Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Seaplanes not repairing at base w/CS vessel

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Seaplanes not repairing at base w/CS vessel Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Seaplanes not repairing at base w/CS vessel - 2/6/2022 8:04:02 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

Ok it's "WAD" - but then it is illogical and unrealistical "D". Basically means unlimited avgas, lubricants etc. on the tender for x planes which can fly for all eternity without ever consuming anything and no need to replenish the tender ever. Also hurts itself on the "one supply point per three search missions" statement in the manual. So technically not a "bug" (I called it an "issue") but certainly something pretty odd. Not sure if I owe an apology since I don't see personal attacks from my part, but I hereby publicly state that you have been right and I have been wrong - it's not a bug but WAD (but it remains a design I don't agree with). All good and until next time.

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 61
RE: Seaplanes not repairing at base w/CS vessel - 2/6/2022 9:21:31 AM   
Ian R

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

Ok it's "WAD" - but then it is illogical and unrealistical "D". Basically means unlimited avgas, lubricants etc. on the tender for x planes which can fly for all eternity without ever consuming anything and no need to replenish the tender ever. Also hurts itself on the "one supply point per three search missions" statement in the manual. So technically not a "bug" (I called it an "issue") but certainly something pretty odd. Not sure if I owe an apology since I don't see personal attacks from my part, but I hereby publicly state that you have been right and I have been wrong - it's not a bug but WAD (but it remains a design I don't agree with). All good and until next time.

I was not suggesting you owe an apology. Nor that you were 'wrong" in as much as you presented some test findings for consideration to the bloke with the code. I was talking about the other fellow.

You should really get yourself a bottle or two of that French Syrah though. Not as good as Australian Shiraz, but still pretty good quaffing vino.

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 62
RE: Seaplanes not repairing at base w/CS vessel - 2/6/2022 3:34:00 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian R

Just post it on the tech thread.

Edit, don't bother, LST already did - and Micheal already looked and posted today. WAD, apparently.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4923122&mpage=2

Are you going to now apologise for your intemperate & unnecessary personal attacks and accusations of trolling?

I will apologize for being wrong about Michael not doing any more fixes (given that he mentioned "next fix" in reference to another issue) and therefore it being pointless to ask for him to fix anything. As for the rest, your words are right there for all to see.

I have a followup test to conduct as my experience doesn't match what he stated is WAD (which, as he mentioned, may not be very well documented - if at all). Namely, that I have operated 12-plane Cat units from dot bases with a single AVD and not used up any supply. I'm checking to see if I have any old saves so I don't have to rig up a test. It's plausible that 6 or fewer planes were flying as I may have set them to only 50% search, but if I had them set higher than that...

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 63
RE: Seaplanes not repairing at base w/CS vessel - 2/6/2022 5:23:55 PM   
BananaConvention

My seaplane units at Buka have been flying sorties daily and have not consumed supply from the base. The tenders had 0 supply to begin with and I was unable to load any in the Guadalcanal scenario.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 64
RE: Seaplanes not repairing at base w/CS vessel - 2/7/2022 12:31:56 AM   
Ian R

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian R

Just post it on the tech thread.

Edit, don't bother, LST already did - and Micheal already looked and posted today. WAD, apparently.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4923122&mpage=2

Are you going to now apologise for your intemperate & unnecessary personal attacks and accusations of trolling?

I will apologize for being wrong about Michael not doing any more fixes (given that he mentioned "next fix" in reference to another issue) and therefore it being pointless to ask for him to fix anything. As for the rest, your words are right there for all to see.

I have a followup test to conduct as my experience doesn't match what he stated is WAD (which, as he mentioned, may not be very well documented - if at all). Namely, that I have operated 12-plane Cat units from dot bases with a single AVD and not used up any supply. I'm checking to see if I have any old saves so I don't have to rig up a test. It's plausible that 6 or fewer planes were flying as I may have set them to only 50% search, but if I had them set higher than that...

Have you run your new test yet?

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 65
RE: Seaplanes not repairing at base w/CS vessel - 2/7/2022 12:36:25 AM   
Ian R

quote:

ORIGINAL: BananaConvention

My seaplane units at Buka have been flying sorties daily and have not consumed supply from the base. The tenders had 0 supply to begin with and I was unable to load any in the Guadalcanal scenario.

No problems - if you have # seaplanes < or = # of seaplane support your tenders provide at the base.

From the tech thread:

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm75au

'Seaplane support'... is the number of 'seaplanes' that can be supported by the ship(s) before it needs to start looking for supply ( on tender or in base).

For this purpose, the Catalina is classed as a 'seaplane' as it is taking off from water. So based on 6 support per AVD, it should be supporting 12 Cats before it would start looking for supply.

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to BananaConvention)
Post #: 66
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Seaplanes not repairing at base w/CS vessel Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI