Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G) vs ZOVS (R)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> After Action Reports >> RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G) vs ZOVS (R) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/18/2022 11:16:21 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 1 End of Turn

Near Lvov I have decided to take it easy kind of approach. I have done all kinds of openings in the south from rushing to the border to circling almost the whole Soviet Army. But this time I am trying an approach that is even more tempered than my last two AAR games. Thus, I have withheld two PZ divisions back with one of Refit and another, that was supposed to be on refit getting replacements. I have committed the 11th & 13th PZ Divisions and the Moto Division. I shore up any counter attack with a good defense. Although having my PZ's in the Swamp and City is not my idea of a good defense :(

The black line is of course the rail conversion.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 1/18/2022 11:18:41 PM >

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 61
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/19/2022 12:35:57 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 1 End of Turn

The black line is the rail I want. This area is SO IMPORTANT for me on the 1st turn I will route out Soviets to secure the whole route. Yes, I am hell bent on Leningrad this game and am doing a Babe Ruth and calling it right now. Leningrad is the Target #1.

I messed up on my reassignments and assigned the circled unit incorrectly and ended up with OKH. Again, playing with my darn head up my Azz(ass).

These pockets will not fail with the distance being the warden for the prison but German units as spectators if they try ;-)

Attachment (1)

Post #: 62
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/19/2022 12:44:31 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 1 End of Turn

Here is my main thrust. My plan is to take Leningrad by turn 13/14. See if I can do it with Zovs knowing that is what I am coming for :). I am coming and HELL is coming with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9vkkg0cBt4

Attachment (1)

Post #: 63
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/19/2022 12:54:53 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 1 End of Turn

And here is HELL incarnate. As everyone knows DAS Reich are my dirty boys. I already have 2nd RFSS attached to them. Next turn Grossdeutschland regiment will be added to this Division & LAH regiment a turn or two after(not sure if it can, if not will find another replacement since it has been awhile). Thus I introduce "HELL incarnate". Get this one division behind a line and can drop the three SU's to units then break the division into regiments. (6 regiments behind the line from one division) Don't know if people have done this but it is fun!!!! :-) (Haven't done this in awhile, but I hope it still works)

Totenkoph will have the Flammpanzers & Winking will join in a turn or two. The three together will make a sledgehammer that will be extremely hard to stop.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 1/19/2022 1:11:18 AM >

Post #: 64
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/19/2022 1:02:13 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 1 End of Turn

Turn Losses

Total of ONE (1) tank loss for the whole turn. I like that. Here are the final totals on losses for land in the first turn

Like I said, I was meticulous the whole turn of where I attack, with what I attacked, and what was defending where that I attacked to keep tank losses to a minimum. Thus using specific units to attack one type of unit in a specific terrain and another type of unit to attack in another type. If that makes sense. I am not the best explainer in the world, sorry :(

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 1/19/2022 1:14:16 AM >

Post #: 65
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/19/2022 1:31:13 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 1 End of Turn

RAD repair units

I have put all 7 RAD repair units in this HQ and set up to repair 7 rail line hexes in this area. I hope to have rail repaired to Riga by turn 3 at the latest using these 7 rail repair units. The RAD units will go only 5 hexes out to repair thus giving a bit better control.

Pretty easy to use one Corps HQ to pick up all the RAD units turn 1. You just move to within 10 hexes of the HQ that has the RAD units with the Corps HQ, transfer the RAD units then "undo" the HQ move. Rinse repeat.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 66
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/19/2022 1:31:58 AM   
homer82

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

I am coming and HELL is coming with me.

Lol... DO IT MARINE!

Post #: 67
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/19/2022 1:42:01 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: homer82

quote:

I am coming and HELL is coming with me.

Lol... DO IT MARINE!

Going to try for sure. Moscow is a much much better target but I want to see if I can take Leningrad when a Soviet knows 100% for sure that is the target. But I can tell you 3 SS Moto Divisions stacked with best leader is extremely hard to stop, even in adverse terrain.

PS, if you cant tell Tombstone is one of my favorite movies :)

(in reply to homer82)
Post #: 68
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/19/2022 2:36:45 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

End of Turn 1

There is shadow under this red rock,
(Come in under the shadow of this red rock),
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.

(T.S. Eliot, from The Waste Land, part I: The Burial of the Dead,1922)

Post #: 69
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/19/2022 2:49:33 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Beginning of Turn 2

What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from.

T. S. Eliot

Post #: 70
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/19/2022 3:34:11 AM   
Zovs

This should be fun, please be patient as the Stumbling colossus awakens.

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

Post #: 71
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/25/2022 10:11:06 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2

Weather!!!!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 72
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/25/2022 10:12:48 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2

Events!!!!

Nothing special....

Attachment (1)

Post #: 73
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/25/2022 10:21:44 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2

Bombing!!!

I will get right to the good stuff and start with the bombing & naval interdiction. As for naval interdiction I did none myself. It is just my "Modus Operandi" & will just let my fighters rack up kills at the moment. As for the Soviet bombing?.... Well lets just say no cow was safe and local forest fires were put out without incident. Anyway, the bombing looks nice and threatening but at the end of the day the bombing didnt really do much. Well it does give the Soviets a warm fuzzy I guess. But only they can answer that.

Here is the North.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 74
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/25/2022 10:24:37 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2

Center bombing!

Kind of reminds me of cockroaches. The bombing is everywhere.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 75
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/25/2022 10:27:21 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2

More Center bombing!

Many of my airbases have no planes on them. So my AA crews were pissed that they had to get up to defend empty airfields.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 76
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/25/2022 10:30:08 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2

South Bombing!

Yet even more bombing!

Attachment (1)

Post #: 77
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/25/2022 10:33:14 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2

Rumania Bombing!

Even the poor little Rumanians received bombing of the local herd :( Wait until the FFR (Future Farmers of Rumania) hear about this!

Attachment (1)

Post #: 78
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/25/2022 10:40:58 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2

Bombing!

Well the Slovkians I was trying to get up in experience are done for after a couple of battles against the Soviets. This was my biggest loss against the bazillion cow bombers that came across the border. I have now sent all three squadrons of the Slovkians to the reserve. Those boys were just molested and put up dry by the Soviets, so much for that foray into trying to better them on my part

Attachment (1)

Post #: 79
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/25/2022 10:45:27 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2

Rumanian Fighters went bezerk!

I have to thank someone that there were no "Soviet Fighters" with these bombers. Otherwise I have a feeling these Rumanians would have gone down like a wet noodle. Anyway, I will take what was given. Way to go Rumanians!!!!

Attachment (1)

Post #: 80
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/25/2022 10:52:49 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2

Day fighters at night? I sure don't. But please continue.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 81
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/25/2022 11:01:51 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2

Air Losses during Soviet phase

38 Minor country plane losses that will take forever to replace. Germans suffer 27.

Lost 1 plane from the bombing on the ground for a total of 5,369 Soviet planes turn 1.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 82
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/25/2022 11:07:36 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2

Refit from last turn.

So being on a 4 Depot, on refit, with HQ, 100 prep points, and I gain a whopping 2 to my TOE total! OMG I feel great! (Sarcasm)

****You can find the last turn pictures earlier in the AAR for the before and after contrast****

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 1/25/2022 11:48:00 PM >

Post #: 83
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/25/2022 11:12:04 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2

Not on refit

This unit was not on refit, was on a 4 depot, moved, did not have 100 prep points and gained more TOE than their sister unit. (both units made all Admin rolls even before you say something)

****You can find the last turn pictures earlier in the AAR for the before and after contrast****

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 1/25/2022 11:48:14 PM >

Post #: 84
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/25/2022 11:24:32 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2

You will find this interesting. At least I did. Here is Koenigsberg at the end of Turn 1.

6,139 stored on the first turn and I set this port to (0)Zero also during Turn 1.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 85
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/25/2022 11:28:31 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2

Koenigsberg turn 2 sees an absolute dump of 48,000+ stored at this location. Found that interesting when I had other depots in the area with number above (0)Zero but the computer decided to dump the freight here.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 86
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/25/2022 11:38:43 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2

Danzig

1st turn I set Danzig as my level 2 Export port(picture of Danzig turn 1). I have only one export port set above 0 and that is Danzig.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 87
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/25/2022 11:42:05 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2

Danzig

Turn 2 sees Danzig fill up rather nicely. Is my way the correct way, probably not, but it is my way of seeing things unfold.

I also only have ONE import port in the Baltic. I have a 1 for 1 relationship.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 1/25/2022 11:43:40 PM >

Post #: 88
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/25/2022 11:52:14 PM   
Sammy5IsAlive

quote:

Turn 2

Koenigsberg turn 2 sees an absolute dump of 48,000+ stored at this location. Found that interesting when I had other depots in the area with number above (0)Zero but the computer decided to dump the freight here.

I just had a quick look at T1 and Koenigsberg starts with 75,000 supply and 25,000 fuel stored in the city (i.e. outside of the depot system). So I guess a proportion of those stores have been converted into 'on map' freight. A brief search of the manual doesn't bring anything up about this process though.

By way of comparison Danzig only starts with 3750 supplies/5000 fuel stored in city.

It might be interesting to see if you have similar patterns at Warsaw, Krakow and Suwalki - all of which start with only 5k of supply stores but 100k+ of fuel stores.

< Message edited by Sammy5IsAlive -- 1/26/2022 12:09:12 AM >

Post #: 89
RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G... - 1/26/2022 12:14:59 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sammy5IsAlive

quote:

Turn 2

I just had a quick look at T1 and Koenigsberg starts with 75,000 supply and 25,000 fuel stored in the city (i.e. outside of the depot system). So I guess a proportion of those stores have been converted into 'on map' freight. A brief search of the manual doesn't bring anything up about this process though.

By way of comparison Danzig only starts with 3750 supplies/5000 fuel stored in city.

It might be interesting to see if you have similar patterns at Warsaw, Krakow and Suwalki - all of which start with only 5k of supply stores but 100k+ of fuel stores.

Interesting indeed.

I checked the other cities and don't see any dump. Maybe if I set them to zero I might get a reaction ;-P

(in reply to Sammy5IsAlive)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> After Action Reports >> RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust. HLYA (G) vs ZOVS (R) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI