Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Turn 6

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Turn 6 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Turn 6 - 1/26/2022 2:40:56 AM   
thedoctorking

Around Kiev the same, as you can see from the earlier map, and in the south likewise:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to thedoctorking)
Post #: 91
RE: Turn 6 - 1/26/2022 2:41:36 AM   
thedoctorking

So I decided to try attacking to choke supply or even cut off armored units and slow the fascist tide down for a turn or two. You can see on the previous map where I choked the northern pincer by driving back the Hungarians; the southern pincer was already ZoC’ed by that cavalry unit. In the Kiev sector, I was able to actually isolate two panzer divisions:

Attachment (1)

Post #: 92
RE: Turn 6 - 1/26/2022 2:44:17 AM   
Zovs

Things are sometimes not what they appear to be…

Finishing up turn 7 now with a few (hopefully) surprises.

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

Post #: 93
RE: Turn 6 - 1/26/2022 2:45:01 AM   
thedoctorking

And in the center, I contented myself with toughening up my lines and hoping the German attack runs out of gas before it gets to the “green fields beyond”. I probed the flanks of Guderian's spearhead and determined that he had covered enough to prevent my repeating the isolation I pulled off in the Kiev sector.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 94
RE: Turn 6 - 1/26/2022 2:46:09 AM   
thedoctorking

And in the land bridge sector as well, assigning the two new Front HQ's I received this turn to the central sector.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 95
RE: Turn 6 - 1/26/2022 2:47:15 AM   
thedoctorking

Little changed in the north, as I drew back a few hexes, leaving Pskov to its fate, and continued to dig enthusiastically on the approaches to Leningrad. Next turn will help me understand if the Germans are making a serious push for Leningrad – I suspect not; I’m thinking that their principal objective this year is Moscow. I built some fortifications around the city in hopes of standing off their last-ditch offensive.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 96
RE: Turn 6 - 1/26/2022 2:47:56 AM   
thedoctorking

In that battle to cut off the armored column near Kiev, four Soviet divisions attacked and drove back a German motorized infantry regiment. Over 400 planes participated in the combat, of which 175 were shot down. I have to say, this seems excessive. Not the kill ratio – 5:1 in favor of the Germans – but the number of planes committed. I can’t imagine that many planes even fitting into the airspace over the battle. Despite the overwhelming preponderance of kills for the Germans, this is a defeat for them – five or six more battles like this, and the Luftwaffe will be out of fighters, while the VVS will still have plenty.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 97
RE: Turn 6 - 1/26/2022 2:50:41 AM   
thedoctorking

I'm seeing lots of battles like this in my ongoing solo game against the AI, now in the spring of 1942. Battles with hundreds of planes involved, and vast proportions of those planes going down in flames. German air dominance is fine, but I can't see any air commander deciding to commit every single fighter in an entire air army to one battle, and seeing three quarters of those shot down, going out and doing the same thing the next week.

Post #: 98
RE: Turn 6 - 1/31/2022 4:51:25 PM   
thedoctorking

Just realized that for the last couple of turns I had not updated my version of the game properly, and so was running with 1.02.11. I don't know what difference this made in my turn execution, but we will see if those dramatic Axis plane losses continue now that I've reinstalled correctly. Oops, sorry Zovs.

Post #: 99
RE: Turn 6 - 1/31/2022 4:56:00 PM   
Stamb

It would be nice if a game gives a message "your game version (xx) is different than your opponent version (yy)" when you try to load your turn

Post #: 100
RE: Turn 6 - 2/14/2022 3:22:34 AM   
thedoctorking

Because of a variety of issues related to wrong game versions being used, difficulties getting images and save files off the multiplayer server, and general confusion, we've decided to go back to the beginning and start over. Call those six turns a pre-season game. Same options, same sides, except now we are playing with the sudden death victory conditions, so maybe I will have to be a little more careful about running away. We're just going to keep doing the AAR, so expect to hear from Zovs in a little while with his first turn.

(in reply to Stamb)
Post #: 101
RE: Turn 6 - 2/14/2022 9:32:20 AM   
carlkay58

If you go to the very bottom of the Event Log it will tell you what version your opponent is using. You just check each turn to be sure.

Post #: 102
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Turn 6 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI