Determining what ammo you shoot (an idea) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Vathailos -> Determining what ammo you shoot (an idea) (9/30/2003 2:10:12 AM)

Had this thought examining some units I’d purchased in a battle where I’m playing a country whose OOB I’m not familiar with.

There are the standard HE/AP loadouts, some vehicles have HEAT or APCR, we all know that. What we can’t control currently are occasions where your AFV will use up all its APCR OP-against those advancing Halftracks, only to leave you dreaming of that APCR round when that Tiger crests the hill two hexes away.

I thought of a possible solution, but am not sure what’d be required with regard to coding changes.

My thought is this. Currently, on the unit ID screen (spacebar), you can turn on/off individual weapons systems. I think it would be a great idea to have that same red/green off/on functionality by clicking on the ammo type column that already exists there. If the ammo type is turned “off” the computer simply treats it as empty.

Is this a decent, needed function? Is it a possible one to implement?

Your thoughts?

Belisarius -> (9/30/2003 2:35:14 AM)

Good idea, no clue about the possibility.

What i wonder is - how is the ammo selection determined now? Will the crew select APCR/HEAT/APDS/HVAP vs. an AC or light tank, or save it for the instances where the "regular" AP ammo has no chance whatsoever of penetration?

I'd like a speedy reply of this question as I'm about to hurl 50mm PzIII at Gary, and I'd like to know if they're gonna spend their 6 APCR rounds at the first targets or save them for the juicy ones... :p

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI