Sep 11 attack on Command? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

lumiere -> Sep 11 attack on Command? (1/8/2022 11:45:20 AM)

Edit2: For Modelator:If you thought it is going too far, Please feel free to lock this topic.

OK I know that such topic is sensitive, but I wonder it is possible technically.
(IIRC devs have prepared special explosive type for Kamikaze-style attack)

Edit:expression corrected.

thewood1 -> RE: Sep 11 attack on Command? (1/8/2022 12:51:22 PM)

This is why we can't have nice things.

BDukes -> RE: Sep 11 attack on Command? (1/8/2022 2:09:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: lumiere

OK I know that such topic is sensitive, but I wonder it is possible technically.
(IIRC devs have prepared special explosive type for Kamikaze-style attack)

Edit:expression corrected.

Never seen anybody do this. Would never do it with my own public work because I don't want anybody using it to make decisions in carrying out their own attacks. This outweighs any positive analysis you might get out of it. I do hope analysts use CMO to prevent or shorten wars that happen.

Mike

HalfLifeExpert -> RE: Sep 11 attack on Command? (1/8/2022 9:03:55 PM)

I'm sure it is possible to model that day's events in Command, but there wouldn't be a lot of value to outweigh the inevitable bad reactions it would receive.

The only value I could see is to have the setup explicitly to demonstrate why the USAF was unable to mobilize and scramble in time, due to poor communications and few aircraft ready at the moment. You wouldn't need to model the actual strikes for that, just the target aircraft entering a certain zone from the target being a fail-state for the interceptors.

This would NOT be for game or entertainment purposes, it would explicitly be for educational purposes to demonstrate how things went wrong on that infamous day.

That being said, I'm sure the Professional users could make use of a 'Kamikaze' script for the purposes of preparing for future such attacks, specifically to analyze what the ideal numbers would be for ready alert aircraft and turnaround times to sustain 24/7 to be fully prepared for such a crisis.

Bottom line, there could be some real educational and analytical value for very specific purposes, but nothing valuable in terms of a game scenario or entertainment.

BeirutDude -> RE: Sep 11 attack on Command? (1/8/2022 9:19:20 PM)

So assuming we're talking about having to stop a terrorist/suicide attack on a target, and how to simulated it if we can't. Under those circumstances (and off the top of my head) the opposing unit (kamikaze/terrorist side) to be stopped could be simulated...

Trigger: Unit within a certain range of it's target, would have to be small.

Condition: Lua: IF statement checking to see if the unit is below a certain altitude, else it overflies it.

Action:
1. Lua script to destroy the unit
2. Lua script to create an explosion.

I like to keep code small (because I suck at it), but I'm sure these could be combined.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI