Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Kull's Modified Hot Key Graphic (adds Monsoon and Winter factoids)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Kull's Modified Hot Key Graphic (adds Monsoon and Winter factoids) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Kull's Modified Hot Key Graphic (adds Monsoon and Winte... - 1/29/2022 1:06:09 PM   
Lowpe

With the renewed visitation of quite a few illustrious developers to the forum, and the new attention WITP AE might be getting in the near future...I thought I would make a very humble request that shouldn't take long to implement I think.

The "M" hotkey opens up the excellent hotkey list. This is a relatively new addition to the game, but I would like to request the addition of two items to the list:

1. a simple text message showing the monsoon season effective dates
2. a simple text message showing the winter weather season effective dates

Definitely not a big deal, but I always go looking for them several times a year. As I get older, just can't quite keep it in my memory. I do have the dates in a cheat sheet folder, but I still have to look for them....I can't be the only one, can I?

Here is the current hotkey graphic.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Lowpe -- 1/29/2022 2:55:57 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Humble request of Developers -- M key (Hotkeys) - 1/29/2022 2:14:36 PM   
Kull

Do you mean something like this?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 2
RE: Humble request of Developers -- M key (Hotkeys) - 1/29/2022 2:29:36 PM   
Kull

If so, I've attached a zip containing the altered Hotkeys file. It should be extracted into your "War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\ART" folder. Although first, you should consider making a back-up copy of the existing file (UV1024.bmp)

NOTE: This section of the forum does not allow us to upload zip files so I've altered the name to "UV1024.gif". After you download the file, just rename it to UV1024.zip, and it should work fine.

For those searching fruitlessly through the manual for information on the Monsoon Season - it's not there. This was one of many improvements added in a subsequent patch (like search arcs). Here's a good thread on the topic, for those interested.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 3
RE: Humble request of Developers -- M key (Hotkeys) - 1/29/2022 3:00:47 PM   
Uncivil Engineer

Hotkey J is missing from the list - Industry Management screen

And when I press M I got a credits screen, not a hotkey list!

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 4
RE: Humble request of Developers -- M key (Hotkeys) - 1/29/2022 3:11:41 PM   
Lowpe

Thanks Kull...

the UV1024.bmp file is the credits screen

the hotkey file is Credits1024.bmp

< Message edited by Lowpe -- 1/29/2022 3:13:59 PM >

(in reply to Uncivil Engineer)
Post #: 5
RE: Humble request of Developers -- M key (Hotkeys) - 1/29/2022 4:05:11 PM   
Kull

As to those file names. In the as-released game, "Credits1024.bmp" is the Credit Screen and "UV1024.bmp" is the hotkey list. However, chemkid swapped them as part of his map mod, so anybody using his maps will see the file names reversed. It's also possible that other mods (map and otherwise) might have made a similar switch.

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 6
RE: Humble request of Developers -- M key (Hotkeys) - 1/30/2022 2:30:03 AM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull

Do you mean something like this?

Hotkey 6 is actually to display all patrol zones, not just subs.

This is an awesome guide!

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 7
RE: Humble request of Developers -- M key (Hotkeys) - 1/30/2022 2:35:00 AM   
Nomad

I found that the 1600.SFX in the sound folder is the one that plays when you display the credits( in this case the shortcuts )

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 8
RE: Humble request of Developers -- M key (Hotkeys) - 1/30/2022 4:10:27 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

If so, I've attached a zip containing the altered Hotkeys file. It should be extracted into your "War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\ART" folder. Although first, you should consider making a back-up copy of the existing file (UV1024.bmp)

NOTE: This section of the forum does not allow us to upload zip files so I've altered the name to "UV1024.gif". After you download the file, just rename it to UV1024.zip, and it should work fine.

For those searching fruitlessly through the manual for information on the Monsoon Season - it's not there. This was one of many improvements added in a subsequent patch (like search arcs). Here's a good thread on the topic, for those interested.

Or you can just right click on the graphic in the post and rename the file what you like - it is a .jpg file so there should be no trouble saving it in one of your folders.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 9
RE: Humble request of Developers -- M key (Hotkeys) - 1/30/2022 1:34:00 PM   
GetAssista

I was todays years old when I learned that there are cold zones in the south of WITP AE map :)

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 10
RE: Humble request of Developers -- M key (Hotkeys) - 1/30/2022 1:59:31 PM   
Platoonist

quote:

ORIGINAL: GetAssista

I was todays years old when I learned that there are cold zones in the south of WITP AE map :)

I must confess I rarely get that down under the down under.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 11
RE: Humble request of Developers -- M key (Hotkeys) - 1/30/2022 5:34:12 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Platoonist

quote:

ORIGINAL: GetAssista

I must confess I rarely get that down under the down under.

Looks like the only land base affected is Stewart Island - which the Allies rarely need to develop anyway.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 12
RE: Humble request of Developers -- M key (Hotkeys) - 1/30/2022 5:48:05 PM   
Platoonist

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

Looks like the only land base affected is Stewart Island - which the Allies rarely need to develop anyway.

I must admit I've always been intrigued by that little bit of sea ice represented in the very southwestern corner of the map. (Not all the map mods show it) The map code lists the hex as fz--frozen. It's like a little hint of Antarctica made it onto the map.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 13
RE: Humble request of Developers -- M key (Hotkeys) - 2/1/2022 7:25:53 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

Great idea and thanks for your continued contributions Kull! I've tried downloading but the link seems to be broken?

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 14
RE: Humble request of Developers -- M key (Hotkeys) - 2/1/2022 8:42:57 PM   
Macquarrie1999

The link doesn't appear to be working for me either

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 15
RE: Humble request of Developers -- M key (Hotkeys) - 2/1/2022 9:14:58 PM   
Panjack

For me: in Firefox, nothing happens when I tried to download the file. But in Chrome, clicking on the download button opens up in a new window with the image within it. You can download the image appearing in the window to your computer and use it.

(in reply to Macquarrie1999)
Post #: 16
RE: Humble request of Developers -- M key (Hotkeys) - 2/2/2022 3:50:01 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panjack

For me: in Firefox, nothing happens when I tried to download the file. But in Chrome, clicking on the download button opens up in a new window with the image within it. You can download the image appearing in the window to your computer and use it.

Download button where? I've tried with 4 different browsers and clicking on the attachment takes me to a broken link?

(in reply to Panjack)
Post #: 17
RE: Humble request of Developers -- M key (Hotkeys) - 2/2/2022 4:34:34 AM   
Nomad

In post #2 right click on the image and then select "save image as" and put it where you want.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 18
RE: Humble request of Developers -- M key (Hotkeys) - 2/2/2022 4:53:17 AM   
jdsrae

I often need a reminder when the monsoon season runs as well.
The monsoon effect isn’t directly linked to malaria zone as it mostly applies to bases in India-Burma-Thailand.
Not all bases are obvious though, with a few interesting gaps where the effect doesn’t apply to some bases that I thought it would.
I listed them from the editor once (there is a check box for monsoon effect) and was going to create a map to show them, but then got distracted by something else and haven’t got back to it.

Currently playing my first PBEM, no house rules Scenario 1 as IJ.
AAR link (no SolInvictus): https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4684655

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 19
RE: Humble request of Developers -- M key (Hotkeys) - 2/2/2022 1:17:20 PM   
Lowpe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

Download button where? I've tried with 4 different browsers and clicking on the attachment takes me to a broken link?

If you are super frustrated, go up to Kull's post with and take a screen picture of your display. Open the file in paint (of some flavor) crop (perhaps enlarge a bit) and save file with the proper name and copy and paste it into your art folder.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 20
RE: Humble request of Developers -- M key (Hotkeys) - 2/2/2022 2:03:28 PM   
Panjack

Click on the link below, and an image should pop up. Then save the image to your computer. Rename the image as indicated above and copy to the correct location.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfiles/25668/7E7818F4321D45AFB2B616B445081A8C.jpg

< Message edited by Panjack -- 2/2/2022 2:10:51 PM >

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 21
RE: Humble request of Developers -- M key (Hotkeys) - 2/2/2022 10:35:42 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panjack

Click on the link below, and an image should pop up. Then save the image to your computer. Rename the image as indicated above and copy to the correct location.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfiles/25668/7E7818F4321D45AFB2B616B445081A8C.jpg

Yeah I had already tried that and it does not work for me for some reason. Game just freezes when I press M key or credits button. Notice that credits1024.bmp needs that pink background around it in the art files. Are you guys renaming to "Credits1024.bmp" which is the Credit Screen or "UV1024.bmp" which pops up after the loading screen?

(in reply to Panjack)
Post #: 22
RE: Humble request of Developers -- M key (Hotkeys) - 2/2/2022 10:37:21 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

quote:

If you are super frustrated, go up to Kull's post with and take a screen picture of your display. Open the file in paint (of some flavor) crop (perhaps enlarge a bit) and save file with the proper name and copy and paste it into your art folder.

Thanks will try that next instead of just trying to rename the file...

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 23
RE: Humble request of Developers -- M key (Hotkeys) - 2/3/2022 1:29:40 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

quote:

Yep converting it to a bmp file instead of just renaming it was the trick. Thanks!

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Kull's Modified Hot Key Graphic (adds Monsoon and Winter factoids) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI