Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Battles in Normandy--expansion pack?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Battles in Normandy--expansion pack? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Battles in Normandy--expansion pack? - 10/29/2003 11:56:11 AM   
bostonrpgmania

In one thread, Gregor mentioned about battles in Normandy
Is this an upcoming title using Korsun pocket engine?
Post #: 1
- 10/29/2003 1:15:23 PM   
bostonrpgmania

For your information, Gregor mentioned normandy in answering the following question from forum member

Originally Posted by j campbell
Just a thought-it would be nice if engineering units that are in a defensive position could deploy minefields in an adjacent hex-say 1 per turn if the unit did not move or provide an additional defensive bonus for units sharing the same hex. At the moment i use my german engineering units to try an blow as many bridges as possible and avoid soviet units as best possible in my retreat. I try not to have them in the front line too much because of the VP's if they are eliminated. any thoughts, suggestions?

john
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We thought about this, but we couldn't see any way of stopping players from abusing the system, and creating their own private Maginot lines. But in Battles in Normandy, the scenario creator will be able to specify a number of minefields that turn up in a particular turn and must be placed in that turn by the player (in much the same way as interdiction happens now).

This way, there is a defined limit to the number of minefields created, but you still get the fun of trying to predict where they will do the most good.

Gregor

(in reply to bostonrpgmania)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Battles in Normandy--expansion pack? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI