Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Found Out How to Edit Maps!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword >> Found Out How to Edit Maps! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Found Out How to Edit Maps! - 3/20/2021 2:56:32 PM   
UnionWarDog

I'm currently setting up some scenarios and OOB. My first goal would be to create the SHILOH battle but I can't seem to find out how to add ironclads to the OOB.

I think, now that maps can be create, that this should open a whole new prospect for this game. :)
Post #: 1
RE: Found Out How to Edit Maps! - 3/23/2021 6:16:05 PM   
zakblood

good luck and wish you all the best and look forward to seeing and hopefully playing what ever you wish to share and or make

(in reply to UnionWarDog)
Post #: 2
RE: Found Out How to Edit Maps! - 12/3/2021 3:06:15 PM   
BigBog

Hi UnionWarDog, Zakblood, or anyone else who knows--

Wondering if anything has transpired here or if anyone can share how to edit or make a new map.

I just bought the game with the Holiday sale and after some graphics mods actually like the game a lot--enough to maybe make a few small map engagements.

However, since there is no map creator/editor--I'm assuming that map creation is based on some form of hex-editing? not sure however what to do (load it)or how to interpret the map *.gbmap files, as there are LOTs of zeros and then I see areas of the file where there are numbers. Not sure what those reflect as far as terrain-?

Any help here would be appreciated and if I do map a map, I'd post it up for all to use/enjoy.

I've done some text editing on the scenario files, but really want to make a map of Pea Ridge or some of the smaller battles to try.

Best Wishes,
BigBog

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 3
RE: Found Out How to Edit Maps! - 7/12/2023 3:43:27 PM   
Jeebo

Same question as BigBog, maybe there are some sort of community-made editor for maps? Thanks

(in reply to BigBog)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword >> Found Out How to Edit Maps! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI