Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1913 - The Great Game - Feedback

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> MODS and Scenarios >> 1913 - The Great Game - Feedback Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1913 - The Great Game - Feedback - 2/21/2022 3:21:34 PM   
Keenan

Hi,

not sure if it is expected but in case the author (Hubert mentioned Rainer Klahold but I could not find a user to pm him directly) of "1913 - The Great Game" appreciates some feedback, I can share some initial findings (after playtesting the two first years):

1. One event causes the Ottomans to get back to 0% mobilization after Russia attacks Persia (an Ottoman minor), I suppose it was intended the other way around (otherwise the Ottomans would be scared off in full by an Russian aggression in the area which would be a bit weird):
quote:

#NAME= Ossm.R. mobilized after russian attack on Persia
;100 activation increase towards Entente
#MOBILIZATION= [100,100] [2]
-->
#NAME= Ossm.R. mobilized after russian attack on Persia
;100 activation increase towards CP
#MOBILIZATION= [100,100] [1]

2. Seems Latvia and Estonia have been switched out geographically.
3. The capital for Finland is technically a Major Capital not a regular (Minor) one.
4. Just cosmetics: In South America there are a few orphaned hexes (5) which belong to Australia and Brunei.
5. Just cosmetics: Eastern German Africa seems to use Czech graphics (HQ flag [not really relevant], active symbol).
6. An oddity on coastal forts: They seem to possess one AP (even though I could not move any existing one operationally) and in my game Russia started to build them a) on the Persian border and b) moved them into Persia via road as kind of very slow artillery.
7. Open point: The convoy option from Japan to Germany was deactivated for me as soon as South Africa joined the Entente (technically the convoy route moves through the (initial neutral) Capetown port which seems to cause this blocking effect). Could be both by design or just a glitch.
8. Resources in Russia have been reduced in max strength (towns to 6 for example - possibly to make things harder for invaders while allowing full supply for the Russians themselves), however settlements (supposed to be the smallest ones) retain a max value of 8. Is this by design?

So the first one can be annoying for players but the rest seems minor stuff to me.

And again thanks a lot for both putting the work in and sharing with the community. The scenario looks great!

Post #: 1
RE: 1913 - The Great Game - Feedback - 2/22/2022 12:48:52 AM   
CaesarAug

Yes, and there are some other mismatched, isolated hexes: Brazil and Arabia.

Argentina was not itself: the entire country was assigned to a neutral Black ownership.
And then when I edited all the hexes to belong to Argentina, there was a further mismatch with Arabia controlled by the Ottoman Empire.

After editing the correct Country ID to 5 for Argentina (it is Arabia in game-default) things started to look up. But the capital of Buenos Aires does not show the correct flag sprite. I managed to edit that as well… but for some reason that escapes me, it doesn’t show up corrected in the editor…

(in reply to Keenan)
Post #: 2
RE: 1913 - The Great Game - Feedback - 2/22/2022 8:21:30 AM   
bortutoth

The Ottoman Empire starts with 850% National Morale, which should be 85%, I guess

(in reply to CaesarAug)
Post #: 3
RE: 1913 - The Great Game - Feedback - 2/23/2022 6:51:02 AM   
rainerklahold

Good Morning,

I am the developper of the mod. Thanks for your feedback.

I will fix the broken script to Ossm.Reich and also the broken morale. Fortress artillery has low movement, but requires 1 point to transport it by rail. To be honest, I didn't think about South America :) sorry for that.

I hope all players will find my instructions in

\steam\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Strategic Command World War I\Community Pack\Campaigns\_1913 The Great Game' subfolder via the 'The Great Game.rtf' document file.

Rainer

(in reply to bortutoth)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> MODS and Scenarios >> 1913 - The Great Game - Feedback Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI