Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Public Release Date for SP: WaW

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> The Public Release Date for SP: WaW Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Public Release Date for SP: WaW - 8/1/2001 11:20:00 PM   
Barry Wilson

Hey guys, just registered here. Looks like a great site. My question. I've owned in the past all the Steel Panthers games (all of them). I've looked forward to the game system being put into either Windows 95, 98, etc. When I finally heard that it was being done in those formats and being called Steel Panthers: World at War I was really excited. Now, here's the thing. It was scheduled for public release in April of this year, then June of this year, then August of this year, and now it's indeterminate. Then, presto, I find out that I can download the thing from Matrix for free! It was going to cost some $40 when released publicly, but now it's free!? Guys, I don't understand what's happening here. Now, I'm not disappointed mind you, just very, very puzzled. SSI was supposed to be the releaser. What's happened? -- if you don't mind telling me. I just downloaded "Get Right" after an abortive attempt to download the game itself (got to 36% before I got cut off -- grrrrr!), so now I hope to finally get the game. Then, hopefully, I'll get all the addons. Steel Panthers was at one time my favorite sim. I really love TalonSofts stuff (East Front II, West Front, etc.), but I sure miss Steel Panthers and would love to get back into it. Any suggestions, etc. on that score would be most welcome. I've been into wargaming for 30 years.

Post #: 1
- 8/1/2001 11:37:00 PM   
jackssn

Get the game and the mc you will not be dissapointed. I was a SSI fan for years and this makes there efforts look poor. The game download is large but worth the effort.

(in reply to Barry Wilson)
Post #: 2
- 8/1/2001 11:41:00 PM   
Warhorse

Welcome Barry!! As far as I know we were never allowed to sell the product. I think sometimes ANY game that is in the works is found out by some venders or something, and then it's put into advertising an appropriate release date?! We had to use existing source code supplied to us from SSI, the stipulation being we could not profit from it! We are, however, allowed to profit from the MegaCampaign, since the code is reworked, and alot of extras thrown in :) Hope you get the game downloaded and installed soon, it is definitely great fun!!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

Post #: 3
- 8/2/2001 1:15:00 AM   
TheZel66

SSI sold out- was bought by a larger game manufacturer, who thought that there was no market for the Steel Panthers series. Any of you former SSI guys, correct me if im wrong. Boy, were they wrong... Anyway, the guys at Matrix championed the SP project, and have created a far better game, for free. Please buy the MegaCampaign- not only will it help continue the Matrix tradition, but its has, quite frankly, some of the most exciting scenarios available for the game.

Post #: 4
- 8/2/2001 1:42:00 AM   
RolandRahn_MatrixForum

Welcome, Barry! SPWAW is the best Steel Panthers game I know (have also played SP1, SP2 and SP3)! And the MCNA is worth every cent! However, if you still have problems downloading SPWAW, send me an email (roland.rahn@cityweb.de) with your adress and I will send you a CD (with SPWAW Version 4.4 and all necessary upgrades for Version 6.1) Kind regards, Roland [ August 01, 2001: Message edited by: RolandRahn ]

Post #: 5
- 8/2/2001 3:13:00 AM   
Huffy

Barry...treat yourself...and buy the Mega-campain...it's only 25.00, half the price you pay at the mall for a game you know nothing about except magazine reviews. It comes with SPWAW 5.3 on the cd...and it's just a small download upgrade for 6.1. Anyway...welcome aboard. Take care.... Huffy

Post #: 6
- 8/2/2001 4:31:00 AM   
Fabio Prado

Welcome to the family, Barry! You can download the latest updates and a lot of other goodies at my SPWAW Downloads Page. Of course, since you are there, please feel free to visit The ARMOR SITE! ;) Also, don't forget to stop by: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources :cool: 28th North West Battalion Headquarters :cool: SP Arsenal :cool: and last, but by no means least: Wild Bill And The Riders :cool: Fab

Post #: 7
- 8/2/2001 6:27:00 AM   
Larry W. Wilson

I'll echo what everyone else has said---welcome to the best WWII game anywhere. PS...it's nice to see that I'm not the only pastor who enjoys a good war game!

Twenty-Nine, Let's Go

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> The Public Release Date for SP: WaW Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI