Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WNT question?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> WNT question? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WNT question? - 2/23/2022 12:21:56 AM   
DOCUP

What did each country (UK, US, Japan, France, Italy, extra credit Germany) desire going into the WNT? Ie British wanted more light cruisers than heavy and higher cruiser tonnage, while the Japanese wanted heavy cruisers, certain amount of tonnage (60% off the top of my head) as compared to the US.
Post #: 1
RE: WNT question? - 2/23/2022 12:41:08 AM   
BBfanboy

From what I have read, Japan always felt it should have parity with the US and GB because it sided with the GB-US side in WWI. It felt slighted by the naval treaties that held them to 2/3 of the tonnage that GB and the US got. Japan subsequently felt justified in cheating on treaty tonnage limits for individual ships.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 2
RE: WNT question? - 2/23/2022 1:22:31 AM   
Platoonist

On balance, the naval treaties benefited Japan, leaving her with naval supremacy in the Pacific and shielding her from a ruinous arms race with more industrially powerful rivals, while the restrictions on American fortifications in the Pacific left the Philippines and Guam dangerously vulnerable. Yet, ironically they still left the Japanese feeling humiliated and resentful. An bad combination.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> WNT question? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI