clamel)
Post #: 371
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 9/25/2021 12:02:36 PM   
clamel

Thanks a million.
I might need to read that thing even more carefully. It's a massive game and a massive manual. That struggling with all the new stuff in patches.
It's a bit tricky to get ones head around all the details in this beast, so very glad to get either direct answers or these nice pointers where to look. It's a bit overwhelming.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 372
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 9/25/2021 1:45:08 PM   
Kull

Reading the manual the first time can be an eye-glazing exercise, since it's hard to put all that information in context. Nevertheless, it's important that you do so as the spreadsheet assumes you have at least some idea of how things are supposed to work. Reading it a second time, after playing the game for a few days or weeks, is a COMPLETELY different experience. You will be amazed how often you find yourself nodding your head, as each previously incoherent section suddenly makes total sense.

As to this particular unit.....in most cases, the spreadsheet holds your hand tightly and guides you along the path....but that is not the case here. Why? Well, it's an opportunity to figure things out for yourself, quickly, and in a location where nobody is shooting at you. One of the most important things a player needs to understand is how to move units by sea to island destinations. And as you have discovered, transport mode vs. amphibious REALLY matters, and just as important are the kinds of vessels that will transport each unit. Even if your transport mode was correct, but you had chosen to carry it in xAP and xAK ships.....well, it will take a LOT longer to unload because unlike AK and AP vessels, there isn't a built-in ship-to-shore capability. And while spending more time than necessary is inconvenient in friendly locales, on a hostile shore it means that unit (and others) will be coming ashore in dribs and drabs, and, well, your casualties will be enormous.

So this was an opportunity - an optional one - for you to pick up some never-to-be-forgotten knowledge. And I'd say it worked!

(in reply to clamel)
Post #: 373
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 9/25/2021 5:23:36 PM   
clamel

Spot on Kull, that part, the differnce the AP/AK without the little x have is now obvious to be the key in some cases. My bad only to look at size, speed on cargoship and size of port and Naval Support, since I haven't reached time yet to start advancing with all the power of Amphbious plus/negativ issues.
It's true I picked a xAK for those 155mm guns. So a proper AK, small enough to dock would have unloaded those 155mm heavies ?
As you say one learn a bit every time one advance forward. That's what makes this game truly good.
I'm trying to follow some YT blokes and trying to pick their brains and sure enough some new "A-Ha" experience comes along in every episode (almost).
That and the great help one get on this forum is superb.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 374
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 9/25/2021 5:44:31 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: clamel

Spot on Kull, that part, the differnce the AP/AK without the little x have is now obvious to be the key in some cases. My bad only to look at size, speed on cargoship and size of port and Naval Support, since I haven't reached time yet to start advancing with all the power of Amphbious plus/negativ issues.
It's true I picked a xAK for those 155mm guns. So a proper AK, small enough to dock would have unloaded those 155mm heavies ?
As you say one learn a bit every time one advance forward. That's what makes this game truly good.
I'm trying to follow some YT blokes and trying to pick their brains and sure enough some new "A-Ha" experience comes along in every episode (almost).
That and the great help one get on this forum is superb.

In my first game I tried to pick up 6" (152mm) CD guns from one of the islands west of Colombo using xAPs, xAKs and then xAKLs. IIRC the port was size 1. On the first attempt a gun was lost in the water and none were loaded; I figured out that I should have docked a ship to do that but the xAP and xAK were too big to dock. So I sent the xAKL from Colombo, docked it - and dropped the next gun in the water without loading any. Thinking it may be a random kind of thing, I tried again and ... dropped another gun in the water.

At that point I gave up, deciding to build the port before trying again. Months later when the port was level 2 I tried again and - dropped the last gun in the water.

I suspect the load cost of the item is compared with port resources (load capacity per turn, presumed dock capacity, crane capacity on the xAKL and ?) to determine if the item could be handled. At any rate, after that I learned to consider docking capacity, naval support (which does not help at ports with SPS 0) and ship type for heavy objects. Radars require a lot of loading/unloading support.

(in reply to clamel)
Post #: 375
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 9/25/2021 6:28:56 PM   
RangerJoe

For small ports, amphibious TFs may be better.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 376
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 9/25/2021 8:57:35 PM   
BBfanboy

Certainly true for smaller stuff, but I have tried with large items and they typically do not unload. A size 1 port would not have a lighter big enough to handle the weight of a 6" CD gun (which may be heavier because of armour than a army arty type gun of the same caliber). And if the ship does not have a crane that can handle it ...it goes where the ship goes!

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 377
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 9/25/2021 9:29:24 PM   
clamel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull
Even if your transport mode was correct, but you had chosen to carry it in xAP and xAK ships.....well, it will take a LOT longer to unload because unlike AK and AP vessels, there isn't a built-in ship-to-shore capability. And while spending more time than necessary is inconvenient in friendly locales, on a hostile shore it means that unit (and others) will be coming ashore in dribs and drabs, and, well, your casualties will be enormous.

So this was an opportunity - an optional one - for you to pick up some never-to-be-forgotten knowledge. And I'd say it worked!

I understand this could be true, but really can't find anything of this in the manual. Exclude Amph TF, but just a normal cargo TF. Lots of tables in the manual but I can't grasp what makes a AK unload faster than a xAK of same size and in same size port.

Blunt saying that I can't even find if these 155mm guns can unload in time or not at all. Some tables I read got numbers that is far lower than the 1440 that ship got on those guns. Since it stuck for several days I just deduct it can never unload.
The message I read in the Op Rep say TF can not completely unload at Channel Island.
That might be info enough.
But I can't mathematical see numbers on why not.

I do see the tables with the size of ship that can dock in ports of different sizes but not that specific equipment had a play.
I got these 3 guns at Load cost 480 each (155mm M1918) laod cost for them in database is 60
In a Capacity Usage table in Manual I find load cost for Heavy(load cost > 9) is 3Xload.
So 480x3 then = 1440
Well what now. How do I understand that these will not ever unload ?
I looked in this 6.3.3.2.4 SHIP AND PORT LOAD ABILITY TABLE and found not numbers I grasp in this case.
I read this too, which don't indicate a total stop

6.3.3.3.1 NORMAL UNLOADING
2. Port Rate Limitations: The Daily Port Rate applies to Loading and
Unloading together. If a Loading TF uses 70% of the Daily Port
Rate, then only 30% remains available for Unloading

Sorry if I just don't see this. Most searches in forum comes up with amph problem or speed of unloading, not total stop.

Edit:
at last I found this thread.
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3903886

It also state in that htread
"Typically the xAK/xAP won't unload heavy equipment (radars, tractors, etc) unless it can dock at the base. If it can't dock, it won't unload them or may take an excruciatingly long time to do so w/ naval support at the base."
But in my case my ship is docked in a port 1.

< Message edited by clamel -- 9/25/2021 9:45:31 PM >

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 378
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 9/25/2021 9:38:08 PM   
clamel

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

In my first game I tried to pick up 6" (152mm) CD guns from one of the islands west of Colombo using xAPs, xAKs and then xAKLs. IIRC the port was size 1. On the first attempt a gun was lost in the water and none were loaded; I figured out that I should have docked a ship to do that but the xAP and xAK were too big to dock. So I sent the xAKL from Colombo, docked it - and dropped the next gun in the water without loading any. Thinking it may be a random kind of thing, I tried again and ... dropped another gun in the water.

At that point I gave up, deciding to build the port before trying again. Months later when the port was level 2 I tried again and - dropped the last gun in the water.

I suspect the load cost of the item is compared with port resources (load capacity per turn, presumed dock capacity, crane capacity on the xAKL and ?) to determine if the item could be handled. At any rate, after that I learned to consider docking capacity, naval support (which does not help at ports with SPS 0) and ship type for heavy objects. Radars require a lot of loading/unloading support.

I got an Amphib ship stuck on North Male with a Sound Detector it can't unload. So this is an Amphibious not docked ship. Not even that thing can be dragged on to the beach. Find that weird. But if I could I would dump it in the Indian Ocean and sail away.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 379
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 9/25/2021 10:32:41 PM   
RangerJoe

Move the ship somewhere else to unload it. Once you get things like LSTs, they will unload 1000 tons per unloading phase.

― Julia Child

(in reply to clamel)
Post #: 380
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 9/25/2021 10:39:48 PM   
Alfred

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull
Even if your transport mode was correct, but you had chosen to carry it in xAP and xAK ships.....well, it will take a LOT longer to unload because unlike AK and AP vessels, there isn't a built-in ship-to-shore capability. And while spending more time than necessary is inconvenient in friendly locales, on a hostile shore it means that unit (and others) will be coming ashore in dribs and drabs, and, well, your casualties will be enormous.

I understand this could be true, but really can't find anything of this in the manual. Exclude Amph TF, but just a normal cargo TF. Lots of tables in the manual but I can't grasp what makes a AK unload faster than a xAK of same size and in same size port.

Blunt saying that I can't even find if these 155mm guns can unload in time or not at all. Some tables I read got numbers that is far lower than the 1440 that ship got on those guns. Since it stuck for several days I just deduct it can never unload.
The message I read in the Op Rep say TF can not completely unload at Channel Island.
That might be info enough.
But I can't mathematical see numbers on why not.

I do see the tables with the size of ship that can dock in ports of different sizes but not that specific equipment had a play.
I got these 3 guns at Load cost 480 each (155mm M1918) laod cost for them in database is 60
In a Capacity Usage table in Manual I find load cost for Heavy(load cost > 9) is 3Xload.
So 480x3 then = 1440
Well what now. How do I understand that these will not ever unload ?
I looked in this 6.3.3.2.4 SHIP AND PORT LOAD ABILITY TABLE and found not numbers I grasp in this case.
I read this too, which don't indicate a total stop

6.3.3.3.1 NORMAL UNLOADING
2. Port Rate Limitations: The Daily Port Rate applies to Loading and
Unloading together. If a Loading TF uses 70% of the Daily Port
Rate, then only 30% remains available for Unloading

Sorry if I just don't see this. Most searches in forum comes up with amph problem or speed of unloading, not total stop.

Edit:
at last I found this thread.
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3903886

It also state in that htread
"Typically the xAK/xAP won't unload heavy equipment (radars, tractors, etc) unless it can dock at the base. If it can't dock, it won't unload them or may take an excruciatingly long time to do so w/ naval support at the base."
But in my case my ship is docked in a port 1.

The numbers are provided in the manual where I directed you to look up.

I don't provide useless information in my posts because I tend to recheck the source material to confirm it is on point before I answer. As this forum isn't good enough for you I suggest you direct your future questions to all those great YouTubers who are obviously brilliant in fully explaining everything about AE. Makes one wonder why anyone who watches them even bothers coming to this forum for anything.

Alfred

(in reply to clamel)
Post #: 381
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 9/26/2021 5:14:54 PM   
clamel

That was hard words Alfred, on someone just wishes to get some directions.
You did point me in the correct path and as you say those numbers can be used.

But it wouldn't hurt to be a bit nicer to folks fumbling around a great game trying to understand it.
That attitude is scaring away new players, which I think isn't any good. If help is needed one ask it and I know you always have very precis answers and 100% correct, but now and then in the deeper sense. It's a more casual answers someone now and then seek.
Did I really say this forum isn't good enough. You really got that wrong.

I have deep respect for the folks in this forum that have years of knowledge but I have never seen "The experts" in most gameforums almost beheading newbies.

This is a game Alfred and if you are kind enough to answer questions you could be nicer about it.
Not a very nice way to also behead some YouTubers that actually try to teach newbies the basic stuff in this game.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 382
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 9/26/2021 6:10:38 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

That was hard words Alfred, on someone just wishes to get some directions.
You did point me in the correct path and as you say those numbers can be used.

But it wouldn't hurt to be a bit nicer to folks fumbling around a great game trying to understand it.
That attitude is scaring away new players, which I think isn't any good. If help is needed one ask it and I know you always have very precis answers and 100% correct, but now and then in the deeper sense. It's a more casual answers someone now and then seek.
Did I really say this forum isn't good enough. You really got that wrong.

I have deep respect for the folks in this forum that have years of knowledge but I have never seen "The experts" in most gameforums almost beheading newbies.

This is a game Alfred and if you are kind enough to answer questions you could be nicer about it.
Not a very nice way to also behead some YouTubers that actually try to teach newbies the basic stuff in this game.

While I have not seen the youtube videos, I have read reports from experienced players on them. Therefore, I will not waste my time on those. You also need to look at the experience of the people making those youtube videos.

You would be better off reading past AARs from experienced players. Inexperienced players who have AARs have received good advice from people and it has improved their game play. If an experienced player starts an AAR, then I suggest that you join in. I do not believe that anyone would chastise you for asking questions about the whys and wherefores about what they are doing.

Also, I bumped a thread about searching the forums. I suggest that you read it if you have not done so. I also suggest that you bookmark threads that may have interest to you, especially ones that have links to other threads as well as ones that have descriptions of the various parts of the game and links to threads with more detailed discussions.

― Julia Child

(in reply to clamel)
Post #: 383
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 9/28/2021 6:53:45 AM   
Professor Chaos

Public Service Announcement:

The Spreadsheet is easier to use if you sort the columns in the following order: First B, then D, then E, then L, then F.

That puts all the ships designated for the same TF together, so you can build the TF from the ships in port much more efficiently.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 384
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 9/29/2021 2:38:13 AM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Chaos

The Spreadsheet is easier to use if you sort the columns in the following order: First B, then D, then E, then L, then F.

That puts all the ships designated for the same TF together, so you can build the TF from the ships in port much more efficiently.

Why would a professor Chaos want to make things easier and more sensible?

― Julia Child

(in reply to Professor Chaos)
Post #: 385
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 9/29/2021 10:33:08 AM   
btd64

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

Doesn't make any sense does it. ....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 386
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 9/30/2021 1:46:04 AM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: btd64

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

Doesn't make any sense does it. ....GP

Nope, not at all.

Then again, the only part of the government that does is the MINT!

― Julia Child

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 387
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 1/5/2022 9:00:19 PM   
Zovs

So I am running through your spreadsheet and it's quite simply fantastic! Its kind of like a tutorial of sorts. I do highly recommend any newbie like myself to first read the manual (it took me about two and half weeks in Dec. to read through it at a leisurely pace), it answers and gives you a fairly good insight into the game. I tried the Coral Sea scenario while reading but just jumped into a CG in late Dec. I have a good friend named Larry who sent me two zip files with some answers to some questions I had plus a few email strings and that was also really helpful.

So using this great spreadsheet I sorted by region and stared walking through from A-Z. Things are very clear and your first page intro really helped out.

As I am going through the list (I still don't quite grasp the concept of the four types of restricts, but gather I must spend PP to change the HQ at one point to move them to other bases), I have come to Australian and Adelaide and the spreadsheet instructions say to move the '6th Australian Brigade' but I see the 3rd Australian Bde and the 6th Aus Cav Bde.

So are the instructions for the 6th Aus Cav Bde or the 3rd Aus Inf Bde?

This is a PBEM game with my buddy Larry, and on first load it had me update the database. So not 100% if the stock scenario was changed or if he setup a special scenario so if that is the issues then no worries and that is on me.

Anyway thanks Kull for such an awesome tool!

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 388
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 1/5/2022 9:08:10 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zovs

So I am running through your spreadsheet and it's quite simply fantastic! Its kind of like a tutorial of sorts. I do highly recommend any newbie like myself to first read the manual (it took me about two and half weeks in Dec. to read through it at a leisurely pace), it answers and gives you a fairly good insight into the game. I tried the Coral Sea scenario while reading but just jumped into a CG in late Dec. I have a good friend named Larry who sent me two zip files with some answers to some questions I had plus a few email strings and that was also really helpful.

So using this great spreadsheet I sorted by region and stared walking through from A-Z. Things are very clear and your first page intro really helped out.

As I am going through the list (I still don't quite grasp the concept of the four types of restricts, but gather I must spend PP to change the HQ at one point to move them to other bases), I have come to Australian and Adelaide and the spreadsheet instructions say to move the '6th Australian Brigade' but I see the 3rd Australian Bde and the 6th Aus Cav Bde.

So are the instructions for the 6th Aus Cav Bde or the 3rd Aus Inf Bde?

This is a PBEM game with my buddy Larry, and on first load it had me update the database. So not 100% if the stock scenario was changed or if he setup a special scenario so if that is the issues then no worries and that is on me.

Anyway thanks Kull for such an awesome tool!

Not having used the spreadsheet nor even opened it so I can't be sure of what the intent is but just ask yourself "What is the purpose of moving this unit to another location?" If it is for defense, then send the infantry. If you want to smash and grab things, and then depart the AO, then send in the CAVALRY!

Attachment (1)

― Julia Child

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 389
RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE - 1/5/2022 10:23:44 PM   
Zovs

+1 lol

We always send the cav first!

Scouts Out!

LLMF

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 390
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 12 [13] 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: Allies Set-up Spreadsheet for AE Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 [13] 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI