Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Too bad this is dead

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [[Fantasy]] >> Sovereignty: Crown of Kings >> Too bad this is dead Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Too bad this is dead - 7/7/2020 12:21:19 AM   
LarryP

I love this type of game, and they did this well, except for abandoning it.
Post #: 1
RE: Too bad this is dead - 7/10/2020 1:49:53 AM   
donkuchi19

I agree - Love the concept of the game, but everytime I play, I get frustrated because of a crash and no way to continue the game.

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 2
RE: Too bad this is dead - 7/10/2020 7:34:35 PM   
LarryP

What can we do, nothing. Bought the game, move on, seems unfair.

(in reply to donkuchi19)
Post #: 3
RE: Too bad this is dead - 8/15/2020 6:54:03 PM   
Skeleton

This was the second or third game in a row, for me at least, that they released that ultimately killed PC games and what was as I once knew it Matrix games. The others was the swords civil war game, World in Flames promise of AI, ASL clone Tigers Hunt or whatever it was called.

After David Heath left, a lot of what I once loved about the games and Matrix started to change and really soured me. I used to purchase just about everything they put out, regardless of the increasing cost and sub par quality. Maybe I changed and just got old and cranky. Sad, but time moves on and I would much rather spend my money on board games now, which is why I started playing PC war games to start with; no one to play them with! Ironic.

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 4
RE: Too bad this is dead - 8/20/2020 2:19:51 PM   
Nimrod 9th

I wanted to buy this game. Badly. Came very close a number of times. But reading all the complaints about crashes kept me from pulling the trigger. Still check the forum once a month or two. Wonder how many others out there were like me? Matrix could have made lots of money on this game if the developers hadn't abandoned it. Look how popular games that developers haven't abandoned are. Games that keep receiving patches and updates and mods seem to sell a very long time. Wonder how much money those games are making?

(in reply to Skeleton)
Post #: 5
RE: Too bad this is dead - 1/15/2021 2:03:13 AM   
kaliyama

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skeleton

This was the second or third game in a row, for me at least, that they released that ultimately killed PC games and what was as I once knew it Matrix games. The others was the swords civil war game, World in Flames promise of AI, ASL clone Tigers Hunt or whatever it was called.

After David Heath left, a lot of what I once loved about the games and Matrix started to change and really soured me. I used to purchase just about everything they put out, regardless of the increasing cost and sub par quality. Maybe I changed and just got old and cranky. Sad, but time moves on and I would much rather spend my money on board games now, which is why I started playing PC war games to start with; no one to play them with! Ironic.

Yeah, I have had the exact same arc. It used to be the bad matrix game was the rare exception. Now, half-finished unplayable garbage is the rule. I gave up after this failed to be supported - thank god I didn't drop a bunch of $$ on World in Flames when they didn't bother to include the AI. I don't understand who keeps buying these games - why not release fewer games but actually invest enough resources in them so they are complete games? They would make so much more money that way.

(in reply to Skeleton)
Post #: 6
RE: Too bad this is dead - 1/15/2021 2:50:38 AM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: kaliyama

quote:

Yeah, I have had the exact same arc. It used to be the bad matrix game was the rare exception. Now, half-finished unplayable garbage is the rule. I gave up after this failed to be supported - thank god I didn't drop a bunch of $$ on World in Flames when they didn't bother to include the AI. I don't understand who keeps buying these games - why not release fewer games but actually invest enough resources in them so they are complete games? They would make so much more money that way.

I bought WiF because it promised AI. Now I see it may never happen at all. I'm still trying to enjoy solitaire mode.

(in reply to kaliyama)
Post #: 7
RE: Too bad this is dead - 9/24/2021 6:46:05 AM   
Agathosdaimon

OH man, i cant this one was discontinued already, - i always wanted to get a copy from Matrix Games at some point
what is this crash issue? i havent experienced it myself, but maybe i havent played it long enough

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 8
RE: Too bad this is dead - 10/7/2021 7:01:21 AM   
eddieballgame

quote:

ORIGINAL: Agathosdaimon

OH man, i cant this one was discontinued already, - i always wanted to get a copy from Matrix Games at some point
what is this crash issue? i havent experienced it myself, but maybe i havent played it long enough

This game has/had so much potential.
Great concept & was quite fun.
A shame the game has been abandoned, again...so much potential. :(

(in reply to Agathosdaimon)
Post #: 9
RE: Too bad this is dead - 7/11/2023 7:02:12 PM   
Jeebo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kaliyama

quote:

'Cause people keep buying those, hence why it much more appealing to keep pumping half-baked stuff out... Same with pretty much every dev, as long as sales stay stable - nothing changes

(in reply to kaliyama)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [[Fantasy]] >> Sovereignty: Crown of Kings >> Too bad this is dead Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI