Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Still bugged after more 2 months

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> Still bugged after more 2 months Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Still bugged after more 2 months - 10/7/2003 3:21:27 AM   
Niwotian60

AFTER 2 MONTHS OF NO SUPPORT ...

I bought KP the day it came out. I installed it on a very clean, high-end machine. The credits and opening splash screens worked fine but when it got to the actual program I only get a black screen. I reinstalled from scratch using my 2nd CD drive (I even deleted the remnants from the registry; apparently KP doesn't do a clean deinstall even immediately after installing). Same problem.

I reported this along with all of my system specs (I'll repeat them below) in an existing thread that identified the exact same problem. I waited two weeks. No reply, so I repeated my problem and received the reply from Mark that they were aware of the problem and a fix was in the near future. More than 6 weeks later now and no fix, no replies, and I can't even find the original thread. The 1.1 patch thread doesn't even mention the problem. What do I need to do to get support for a game I paid $45 for?

My system specs (for the 3rd time) are:

3.2GHz P4, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD, NVidia GeForce 5900 FX 256MB, SB Audigy 2, 2 @ DVD/CD RW, WinXP Pro, DirectX 9.0a.

I use the machine to run several other games with much higher spec requirements without problem. I will happily provide the DXDIAG and any other system info desired to help resolve this problem, but I am very frustrated at the complete lack of support. I am forwarding a copy of this email to the MD BBB as well.
Post #: 1
- 10/7/2003 8:04:02 AM   
Fred98

It generally works something like this:

A video card is released in January

A game is released in March and works fine with the video card

New video drivers are released in May but you don’t download them because all your games are working fine.

A new game is released in July but it needs the new drivers. If you don’t properly delete the old drivers there is a conflict. The new game won’t run but all your old games, with higher specs run fine.

You download the new drivers and then, sometimes older game refuses to run and you blame it on the new game – it’s actually a drivers issue.

Unfortunately, such is life.

(in reply to Niwotian60)
Post #: 2
DXDIAG Sent - 10/8/2003 5:28:21 AM   
Niwotian60

Mark, I have sent the DXDIAG and a description of the problem to the email address you specified.

(in reply to Niwotian60)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> Still bugged after more 2 months Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI