Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

mega campaign version and stereo sound files

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> mega campaign version and stereo sound files Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
mega campaign version and stereo sound files - 7/31/2001 7:12:00 AM   
ericstat

Hello all. I am one of the fortunate ones spending my summer in the desert with Herr Rommel. I unfortunately had a Microsoft situation where I had to reformat my machine and start from scratch, but I was able to save my Mega Campaign files. Quick question, I noticed on the Mega Campaign homepage that they have version 5.3 as the current version, but mine displays 5.0. I am patched up to 6.1 on the regular game. I hunted everywhere for a Mega Campaign patch, but none were to be found. Do I have the latest? Also, I noticed some others said the stereo sounds were on the Mega Campaign CD. Does this mean it is automatically installed with the MC? Or do I have to download/install it seperate? Thanks for all the help. See you in the desert. EAS

Post #: 1
- 7/31/2001 7:26:00 AM   
MacCready

I recently reformatted because of a FUBAR registery in windows and my megecampaign files that I burned onto disc will not load after i rienstalled the mega campaign and attempted to start it up again. It gives no error or anyhting just wont work. So I must start the mega campaign over at some point. Not a problem really though,It's really fun.

(in reply to ericstat)
Post #: 2
- 7/31/2001 8:01:00 AM   
Supervisor

The version on the page is displayed as the current version of SPWAW that was shipping with the latest releases of MC CD. As for the stereo files I'm not sure if they are on the latest releases they weren't on the original shipments. If you want to download them go to the Matrix Site or the Armor Site http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/spwaw_downloads.htm There are also MC scenario fixes to Desert Fox 1941 also on the Armor site, they fix problems with scenario problems within MC. Happy Gaming [ July 30, 2001: Message edited by: gmenfan ]

(in reply to ericstat)
Post #: 3
- 8/1/2001 12:30:00 AM   
RolandRahn_MatrixForum

Hello ericstad, if you have any problems downloading the soundfiles, send me an email with your adress and I will send you a CD with the sound files (this offer is for everybody here, I still have 11 CDs with the sound files... :D) roland.rahn@cityweb.de Kind regards, Roland

(in reply to ericstat)
Post #: 4
- 8/1/2001 4:02:00 AM   
dgstokes

I went to the armorsite and for the life of me can't seem to locate the mentioned MC updates. Am I just blind or what. Any other assistance would be appreciated. I also couldn't seem to locate any MC fixes at Matrix either.

(in reply to ericstat)
Post #: 5
- 8/1/2001 4:21:00 AM   
Supervisor

The MegaCampaign fix is titled "Wild Bill Wilder Revised Desert Fox Megacampaign Scenario Pack! Monday, July 23, 2001." second heading below the table on top of the page. The Armor Site address is http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/spwaw_downloads.htm Happy gaming

(in reply to ericstat)
Post #: 6
- 8/1/2001 5:54:00 AM   
ruxius

Herr Roland makes here a very generous offer to everybody ...before taking advantage of this opportunity I would ask if someone knows about this : will that files be included in some MEGACD ? (In ex. the EasternFront MEGACD ?) If no answer , well I will add myself into the competition for the eleventh CD ! :) Thank you

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

(in reply to ericstat)
Post #: 7
- 8/3/2001 2:08:00 AM   
dgstokes

Thanks gmenfan, I have finally seen the light. I've downloaded and installed. again, thanks!!!

(in reply to ericstat)
Post #: 8
- 8/4/2001 12:43:00 AM   
MarkFroio

quote:

Originally posted by ruxius: Herr Roland makes here a very generous offer to everybody ...before taking advantage of this opportunity I would ask if someone knows about this : will that files be included in some MEGACD ? (In ex. the EasternFront MEGACD ?) If no answer , well I will add myself into the competition for the eleventh CD ! :) Thank you
I've been trying to get the answer to this question for about two weeks now. Does anyone know?

(in reply to ericstat)
Post #: 9
- 8/7/2001 4:49:00 AM   
MarkFroio

quote:

Originally posted by Max VonLoben: I've been trying to get the answer to this question for about two weeks now. Does anyone know?
Bump

(in reply to ericstat)
Post #: 10
- 8/7/2001 5:08:00 AM   
Supervisor

Max: I'll try to help with your question if I'm understanding it correctly. What is included on the MegaCampaign CD's is the complete version (which ever is the current one when the CD is burned) of SPWAW with the MegaCampaign add on, along with all the other necessity files to include the manual, CD lables, Combat net software and other built in features to get you up and running to use SPWAW to it's fullest. From what I understand the updated stereo sound files have also been incorperated into the CD starting with version 5.3 of SPWAW. The designers may include some additional critical file backups on the CD that may have proven to be troublesome to gamers. They may also include at their discretion some extras such as demos of upcoming Matrix products or utilities that may aid in the enjoyment of their products. [ August 08, 2001: Message edited by: gmenfan ]

(in reply to ericstat)
Post #: 11
- 8/7/2001 6:53:00 AM   
tracer

Are the sound files located anywhere besides Matrix ? Are they maybe on someplace like Gamesdomain too? I've tried numerous times to d/l them, using both the weblink on the page and my FTP program, but I can't even get connected with Matrix's FTP server.

Jim NSB

(in reply to ericstat)
Post #: 12
- 8/7/2001 8:31:00 AM   
Supervisor

At this time the only place that I know of to download the stereo sound files is Matrix, maybe if we ask Fabio nicely he will add it to The Armor Site http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/main.html

(in reply to ericstat)
Post #: 13
- 8/7/2001 10:49:00 AM   
tracer

quote:

Originally posted by gmenfan: At this time the only place that I know of to download the stereo sound files is Matrix, maybe if we ask Fabio nicely he will add it to The Armor Site http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/main.html
He has a link to it on his downloads page, but I'd guess 200+mb is a little over his ISP's (heck, anybodys ISP) limit. :eek:

Jim NSB

(in reply to ericstat)
Post #: 14
- 8/9/2001 4:05:00 AM   
MarkFroio

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gmenfan: [QB]Max: I'll try to help with your question Thanks gmenfan.

(in reply to ericstat)
Post #: 15
- 8/9/2001 5:12:00 AM   
Supervisor

Max: I'm glad I could help and hopefully I gave the answers you were looking for.

(in reply to ericstat)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> mega campaign version and stereo sound files Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI