Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Depot "lock" option

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Feature Suggestions >> Depot "lock" option Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Depot "lock" option - 2/14/2022 11:47:24 AM   
Stamb

Current situation from the Axis point of view in `41 - `42
I have to use priority 4 depots in the north to get enough freight for my units there.
This allows me to stockpile some of the freight here, as north is the easiest sector to supply.

But because of this my depots in the center/south are getting less freight in comparison when depots in the north are set to 3.
So far so good.

Problem occurs when I set depots in the north to a priority 3 to get more freight moving to the center/south/
That depots in the north that are at 3 will get rid of their stored freight and send it to other depots that are at 4. For example Novgorod -> Orel/Kursk.
It means that I have to set them on 4 again for the next turn or I will not have enough supplies. Which means that center/south is again starving.

I think I should have an option to prevent depot to depot freight movement.

My proposal.
I have Novgorod at priority 4. It has 10k freight. I click lock/hold/you name it button on that depot and it means that it will not send any freight to other depots even if they are at higher priority. It can still receive freight.
And now when it is locked, I can set it to 3 without a fear that it will send all of the accumulated freight to some other depots.

It will allow depots to keep their freight that they accumulated over time and in the same time, use priority 4 depots to indicate that freight focus should be going to them.

< Message edited by Stamb -- 2/14/2022 11:49:24 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: Depot "lock" option - 2/14/2022 11:58:32 AM   
AlbertN

Proposed something like that long ago!

I am in full agreement - ontop of extra 'logic' flow of freight; and some potential switches / automations.

Automations can be like 'T1 Priority 4, T2 Priority 4, T3 Priority 1' for a depot, a cycling pattern in this case of 3 turns. (Pretty much a 'take in, take in, release' cycle here). It would change nothing except being a commodity of life - and saving the gamer a lot of time otherwise sank in micromanagement of said freight / depots.

(in reply to Stamb)
Post #: 2
RE: Depot "lock" option - 2/14/2022 3:33:35 PM   
Cavalry Corp

And Depot to unit !

Agree there should be a depot lock button (do not send out) esp for depots that are a long way from the front insisting on sending trucks nearly 30 hexes.

I found one reason I loose so many trucks is that they are taking (without asking:) from depots 25 / 30 hexes away when they are sitting on a depot already one MOT Div lost 150 trucks in one turn

(in reply to AlbertN)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Feature Suggestions >> Depot "lock" option Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI