Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Error in MWIF explanation of role of ENG in battle?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Error in MWIF explanation of role of ENG in battle? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Error in MWIF explanation of role of ENG in battle? - 2/22/2022 4:02:02 PM   
Joseignacio

This is what MWIF says. Note that engineers are granted a +1 when attacking a city

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Error in MWIF explanation of role of ENG in battle? - 2/22/2022 4:04:50 PM   
Joseignacio

Here is an extract of the same RAW rules that MWIF offers:

quote:

Combat Engineers
Face-up ENG are not halved or thirded when attacking or overrunning across a river, canal or fort hexside. They also provide this benefit to as many land units they are stacked with as the ENG unit’s combat value. ENG attacking across both a river and a fort hexside, ignore only the fort hexside. The defender still has all other combat benefits if behind a fort hexside.

Engineers provide +1 to the land combat die roll (see 11.16.5) when attacking a 2 or 3 factory stack city. Defending engineers subtract 1 from the die roll when defending a 2 or 3 factory stack city. These benefits are in addition to the other benefits and can be used simultaneously (e.g. gaining both benefits when attacking across a river into a 2 factory city).

If an ENG provides any benefits in an attack, it always suffers the first loss (even before white print units attacking in winter).

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 2
RE: Error in MWIF explanation of role of ENG in battle? - 2/23/2022 6:52:54 AM   
Orm

Both are correct. This because one is the regular rule, and the other is with the 2d10 option that when in play replaces the regular rule.

+1 per ENG factor when attacking (or -1 when defending) a city is only in play with the 2d10.

The +1 to the land combat die roll when attacking a 2 or 3 factory stack city is the rule for playing with the 1d10.

< Message edited by Orm -- 2/23/2022 6:53:21 AM >

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 3
RE: Error in MWIF explanation of role of ENG in battle? - 2/23/2022 8:14:39 AM   
Joseignacio

Wow thanks, I had never played with 1d10 in many years of WIF, I wouldnt have imagined.

Edit: Although those modifiers are in the 2d10 table explanations, as can be seen above.

< Message edited by Joseignacio -- 2/23/2022 10:54:19 AM >

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Error in MWIF explanation of role of ENG in battle? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI