Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Desert Fox 1941

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Desert Fox 1941 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Desert Fox 1941 - 10/9/2003 6:07:34 PM   
Rhodan

Yes yes Yes I am a tad slow I know! :D

Finally got to download it and I run into problems as described here:

[URL]http://www.matrixgames.com/default.asp?URL=http%3A//www.matrixgames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php%3Fs%3D%26forumid%3D9[/URL]

As you can see the solutions offered there did not work for most , the problem seems to kick in right at the time the installer software is trying to mess around with the registry. Did any of you guys had similar problem and managed to work their way around it? If so I would very very much like to hear how you did it.

Don't start with that search thing..I did and frankly the list that popped up only discouraged me more *L*

Here's hoping...

Rho out.

[img]http://www.geocities.com/katzzuck/VCFIREFLY.txt[/img]
Post #: 1
- 10/10/2003 6:08:59 AM   
Wild Bill

With more details, I might be able to help, Rhodan. We'll start with some basics. Inside your SPWAW Folder there should be a "Megacam" folder. As pertains to Desert Fox, you should see in there... Megacam\The Desert Fox-41 (A folder that contains all DF files) Megacam\The Desert Fox-41.cfg (this is the file that shows the campaign and kicks it off) Megacam\Mainsplash.lbm Megacam\Save (another folder where your save files go) Is this what you have in your megacam folder? Do you have all of these? Tell me what you see when you look inside your megacam folder? WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Rhodan)
Post #: 2
question on MC SE for Wild Bill - 10/12/2003 4:24:19 AM   
STEELER13

[COLOR=Blue]Yo Wild Bill,
I have also had problems loading MCNA and MCLV when I received them over the Summer--BTW, Thank you Matrix for re-selling these greats!
Being a little computer savvy I was able to figure out which files and folders went where, but I still got stuck until I saw in an old post about renaming the "Matrix Games" folder to "MatrixGames" no space!
Guess my point is please advise powers that be to look into the install feature of the game to make it "user-friendly" for the newbies getting into SPWAW and the FANTASTIC MegaCampaigns.

Thank you![/COLOR]

BEST WISHES,
STEELER

(in reply to Rhodan)
Post #: 3
- 10/12/2003 9:09:25 PM   
Rhodan

Allright Wild Bill, that seemed to do the trick, it would seem the program created a nesting folder within the main folder. Thank you very much for taking the time to talk me through this. I plan to enjoy MCDF now :)

- slap on the fingers of Matrix for not fixing this install bug that showed up on the boards some time ago. This was downright sloppy, sorry guys.

- another slap for not taking the time to reply to my email last tuesday(wednesday?), letting me at least know it was received and my concerns looked into.

- last but not least, I do not know who to look at for this , but I really dont appreciate any kind of software being installed on my computer , be it spyware, adware or whatever, by either Matrixgames or it's distribituor. Both installing SPWaW7.1 and MCDF my firewall went beserk, telling me a program called SUF60runtime had tried to access the Net. This puppy seems to be linked to somethign called irsetup.exe , which in turn resides int he temp folder while installing takes place. If this program serves a useful purpose such as checking for newer versions etc then, ofcourse, I will withdraw this complaints immediately.

I am really not the kind of guy that complains easily about software, and I can live with bugs within the code, but sheesh... this was something that could have been dealt with some time ago.

WB, once again, thanks for taking the time to help me through, I owe you one :D

[img]http://www.geocities.com/katzzuck/VCFIREFLY.txt[/img]

(in reply to Rhodan)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Desert Fox 1941 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI