Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The story so far (out of reach)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> The story so far (out of reach) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The story so far (out of reach) - 1/7/2022 5:25:48 AM   
OberstVonWitz

Hi,

After playing through 4 CG's up to end of '41 the German's are nowhere close to even denting the Soviet hoard.

1) If moving reduces CV and CV cannot be gained quickly AND such movement does in fact (not "quasi") reduce CV
the German's are at an immediate disadvantage.
Q:

2) Supply ( read rail) is never fast enough. Typically it is 3-4 months behind history..

3) If CV recovery is dependent on some type of resupply (and not resting etc) due to rail never catching up
it cannot recover by this meams.

4) By November just about all CV is reduced to about 1-4. Just what does this represent?

Thus, the above is about the "fighting power of the Germans and the recovery of same.

I think I have the air support at least semi working, have had 60 ac on some events which gives me hope. However,

1) it is never clear what damage air is in fact doing, it is a combined CV effect. The same goes for "guns".

This then makes air attacks a "mystery" effect.

Reinforcements seem extremely small. Up to Nov I don't think the German's got more than 15 inf div and 10 AFV ( of any sort).

The apparatus for sorting/ moving this (reinforcements) is quite burdensome and adds absolutely no "flavour" to the game. This IMHO could be a lot more streamlined or intuitive - indeed a whole "panel" could be made --> move this to ---> here with available options ....

So to finish. Leningrad might as well be the moon. Just looking at the airbases around it makes one very worried indeed.

Be interesting to see what other people have found and their level of success which must be far better than mine. :0

PS: Although never got there 1943 saw a huge increase in AFV has anyone got that far ?

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> The story so far (out of reach) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI