Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Captured Equipment rules?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Captured Equipment rules? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Captured Equipment rules? - 11/24/2021 12:05:46 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Cannot seem to find in the manual or index of rules on captured equipment joining units - any tips please.
Post #: 1
RE: Captured Equipment rules? - 11/25/2021 1:21:58 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Any takers on this cannot find out anything...

(in reply to Cavalry Corp)
Post #: 2
RE: Captured Equipment rules? - 11/25/2021 2:06:06 PM   
Sammy5IsAlive

Only to say I can't find anything in the manual either.

Maybe try clicking on a captured element in the production window to see if it has an upgrade path to usable equipment?

Post #: 3
RE: Captured Equipment rules? - 11/25/2021 2:32:24 PM   
Cavalry Corp

OK tks - this was quite important in WITE 1.

(in reply to Sammy5IsAlive)
Post #: 4
RE: Captured Equipment rules? - 11/25/2021 3:53:42 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cavalry Corp

OK tks - this was quite important in WITE 1.

worth bearing in mind the production system is one of those areas where the 2 games have nothing in common

Post #: 5
RE: Captured Equipment rules? - 11/25/2021 5:36:47 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Yes I know its all enhanced and I am pleased.

Equipment is captured - Can captured equipment go into units, thats all I was asking, cannot find anything about it. I have just started my first campaign of WITE2 in 1 as axis I had tons of stuff join my units. I wanted to know what happens to captured equipment now. It will be a big departure if captured equipment can no longer be used.

Are we looking at this appearing in the production system as Axis?

Cav

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 6
RE: Captured Equipment rules? - 11/25/2021 7:05:06 PM   
loki100

no its not enhanced, its uttely different.

the interaction of the chassis process with the element construction approach means that things that were important in WiTE1 are not of any importance

best place to track the captured stuff is in the logistics log, I believe that captures repurposing as 'exports'.

Post #: 7
RE: Captured Equipment rules? - 11/25/2021 7:26:20 PM   
Denniss

AFAIR in WitE1 they were able to use captured vehicles/guns in 10/41?

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 8
RE: Captured Equipment rules? - 11/26/2021 8:23:31 AM   
Cavalry Corp

Yes that is the real question - can the axis have captured equipment added to their units at xy date- its not in the manual anywhere I can see. BUT it does describe captured equipment.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 9
RE: Captured Equipment rules? - 11/26/2021 10:11:30 AM   
Stamb

If i recall correctly what i saw in the logistics logs - captured equipment was sent to a Finland, but none of the units on a map is using it.

Post #: 10
RE: Captured Equipment rules? - 2/6/2022 1:44:12 PM   
Stamb

From wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-34#German_use_of_T-34s

The German army often employed as much captured materiel as possible and T-34s were not an exception. Large numbers of T-34s were captured in fighting on the Eastern Front though few were T-34-85s. These were designated by the Germans as Panzerkampfwagen T-34 747(r). From late 1941, captured T-34s were transported to a German workshop for repairs and modification to German requirements. In 1943 a local tank factory in Kharkiv was used for this purpose. These were sometimes modified to German standards by the installation of a German commander's cupola and radio equipment.[citation needed]

The first captured T-34s entered German service during the summer of 1941. In order to prevent recognition mistakes, large-dimension crosses or even swastikas were painted on the tanks, including on top of the turret, in order to prevent attack by Axis aircraft. Badly damaged tanks were either dug in as pillboxes or were used for testing and training purposes.[citation needed]

I understand that [citation needed] but other links also says similar info.

While in game it clearly says 0 equipment used in units. Any ideas of integrating captured equipment for a on map units?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Stamb)
Post #: 11
RE: Captured Equipment rules? - 2/6/2022 2:08:17 PM   
Jango32

Based on Jentz's Panzer Tracts 19, most captured Soviet AFVs were either not in a condition to be used or if they were used, they were used in very small numbers and mostly in separate companies primarily in infantry divisions.

(in reply to Stamb)
Post #: 12
RE: Captured Equipment rules? - 2/6/2022 3:52:30 PM   
Denniss

By late 41 or early 42 there was an order to report any T-34 (maybe KVs as well) available in units, a later order specified to send T-34s back for collection and repair/upgrade in Riga.

(in reply to Jango32)
Post #: 13
RE: Captured Equipment rules? - 2/6/2022 4:55:04 PM   
Nikel

To compare, a screen in WitE1, with some use of captured equipment.

< Message edited by Nikel -- 2/6/2022 4:56:00 PM >

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 14
RE: Captured Equipment rules? - 2/6/2022 6:15:41 PM   
Joel Billings

Captured equipment is "exported" to an equivalent ground element that is set up for a given nationality. There were bugs fixed in 1.02.13 and 1.02.14 having to do with captured equipment. Now, in tests games, I see equipment being imported as called for by the individual ground element. So the Finns will import captured 45mm guns right away. The Rumanians aren't scheduled to start using that weapon until April 42. You will see them leave the pool of captured equipment, and you will see their designated Axis equivalent start being built and going in their pools. The one thing that is not correct on the captured equipment screen is it won't show the number of units using these elements (probably because the display is incorrectly looking at the Soviet weapon, instead of the Axis eqivalent). However, if you look in the rest of the production screen, you will now see T-34's being used by the Finnish armored division when it arrives in June 42, and by a few units like the Krimm battalion. Likely the AFVs will never be available in large enough quantities to sub in for a different ground element, so they will only go into units that call for Foreign tanks in their OBs. You will however see lots of guns and mortars go into all kinds of units over time.

< Message edited by Joel Billings -- 2/6/2022 6:16:22 PM >

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Nikel)
Post #: 15
RE: Captured Equipment rules? - 2/7/2022 4:31:42 PM   
snuffl

See the post on tech forum ... there is still a bug on it hopefully being tracked

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5043794

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 16
RE: Captured Equipment rules? - 2/7/2022 4:32:41 PM   
snuffl

See the post on tech forum still bugged hopefully being fixed

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5043794

sorry for double post

< Message edited by snuffl -- 2/7/2022 4:33:59 PM >

Post #: 17
RE: Captured Equipment rules? - 2/7/2022 7:56:34 PM   
Joel Billings

I'm pretty sure that's one of the bugs that was fixed in the recent versions I mentioned.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to snuffl)
Post #: 18
RE: Captured Equipment rules? - 2/7/2022 11:26:08 PM   
Feltan

For those that want more utilization of captured equipment, please keep in mind that in "real life" such use is very limited. I think the game gets it right.

The more moving parts a piece of equipment has, the higher the likelihood of a breakdown ... and the follow-on maintenance and logistics train. Ever try and get spark plugs or tires or spare parts for a foreign vehicle whose place of manufacture you are at war with? Ammunition for a weapon with a seemingly odd caliber? Historically and even today captured equipment is more of a novelty or training aid rather than TO&E. It's not that such equipment has no value, it's just that keeping it in working order is more trouble than the equipment is worth.

Regards,
Feltan

Post #: 19
RE: Captured Equipment rules? - 2/8/2022 3:55:22 AM   
snuffl

Yes Joel the part with the missing imports from minors was fixed in recent patch but the problem utilizing the captured equipment as "counting for production - substraction from equipment pool" still exists at least as far as the patch notes show it.

Kind regards chris

(in reply to Feltan)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Captured Equipment rules? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI