Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Pax Brittanica, yes sir.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Pax Brittanica, yes sir. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pax Brittanica, yes sir. - 9/27/2000 4:38:00 AM   
marcusjm

Ok so I'm also dissapointed at WON getting whacked by the ruthless TS (whose games I'll never buy again). How about securing the rights to Pax Brittanica? I don't know if it's in the hands of Hasbro or the original designer but it would still be worth examining. AH did a lousy job in converting their games and wouldn't want Hasbro to ruin more of my faves . The great potential in PB lies in it's great multiplayer focus. I can't say that I ever had so much fun in backstabbing and negotiating than in this game (not even Diplomacy). Plus it would be totally unique in it's field. And those who think these games might be too narrow should check out EU which I'm beta testing, lot's of posts in that board. Option 2 (if Hasbro is nasty) is to do a similar game with the same colonial powerstruggle feeling, borrowing some ideas from the designer perhaps? In addition I have a new idea that might make aquiring rights more feasible. Next post. Marcus

marcusjm
Post #: 1
- 9/27/2000 4:42:00 AM   
laurent Favre

quote:

Originally posted by marcusjm: AH did a lousy job in converting their games and wouldn't want Hasbro to ruin more of my faves . Marcus
If Hasbro would publish a game about American Civil War, they would put multiracial troops in Confederate ranks...Accuracy, what means accuracy...

When I think about TS, I'm suffocating. And you?

(in reply to marcusjm)
Post #: 2
- 9/27/2000 4:50:00 AM   
marcusjm

If they did that I might lose my otherwise peaceful nature . VG:s Vietnam, CW and CA are some of my faves and I would REALLY get pissed if they ruined those. They did a decent job with 5th fleet though, wonder why they didn't try more from those designers? Marcus

marcusjm

(in reply to marcusjm)
Post #: 3
- 9/29/2000 5:46:00 AM   
sapperland

With the scoring system I found that Italy would have the best chance to win in Pax Brittanica. Has anyone won with other countries when playing against all major powers in the game?

(in reply to marcusjm)
Post #: 4
- 9/29/2000 7:28:00 AM   
Philippe R

Sapura, I played a lot of Pax Britannica, in my view,the first thing to know is that the shorter the game the better for Great britain, France and Germany, so i often won the game by defying a lot the congress of Europe with the British. As for the others, for Russia, gang with Japan, provoke a war in China, crush it and plunder, and after the war, ally yourself with UK, France, Germany or the USA and pressure the Japs if the become too greedy. It's not work every time and i recognize that Italy is favored by its factor, but remember having seen somewhere that for play balance it was necessary to adjust the Italian factor. Great game anyway, a computer version would be nice. Marcusjm, i have been playing the EU boardgame for a while, how is the computer version ? Will it besoon released ?

(in reply to marcusjm)
Post #: 5
- 9/29/2000 12:10:00 PM   
Marc Hameleers

Hi Eu 's release date is set in oktober, but it will just be an scandanavian/German release for now. They are still looking for a American distributor... As for Pax Brittanica, I love that game. However, I f i can get matrix to do a computer colonial strategy games, i would like a lot more then just a conversion.... Marc

(in reply to marcusjm)
Post #: 6
- 9/30/2000 5:36:00 AM   
marcusjm

As for Pax Brittanica being converted I agree that maybe it would be better to do a similar game with the "flavour" of PB. This would be cheaper and allow for some new and unique ideas. From my experience of EU I can say that most of the negatives from the boardgame seems to be ironed out. The beta test is now over and they are just polishing it to the final release. Hopefully everything works okay afterward . Even I am not that optimistic, a complex game like this will most likelly need 5-6 months before maturing totally. One good thing with waiting is that you get a better patched product. All in all I can say that I really liked testing and playing EU. Marcus

marcusjm

(in reply to marcusjm)
Post #: 7
- 9/30/2000 9:22:00 AM   
Philippe R

Okay, thank you for the informations, i have discovered the EU site some days ago, and from reading the AAR it looks great, i even strarted to post some messages, but i have the impression that war has become rather preeminent in CG EU, more than a tool for politics as it was in the boardgame; but i may be wrong and many features they included seems fascinating as the way they modified the use of the Trade centers. I can't wait to see this game( and hopes that nobody from their design team ever signed a contract with TS). To come back to the original tread, i would say that an adaptation of PB on computer should raise the level of details, the boardgame is pretty generic, and some mechanisms from EU could be used. It could be also extended to a period covering the post napoleonic era up to WW1. Thus including a more detailed European and political system but here i'm maybe out of the topic. Apologies for Sapperland that i called Sappura, it's what happens when you switch from one forum to another, i didn't mean any offense. Kind regards, Philippe R

(in reply to marcusjm)
Post #: 8
- 10/25/2003 5:24:04 AM   
Chiteng

that was simple bizzare

“It is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of the same opinion, is a monster.”

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest

"Statistic

(in reply to marcusjm)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Pax Brittanica, yes sir. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI