Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Why? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why? - 10/24/2003 10:59:57 AM   
siRkid

Why can't we have a Turn Based game that uses graphic like in the RTS games? Take Medieval Total War for example, I would love to see that game turned base.

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

Post #: 1
- 10/24/2003 8:46:16 PM   
Fredflak

Well i'm not sure what you mean. But if you mean a 3D engine for battles in a turn based game. Well you will find that in the Combat Mission games, they are turn based where you give orders for the turn, and you can watch the action in 3D.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 2
- 10/27/2003 8:10:38 PM   
laika

Well, there is a good game turn-base with 3d graf. Only problem it is set in future. Take a look at battle Isle 4 (Andosia War) .I played that one for a hole time. i loved it even it wasn't a ww2 setting.

[url]www.bluebyte.net[/url]

greetz

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 3
- 10/28/2003 8:05:30 AM   
Hertston

[QUOTE=Kid]Why can't we have a Turn Based game that uses graphic like in the RTS games? Take Medieval Total War for example, I would love to see that game turned base.[/QUOTE]

I think the simple answer is that turn based games are pretty much a minority interest, and don't sell (relatively) that many copies. There are exceptions of course.. Civilisation springs to mind.

Those sort of graphics take a lot of man hours, and money, to develop. As in a turn based game they would be nothing but eye candy, they aren't necessary, and although more copies would be sold I doubt the extra sales would cover the extra development costs. You might want to check out the Silent Storm demo though, that looks pretty good.

EYSA isn't quite the same thing, it has the graphics because the 3D environment is integral to the game... more so than most RTS games.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Why? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote