Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: I love Allied SigInt

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: I love Allied SigInt Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I love Allied SigInt - 2/17/2022 6:44:56 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: JanSako

Part of Japanese setup on turn 1 - set all your garrison & base force units in Manchuria, Korea, Home Islands & China that you won't be moving to prep for random ports that you have no intention of ever assaulting. Then set some of them to ports that you do intend to assault.

Maybe not Abadan & such, but setting a couple of Infantry divisions to prep against Anchorage... you get the point :-)

Of course real experienced players will probably know which of these are 'fully restricted' & therefore fake, BUT they could dismiss this report as a ploy & miss the unrestricted division that is coming for real.

I wonder if FOW can cause the report to say Division X prepping for place Y, but get the name of the division wrong?

Nice damn you guys are tricky

Only downside is you are losing the ability to train units at their current position though as I believe units have to be prepped 100% to their location and set to rest/train to begin seeing training experience increases...

Units that are 100% prepped do not have to be at that location in order to gain experience. They just have to be 100% prepped.

Also units will not gain experience this way anyway past the national morale level; I don't see Japanese units, for example, going past 54 exp unless it's via combat.

Ah good to know could have sworn I read that somewhere! Where can you find the national morale level?

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 31
RE: I love Allied SigInt - 2/17/2022 6:46:25 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: JanSako

Part of Japanese setup on turn 1 - set all your garrison & base force units in Manchuria, Korea, Home Islands & China that you won't be moving to prep for random ports that you have no intention of ever assaulting. Then set some of them to ports that you do intend to assault.

Maybe not Abadan & such, but setting a couple of Infantry divisions to prep against Anchorage... you get the point :-)

Of course real experienced players will probably know which of these are 'fully restricted' & therefore fake, BUT they could dismiss this report as a ploy & miss the unrestricted division that is coming for real.

I wonder if FOW can cause the report to say Division X prepping for place Y, but get the name of the division wrong?

Nice damn you guys are tricky

Only downside is you are losing the ability to train units at their current position though as I believe units have to be prepped 100% to their location and set to rest/train to begin seeing training experience increases...

Units that are 100% prepped do not have to be at that location in order to gain experience. They just have to be 100% prepped.

Also units will not gain experience this way anyway past the national morale level; I don't see Japanese units, for example, going past 54 exp unless it's via combat.

Did you mean to say 'morale'? That word is a different thing than 'experience', and morale can always rise to 99 if conditions are right.

Good point that is confusing...

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 32
RE: I love Allied SigInt - 2/17/2022 7:03:57 PM   
Q-Ball

Sorry, I was conflating this with another game!

There is a table of national experience somewhere. Generally, I see Japanese, UK, Indian units top out at 54 or so, Chinese at 50, Australian at 60, and USA at 55 or 60 depending on Army or Marines

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 33
RE: I love Allied SigInt - 2/18/2022 10:19:45 AM   
Platoonist

quote:

There is a table of national experience somewhere.

Page 187 of the manual. Or right here.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Platoonist -- 2/18/2022 10:23:17 AM >

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 34
RE: I love Allied SigInt - 2/18/2022 8:14:38 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Platoonist

quote:

There is a table of national experience somewhere.

Page 187 of the manual. Or right here.

Thanks!

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 35
RE: I love Allied SigInt - 2/19/2022 2:10:22 AM   
spence

Those charts perfectly explain why the Yamato, Musashi, all the IJN CVs etc have a crew experience in excess of 65 (even when they were commissioned in 1944)

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: I love Allied SigInt Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI