Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Chinese BP saved in Sian becomes Russian

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Chinese BP saved in Sian becomes Russian Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Chinese BP saved in Sian becomes Russian - 2/1/2022 1:36:56 AM   
craigbear

I saved a Chinese BP in Sian (communist city) and it became Russian. China cannot use the BP even though it is on map. I think this will happen if a BP is saved in any communist city by the Chinese. Later, I tried moving it when the BP save screen comes up, but I received an error message and could not do so.

Additionally (I believe due to this bug), after both allied and axis production is accomplished, the production for China again pops up and I am able to build Chinese units again (so I get two build opportunities). I have gotten around this issue by simply not using the build points and exiting through the save BP screen with resulting destruction of all these extra points (except for the one in Sian which remains in that city).

File attached (at Axis impulse start... so some of what I say can only be seen during the end turn phase). However, the ownership of the BP can be determined by hovering over the BP and looking at the unit screen.

Final note, this is repeatable... I did it in a previous game with the same results.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Chinese BP saved in Sian becomes Russian - 2/1/2022 11:53:58 AM   
Centuur

Bug confirmed.

Peter

(in reply to craigbear)
Post #: 2
RE: Chinese BP saved in Sian becomes Russian - 2/1/2022 7:14:24 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

The root cause (as for several similar problems) is that the player moving the Communist Chinese is the player moving the USSR units. Since the 'controlling' major power is the USSR, the program is making the saved build point Russian.

The simplest solution is to just save the build point in one of the Chinese cities in far western China. Why would anyone put it in Sian (or any other Communist Chinese controlled city) where the Japanese can capture it?

< Message edited by Shannon V. OKeets -- 2/1/2022 7:15:55 PM >

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 3
RE: Chinese BP saved in Sian becomes Russian - 2/2/2022 1:32:09 AM   
craigbear

I have done it twice... I don't generally think about ownership at this stage, and the saving is only for 1 turn. Sian is a simple city to read and one does not think about where to save something that is only temporary so long as it is not on the front lines. Japan does not usually move at lightning speed so that is a thought as well. It would be unusual for Sian to fall in the 2nd or 3rd turn. As well, newbies do not generally care if the city is nationalist or not. Why would a new player not save in Sian over other cities?

Obviously, I won't be doing it again... but it will assuredly happen to others (esp. new player). It should be corrected (depending on the ease of bug-fixing) even if at a low priority.

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Chinese BP saved in Sian becomes Russian Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI