Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: This needs work

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Valor & Victory >> RE: This needs work Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: This needs work - 9/9/2021 7:39:27 PM   
thewood1

I think people can criticize a game without expecting to be told to build your own. There is a history at Matrix of these boardgame ports fading away quickly. Its up to the devs to prove him wrong. Other than that, its just people speculating.

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 31
RE: This needs work - 9/9/2021 9:50:52 PM   
tdavie

@Steely Glint. I was aware of the game when it came out and took a chance on it even though I own Macs. It took Windows 10arm running on top pf Parallels to get the game running and….then I very quickly find out that it isn’t my game. Could it end up being ‘what I want’? No idea. I shelled out for the original game and will wait to see if it ever gets the features I want. Great if it does and shrug if it doesn’t.

Tom

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 32
RE: This needs work - 9/10/2021 2:50:15 PM   
DingBat

Hey all,

As I mentioned in an earlier reply, Lance and I are already working hard on the next update. We are also taking some much needed vacations. I'm actually typing this reply while on vacation.

We're a small team so often things don't get done as quickly as we all might like. But, ultimately, that's an excuse and one that you, as customers, are free to ignore. As a longtime gamer, I feel that developers should be held accountable and its certainly your right to keep pushing for any changes you want to see, with the understanding that we may not be able to accommodate or please everyone.

There are already some exciting new features in the works. We've probably been too quiet lately and I hope that will change soon.

Cheers,
/bruce

(in reply to tdavie)
Post #: 33
RE: This needs work - 9/10/2021 3:58:10 PM   
Big Ivan

quote:

ORIGINAL: DingBat

Hey all,

As I mentioned in an earlier reply, Lance and I are already working hard on the next update. We are also taking some much needed vacations. I'm actually typing this reply while on vacation.

We're a small team so often things don't get done as quickly as we all might like. But, ultimately, that's an excuse and one that you, as customers, are free to ignore. As a longtime gamer, I feel that developers should be held accountable and its certainly your right to keep pushing for any changes you want to see, with the understanding that we may not be able to accommodate or please everyone.

There are already some exciting new features in the works. We've probably been too quiet lately and I hope that will change soon.

Cheers,
/bruce

Thanks Bruce!

Being involved as a beta brigade member in another game I hear whole heartedly what you are saying! The dev team guys are all busy trying to make the next game in the series that much better than the last. It is a lot of work making sure the game is solid with its application and tested to the max before its released.

I thank you and all the development guys who work so hard behind the scenes to make this hobby that much better!

Kind Regards,
John

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

(in reply to DingBat)
Post #: 34
RE: This needs work - 9/11/2021 2:40:39 AM   
Rosseau

I am a crabby old codger playing pretty much every digital wargame available in the past 40 years, but must say - for the price point of $20 - I would buy the game again.

The bar was set far higher than the developer's previous releases, of which I own one.

I think the OP may see some of the "improvements" he desires, but certainly not all of them at this price point. As I reviewed on Steam, it is a less complex version of the excellent LnL series on Matrix and newer versions on Steam.

I believe many of us are hoping for the Second Front release on Steam to be very close to "Squad Leader on the computer."

In fact, if the devs blow the Second Front release, I will be happy to rest with my ancestors until the arrival of the King of Kings!

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 35
RE: This needs work - 12/15/2021 12:45:31 PM   
beyondwudge

I quite enjoyed the first scenario. The game has fun little sounds and a good rhythm.

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 36
RE: This needs work - 1/3/2022 9:25:48 PM   
rommel222

Greetings to All,
This thread made me hold off on Valor & Victory but then I decided to pick it up on sale to support the developers.
I am also very interested in the Stalingrad DLC that is coming.

Having 60 years of game play (board wargames, miniatures gaming & computer wargames), I find Valor & Victory fun to play at a bargain price.
It has not the depth of Combat Mission series or Lock n Load Tactical series or SL/ASL games but it is a decent first attempt with more improvements to come.
I like the small unit density and small map challenge for a quick game. It runs great on my 10 year old laptop w/integrated graphics.

(in reply to beyondwudge)
Post #: 37
RE: This needs work - 1/28/2022 3:11:58 PM   
athineos

This question is for the developers/designers of the game:

Are you planning to add more features/make the Map Editor more robust?
How about Random Map generation?

Thanks

(in reply to rommel222)
Post #: 38
RE: This needs work - 2/3/2022 5:58:00 PM   
thewood1

I think I know the answer, but want to make sure before I set the games aside again. I bought the core game on release and only played a few times. I set it aside because of a complete lack of fog of war. The ability to have even the most basic FOW is why I switched from playing boardgames to PC games in the first place. I think V&V is a slick and neat little game, but no FoW made me put it aside.

I just bought The DLC to support the dev and hoping that FOW was added. It seems like its not. Is FOW even on the roadmap?

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to athineos)
Post #: 39
RE: This needs work - 2/3/2022 6:08:21 PM   
athineos

Since they try to simulate the Board game experience as faithfully to the PC, I believe that’s why FOW is not available yet. For me the most important thing to increase the replay value of the game is to add a Battle Generator and give more options for new map creation.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 40
RE: This needs work - 2/3/2022 10:06:41 PM   
dox44

i've been playing since start and i bought stalingrad earlier today. almost through 1st scenario.

i play more board games than computer right now. Panzer, Fields of Fire, Zero Leader on the tables now.

I like V&V. i've played board and Vassal though not in a while. Fine system.

and if Rico and Big Ivan say its fine...its fine.

Good job to all involved.

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 41
RE: This needs work - 2/3/2022 11:55:52 PM   
Monkie

Great to see the DLC out, the maps look great and I am happy that the old Squad Leader mod is still working. I'll have to look into creating a mod for the Russians when I get some free time. I haven't looked into all the additions but the system is fleshing out nicely, congrats to the dev's.

(in reply to dox44)
Post #: 42
RE: This needs work - 2/4/2022 6:29:46 PM   
rico21

quote:

ORIGINAL: dox44

i've been playing since start and i bought stalingrad earlier today. almost through 1st scenario.

i play more board games than computer right now. Panzer, Fields of Fire, Zero Leader on the tables now.

I like V&V. i've played board and Vassal though not in a while. Fine system.

and if Rico and Big Ivan say its fine...its fine.

Good job to all involved.

Thanks Randy, Rico says it will be fine.
I'm currently on Mobius Front'83 and after I will have a look on Stalingrad new scenarios possibility!

< Message edited by rico21 -- 2/4/2022 6:30:39 PM >

(in reply to dox44)
Post #: 43
RE: This needs work - 2/12/2022 6:30:35 AM   
Redmarkus5

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monkie

Feeding the trolls perhaps but I don't feel the game has a rushed feeling at all.

I didn't notice any trolling in this thread until I read your post. What's wrong with someone posting suggestions for improvements? These days it seems to go-to method for shooting someone down is to cry 'Troll'.

WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2

(in reply to Monkie)
Post #: 44
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Valor & Victory >> RE: This needs work Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI