Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Determining what ammo you shoot (an idea)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Determining what ammo you shoot (an idea) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Determining what ammo you shoot (an idea) - 9/30/2003 2:10:12 AM   
Vathailos

Had this thought examining some units I’d purchased in a battle where I’m playing a country whose OOB I’m not familiar with.

There are the standard HE/AP loadouts, some vehicles have HEAT or APCR, we all know that. What we can’t control currently are occasions where your AFV will use up all its APCR OP-against those advancing Halftracks, only to leave you dreaming of that APCR round when that Tiger crests the hill two hexes away.

I thought of a possible solution, but am not sure what’d be required with regard to coding changes.

My thought is this. Currently, on the unit ID screen (spacebar), you can turn on/off individual weapons systems. I think it would be a great idea to have that same red/green off/on functionality by clicking on the ammo type column that already exists there. If the ammo type is turned “off” the computer simply treats it as empty.

Is this a decent, needed function? Is it a possible one to implement?

Your thoughts?
Post #: 1
- 9/30/2003 2:35:14 AM   
Belisarius

Good idea, no clue about the possibility.

What i wonder is - how is the ammo selection determined now? Will the crew select APCR/HEAT/APDS/HVAP vs. an AC or light tank, or save it for the instances where the "regular" AP ammo has no chance whatsoever of penetration?

I'd like a speedy reply of this question as I'm about to hurl 50mm PzIII at Gary, and I'd like to know if they're gonna spend their 6 APCR rounds at the first targets or save them for the juicy ones... :p

Got StuG?

(in reply to Vathailos)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Determining what ammo you shoot (an idea) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI