Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sep 11 attack on Command?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Sep 11 attack on Command? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sep 11 attack on Command? - 1/8/2022 11:45:20 AM   
lumiere

Edit2: For Modelator:If you thought it is going too far, Please feel free to lock this topic.

OK I know that such topic is sensitive, but I wonder it is possible technically.
(IIRC devs have prepared special explosive type for Kamikaze-style attack)

Edit:expression corrected.

< Message edited by lumiere -- 1/8/2022 2:17:23 PM >

"War claims its bitter, useless, sacrifice."
Post #: 1
RE: Sep 11 attack on Command? - 1/8/2022 12:51:22 PM   
thewood1

This is why we can't have nice things.

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to lumiere)
Post #: 2
RE: Sep 11 attack on Command? - 1/8/2022 2:09:07 PM   
BDukes

quote:

ORIGINAL: lumiere

OK I know that such topic is sensitive, but I wonder it is possible technically.
(IIRC devs have prepared special explosive type for Kamikaze-style attack)

Edit:expression corrected.

Never seen anybody do this. Would never do it with my own public work because I don't want anybody using it to make decisions in carrying out their own attacks. This outweighs any positive analysis you might get out of it. I do hope analysts use CMO to prevent or shorten wars that happen.

Mike

Don't call it a comeback...

(in reply to lumiere)
Post #: 3
RE: Sep 11 attack on Command? - 1/8/2022 9:03:55 PM   
HalfLifeExpert

I'm sure it is possible to model that day's events in Command, but there wouldn't be a lot of value to outweigh the inevitable bad reactions it would receive.

The only value I could see is to have the setup explicitly to demonstrate why the USAF was unable to mobilize and scramble in time, due to poor communications and few aircraft ready at the moment. You wouldn't need to model the actual strikes for that, just the target aircraft entering a certain zone from the target being a fail-state for the interceptors.

This would NOT be for game or entertainment purposes, it would explicitly be for educational purposes to demonstrate how things went wrong on that infamous day.

That being said, I'm sure the Professional users could make use of a 'Kamikaze' script for the purposes of preparing for future such attacks, specifically to analyze what the ideal numbers would be for ready alert aircraft and turnaround times to sustain 24/7 to be fully prepared for such a crisis.

Bottom line, there could be some real educational and analytical value for very specific purposes, but nothing valuable in terms of a game scenario or entertainment.

< Message edited by HalfLifeExpert -- 1/8/2022 9:04:57 PM >

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 4
RE: Sep 11 attack on Command? - 1/8/2022 9:19:20 PM   
BeirutDude

So assuming we're talking about having to stop a terrorist/suicide attack on a target, and how to simulated it if we can't. Under those circumstances (and off the top of my head) the opposing unit (kamikaze/terrorist side) to be stopped could be simulated...

Trigger: Unit within a certain range of it's target, would have to be small.

Condition: Lua: IF statement checking to see if the unit is below a certain altitude, else it overflies it.

Action:
1. Lua script to destroy the unit
2. Lua script to create an explosion.

I like to keep code small (because I suck at it), but I'm sure these could be combined.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!

(in reply to HalfLifeExpert)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Sep 11 attack on Command? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI